DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Newbie Checkin!

Notices

Newbie Checkin! New to the forums? Introduce yourself here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

You mean a 'Working Ram'! Not a Pageant Princess. We will welcome the contrast.

Bring on the pics!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew-Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black over Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:31
Hardware is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by majake01 View Post
...And I will honor the picture request but honestly it's nothing special, just a standard get my butt to work and haul yard trimmings to the dump twice a year truck,along with the occasional helping family members (my kids) move.
That's good too!
MODS: BAKFlip F1; Head Rack; WeatherTech mud-flaps, vent visors & bug deflector; Cabella's rear seat cover; cabin air filter; Geno's Grill Quick Release Kit, PIAA Xtreme headlamps (Highs, Lows and Foglamps), WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 1500 hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
majake01 is on a distinguished road
Default Here's a picture of my problem!

After reading as much as possible here on this forum I decided to throw caution to the wind and get my screwdriver out. I took apart the cover and disconnected the connecter to the ignition and found this. Notice the discoloration between the top two pins.
Where do I go from here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burnt connector.jpg (66.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Just some guy in Canada

brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

There is no doubt that a lot of current passes between those to pins.

Then they get hot like this it is usually an indication of contact resistance (poor mechanical connection that results in poor electrical connection) which produces heat and often intermittent connection. Generally this can be corrected by cleaning the connection points with a very fine sand paper (400/600 grit), and only cleaning enough to show the silvery (or brass) color. It is also prudent to slightly crimp the connectors to ensure a positive mechanical connection.

In this case, the electrical connector can be removed from the housing for cleaning and repair.

First things first - Make sure you had removed a battery cable! Proceeding with the battery connected can and will likely lead to some pretty devastating results.

If you slip a very small miniature screw driver or metal pick into the 1/2 moon notch in the middle of the electrical connector and tilt slightly away from the connector, this will release the retaining tab and allow the wire and electrical connector to slide out the back of the retainer. After you get the first one out and see the tab, the rest will only take a second to release.

When you are 'crimping' the connector edges to improve the mechanical connection, don't over crimp....it doesn't take much and try to crimp evenly down it's entire length (about 3/8") and on both sides. Do only one at a time so you don't get mixed up on which wire goes where.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 06-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default All fixed!

I was driving home from the supermarket and stopped into Auto Zone and they had a ignition switch for $31.00 so I bought it. I installed the new switch and not only did the blower work but an intermittent check engine warning light disappeared. Two birds-one stone, brilliant!
Now the wife reports that the A/C in her Tahoe is blowing hot air. Man, sometimes I long for the days of my old '65 mustang. No electric switches or extraneous stuff to go wrong.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Just some guy in Canada

This is excellent news! It's nice when you can fix numerous issues with 1 $31.00 part.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default Pictures, as promised.

Here she is, my plain Jane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram1.jpg (116.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ram2.jpg (118.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Thanks for sharing the pics!

What are those tabs along the edge of the box? Are they tie downs for something?

Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Rep:15
2011bighornhemi is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum! there is a lot of great info on this site. whether you're looking to modify your ram or have it just as it came from the factory, there's something here for everyone. enjoy the site!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
Color: Blue/Silver
Rep:36
MadSoul87 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Z. You have a good looking RAM there. Guaranteed you will find tons of information for new mods and great leads as to where the best place is to purchase them. Of course one of our sponsors is AutoAnything and having worked with Clark a couple times I am confident in saying that the company is definitely worth a look at. Mods are always fun to do, but they are even more fun to share with everyone. Check out the Complete Builds section and start one up so we can follow your build progress and also so if you find a truck that you enjoy seeing modded you can follow that trucks progress as well. Looking forward to see you around the Z and feel free to ask for any advice because I am sure someone will be able to answer your questions (as was proven by Brad lol) or point you in the direction of someone who can.

My Build Page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102923