DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:67
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I have seen a lot of dodge rams mostly black here in tx with the clear breaking down on the roof , hood, and tops of the doors. I can't say it is only dodge going doing poor paint work if you look at the newer Ford's from mustang to expeditions they have rust bubbling up the paint on the hoods which I find odd in tx now maybe in a snow state with road salt but here I coukd see if on a couple that may.live near the ocean but it has been on almost all the used cars coming through in the same spot on the front of the goods right above the grill and headlights.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Regular Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mopar09 is on a distinguished road

Agreed! We have bad winters here in WV where I live, so of course I have to constantly spray the road salt off of my truck in the winter but this paint they are using today is either very poor quality or they are just half a**ing it. I have noticed on my wife's 08 RAM the exact same problem. Her truck is red and the clear coat is coming off of the hood in the exact same spot as on my 09. Same size, shape, everything. I wish they would do better with the paint!

-Justin(mopar09)
Old 07-09-2012, 08:25 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:67
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

Only reason I bought my 09 aside from the price was who ever had it kept it in a garage or car port and had waxed it often because the paint was in great condition otherwise I would have gotten white or silver like I originally wanted. Not that those are my favorite colors but they don't show scratches. also it hot states like TX light colors aren't affected by the sun as bad as dark colors.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.