DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of
Default my build thread

well this is gunna start out as a build 'story' before i get into it.

I started this awesome silver(ish) 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 in a trade. My first ram was a black 1500 Sport. While i was deployed, i loaned my black sport to a friend.... and he beat the living snot out of it. there was too much damage to list, but after a new front end and a new tranny, she just was not the same truck. There was just an overwhelming amount of repairs over the whole truck, and i was starting to tackle them one by one. Tires finally came up, and i found a guy on craigslist with some 33s. when i went to buy em, i saw a silver extended cab sitting on the side of his garage ( my soon to be tank). my thoughts were PART TRUCK! I asked a few general questions about it, and short of just over 200000 miles, she ran like a champ... so no part truck. he offered a straight trade, mine for his, because i had a new tranny, and there was a 5 inch fabtech sitting in the bed of his, new in the box. so i made the leap and so starts my project tank.

Since i joined the forum well after i started building the ram up, i dont have many pictures of what she started out as. I installed the lift shortly after getting it, got a cheap black roll bar, and a set of 16x8s wrapped in goodyear wrangler 35s. pretty sweet. oh and a black grille off ebay for dirt cheap. real tough for me. so heres where i start some pictures .

35s!!!!!!! ( the below picture was took much later from when the first one was, its just the best pic i have of the rims and tires)

Last edited by double0ram; 04-02-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2012, 05:07 PM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Next up was the headlights. going from a sport to this ram, i hated the headlights. yellowed and foggy, hated is an understatement. so i bought a set of headlights off ebay, a combo hid headlight package.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:17 PM

at this point i was content for a while. odd thought but since that point I've never been content, too many projects. well i wanted a cb, so i bought one. 50th anniversary Cobra 29 LX, a set of top loaded 4ft fiberglass antennas, some springs, and a old pa speaker from the fire dept.

my speaker is mounted in the bottom of my front bumper underneath the radiator. the cobra i picked out because it has weather capabilities, 40 channels, and the ability to change the display color.... shallow i know but its pretty cool.

Over the span of owning the truck, ive had my antennas mounted in the bed, up front, and now on the side of the tool box. didnt really notice any difference in reception between the mounting locations. i also plan on swapping out the basic antennas for some firestiks soon.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:26 PM

then all thanks to this forum and many of you, i discovered tinting tails with vht. so i did my stock tails, but in the end, i tinted em a shade too dark, and figured i should start over. i hit up ebay for some aftermarket tails to tint, and this is what i ended up with!

after tinting them, i installed and backed em with some led towers thanks to vleds.com

Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 PM

i also did my third brake light but it kept cracking on me, and i personally dislike the factory one anyways, so currently its semi tinted and not hooked up. i plan on putting a led one up there in the future.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:34 PM

i dont have pictures of this one cause i did it back in wisconsin with some friends, but i swapped my 5 inch fabtech lift for a 5 inch bds lift. my freind didnt like how rough his bds lift was and i loved it so we swapped suspensions over a weekend and a few beers.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 PM

back in south dakota, my brakes through me for a good one. i really did a number to them, and i paid for my lack of attention to them. heres the thread of my repairs to them. theres some real good pictures of how bad i screwed em up.

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=89162

and heres the finished product of my labor

Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 PM

I've always loved a loud exhaust system, and every truck I've owned has at one point been straight piped. This one was no different. When i got it, it had some off brand muffler, 2 inlets with 2 outlets 90'd right before the passenger rear tire. it was ok sounding, but not loud enough. I liked the idea of right before the axle, so exhaust pros hooked up a high flow cat with 3 inch straight pipe ending in a 45 angled before the passenger rear axle with a 3 and a half inch tip. nice and loud 318! in some of the up comming pictures youll be able to see the tip.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:49 PM

also around that time i added a spectre cold air intake. ebay... 70 bucks. then i fabbed up a ram air setup for it, and that works really nice! heres the thread for the ram air mod

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?p=494194#post494194
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM

this one wasnt so much a mod as it was a repair. my awesome vleds tower bulbs carried a 1 year warrenty, and i was just over it when i had one short out. at 70 bucks for two, i needed another option. Autozone had some led bulbs for 16 bucks a pair, and they were brighter too! so in those went, and i liked em them more than the vleds.