DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice
Default Replacing my Flowmaster with a Magnaflow...again!

Well I am having the Flowmaster on my truck replaced with a Magnaflow today....again, lol. I swapped the Flowmaster on my old 4.7 Ram to a Magnaflow shortly before I traded it and I was so impressed that it converted me. My current hemi Ram had Flowmaster duals on it already when I traded for it but I am having the Magnaflow swapped in today. I really hope I notice results comparable to the last swap. I went with an 18" on the 4.7 but I was so impressed with the sound and small amount of drone that I went with a 14" this time! I don't know how good the recorded sound quality is on my wife's camera but I will try to do a before and after. Wish me luck!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2012, 09:26 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

right on man! looking forward to it
Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 PM

starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Well I got it put on today. Unfortunately I was correct about my wife's digital camera....I took a before vid but the sound quality is worse than horrible. It's a digital still camera that also records short vids. I have access to an actual camcorder but couldn't get to it before time to take the truck in. I will see if I can at least get an after video.

The sound result is what I expected as far as tone.....low and deep without the chambered throatiness. I was a little surprised by the sound volume...it's quieter than I expected being it is considerably shorter than the Flowmaster. I believe the Magnaflow is louder when really on the throttle though. I will be able to report back on the power/mpg/overall sound after I have had time to get used to it.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

Your magnaflow will get ALOT louder within a few weeks but don't expect it to be as loud as the flowmaster. I like the sound of both.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:27 PM

Drove around a little today and I love it. It's definitely quieter when just easing around but definitely a little louder and IMO sounds better when you step in a little. I'm not sure what type of FM was on the truck. It was longer than a 40 or 44 so I'm guessing it was a 50 or maybe 70 series.

I'll update in a few weeks on the sound and the power/mpg.