DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Sea Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
TORMENTOR has a spectacular aura aboutTORMENTOR has a spectacular aura about
Default I love my ram BUT....

So i've had my ram for over a year and a half now, bought it brand new in 2010 and absolutely love it, by far my favorite vehicle. Recently though, i've been looking to buy a house, a townhouse i should add. Me and my girlfriend have looked at several places, fell in love with quite a few but they ALL had one big issue...no parking for my truck!! No driveway parking, no garage to fit it AND no street parking!

It's getting pretty frustrating when looking for a place out here and the only thing holding us back is my truck. Even my girlfriend who loves my truck is starting to get frustrated. My family AND my realtor suggests i should sell it if i want to buy a place.

Housing here is very expensive, even these townhouses are in the high 300's to low 400's range to buy. A single family home just is out of my reach at this time.

So im really stuck at the moment, either keep waiting and hoping a place will pop up that fits my truck, or sell it and get into a place now.

I never thought i would have to sell my truck....
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2012, 03:32 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman - Rambox
Color: Black Crystal - Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
wvcoolvinilla will become famous soon enough

Dude that ain't no good !!!! But if you have to find a roof under you're head it is what it is.. now you have to start looking for a 2012 AWD Charger RT Max...these are sweet and will go in the snow !!!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:13 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Here is my take on it. Don't sell the truck if you don't HAVE to move right now (IE need more space due to new baby or something)

Here is why: If you have to sell your beloved Ram to buy a home, you will inherently hate the house because you had to sell your pride and joy.

Been there my friend...and its no bueno.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 04-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black,Silver
Rep:37
Kibagami is on a distinguished road

They should make a law for those who build house or appartment in big towns that if you have a house size X or an appartment with X number of room you need a set number of parking spot for it.

If they don't have enough space to build a house or appartment with enough parking spot then don't ****ing build it there!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:06 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

I'm gonna have to concur with ArmyOfOne on this one. Unless your about to be homeless, don't go selling your beloved Ram. Keep looking Bro....you can't be the only Canadian who likes to drive a truck, and live in a townhouse.

Besides....look at it this way....you'd be living with a bunch of non-truck driving people!!! Yawn!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:69
doz will become famous soon enough

How doesnt your ram fit in a garage? Garages are pretty standard as far as sizing and mine fits no problem height wise. I have a level kit and 34.5" tires as well and have no issues getting into a garage.

Are you sure you measured properly? Unless you are lifted, you should be able to fit.
DS Trinity w/ Jay Greene Tune (PM for info), S&B Intake, ARH LT Headers, Magnaflow Cat-back, 87mm PTB, BT Catch Can, 180* T-Stat, v6 E-Fan, 5000k RS HID, XD Misfits w/ 35"x12.5"x18", Rancho QL level, 5% tint w/ 35% full windshield
Old 04-12-2012, 06:17 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i find it hard to believe you cant park your truck, but if canada is anything like the states, now is the time to buy. the condo will appreciate in value and the truck won't. i would sel the truck if that is the only way to get a decent place.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 2500
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:26
Moose612 is on a distinguished road

I would continue looking. A house is a big investment and the way I see it like Armyofone if its not required now shouldn't you wait till you find the one you want? Especially if its gonna cost that much money, I personally wouldn't buy unless it was damn near perfect.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2010 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Rep:108
ridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enoughridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enough

MOVE! lol. Find a place further out of the city then U can park your truck in pease. If U have to drive further to work so be it...at least you will be driving YOUR truck instead of some chit econobox! While your at it, install a loud exhaust and drive to town with your truck all muddy just to piss off all those in towners!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: ST
Rep:10
y2kflhr is on a distinguished road

I feel your pain, I live in a townhouse development, my motorcycles get the garage, the girlfriends benz gets the driveway and I have to scatter around to find a place to find my new truck....my criteria of a garage for the bikes forced me to move further away from my roots than I wanted, but it is what it is....