Convert middle front seat to floor console like Laramie edition
So I looked all over the internet on this subject and was frustrated that I couldn't find anything on it so I want to help anybody out there that wants to do this mod as well. I disliked the 40/20/40 seat in the front and after coming from a Durango I missed the floor console and felt it was such a waste of space on the floor so I found one on eBay without the floor shift that matched my interior color first try. Paid more than I wanted ($399) but after going to the dealership and them telling me that they only sell it in all pieces which totaled over $1200! I was able to swallow the $399.
How to convert your 40/20/40 seat into a floor console: work time about 1hr
1. Take off radio bezel 2 screws on top under tray bezel will then just pop off with a bit of prying unplug A/C controls
2. Take off 12v cigerette plugs on either sides of cup holder. 2 bolts hold these in top and bottom
3. Take out cup holder pull down tray 2 bolts holding it down on the top. There will be some trim along the floor that pops out as well
4. Now to the seats. Unscrew 4 bolts holding down passanger seat along with
2 bolts holding down center seat helps if you slide driver seat all the way forward to access bolts
5. once outside the vehicle 4 bolts hold the passenger and center seat together
6. The new console has rear a/c vents that need to connect to a/c duct at floor of dash. In order to do so I had to cut the carpt to remove old duct and realized that there is a 4" adapter that I will need on order for it to seal properly
7. My floor console came assembled and simply slid into place and then replaced passenger seat and viola.
Problems I had:
1. Biggest problem is that the radio bezel is to short. I need to find the right bezel. you can see in the photos there is a 2" gap from console to bezel might need to buy from dealer
2. Need a 4" duct extension for airflow to reach back seat
3. Need to extend wiring to the 12v outlets. The original ones are too short.
Other than that it was a super easy mod and looks 10X better.
I just wanted to say great job on the install I know there are a few people looking around to do this. I'm pretty sure you could order just the bezel from the Service Desk at a fee of course, their awfully proud of their plastic parts lol Do you have any plans for the area the "floor" shifter sits in or is that a storage compartment?
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Nice! Im on a mission now, must do this mod. After reviewing pics of '09 interiors at looks at though there is a bezel made just for the center console along with the trim pieces that extend to the floor.
Part number on that console? I have same column shift & interior color.
No part # for the full console. When I went to Dodge dealer they only sold it in pieces which totaled $1200.00 I just stumbled across the one on eBay by luck. Came with everything but the longer radio bezel, A/C duct joint. Dealer wants $315 for radio bezel and $27 for duct joint!! They are proud of their plastic parts. I can live with the gap for now and am looking for a cheaper bezel online. so if you know anybody send them my way. attached are pics of finished product and gap