DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 dodge ram
Rep:10
808 hank is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 1500 sensor problems

My 2002 dodge 1500 door ajar sensor comes on when I touch the throttle but only when I am driving down the road.Has any body had this problem?
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2011, 10:32 AM
erm

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't had that problem. I'm only guessing here but I suspect either a shorted wire or a loose connection to the sensor.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Color: red
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
bubbaf is on a distinguished road

That is the reason that I got on this forum to try to figure out. Every time I touch the throttle the door ajar alarm dings and the interior lights stay on. Also all four door locks cycle.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
devans is on a distinguished road

I too am having this issue. So far I've found references to bad door latch switches and bad door lock actuators. Either way both the switch and lock actuator are integral to the door latch and they are not cheap about $75 U.S.. I did find out which latch needed replacing by disconnecting the electrical harness on each door one at a time until I no longer got the chime, lock cycle. The first couple of doors I disconnected the latch and drove down the road, by accident I found out all you need to do is hit the door lock switch on the drivers door. If you got a chime then you need to keep looking, if not that was the bad latch/door ajar/door lock actuator. Oh and if you get the chime, plug that latch back in then go to the next one. In the mean time you can do away with the very annoying chime by pulling the door lock fuse but you will lose that function and will have to lock all doors manually. This will just buy you time until you can actually work on the truck. Once you figure out which latch assembly is bad leave that one unplugged until you get the new one and just remember to manually lock that door, put the power door lock fuse back in and the remaining doors will lock when you hit the button. It's kind of doing things the hard way but with what dealerships are charging for diagnostics it was worth it to me. All total it took me about four hours, most of which was trying to figure out how to unhook that first harness connector, but now I can do it much faster. I understand the dealer can hook up the truck to a machine and figure it out real fast but there is that fee attached. I'm sure there are other ways to do this but this is what worked for me.
I hope this helps.
Don