DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010x3.92 View Post
Heres my problem list. (keep in mind I have been Mopar my entire life) Mom drives an 06 Srt-8 300, dad has a 10 R/T Classic Challenger, 70 Cuda, 69 Coronet R/T, I have a 67 Satellite, and lil bro has a 72 Dart Swinger. My uncle is a block engineer for Chrysler.

That being said my new truck is slightly annoying. 38k miles. If I wasn't in the thing so cheap I would be more annoyed. I love everything about the truck especially the economy (why I bought it).

Heres the list
-Blower motor
-Ac compressor
-Suspension noise
-Antenna bezel faded out within 2 years
-Seals between bed and cab are already rusty
-Drivers seat stitching seperating
-Rear window leaking during rain
-Exhaust noise at 1600 Rpm under load (I believe it to be a converter so that will be taken care of under the 8 80)
-One of the goodyears has a bad place in it that causes a vibration at all the x5 Mph intervals over 45 mph.
-Very loud rattle in the drivers door under the window switch area

My dealer crapped the bed and did not fix all these problems properly within the 36k mile mark so now they have tied themselves to the truck to fix problems they did not properly diagnose or botched up the fixes the first time. I think I have had it there no less than 6 times within the last 3 months for those problems some of which persist.

I dianosed all these problems mind you. They insisted that the suspension noise was the shocks when I told them it was the right front lower control arm bushing. Replaced shocks noise still there.

Replaced Ac compressor picked truck up. Pulling a trailer 3 hours away clicked on the ac to cool the cab off from the sun. Nothing..... Got out looked under the truck pump not plugged in. Plugged pump in still nothing checked HVAC ports. Both caps missing. Used my key to purge the low side fitting what do ya know no R134A in the system whatsoever. Now the pump isn't running again so they have messed up a seal during the pump replacement.

Would much rather the dealer just give me the parts and then repairs could be done in a proper manner.

If it was still below 36k I might have considered trading it on a new express regular cab (what I was going to order in the first place) After trade allowance I walked out with a 10 Big horn QC with 20k miles for less than 18k after my trade and what I owed on the other truck. It was a one owner truck before me and my family knew him.
Long story short, don't blame Mopar, blame the crappy service department at your dealership If I had all those issues I'd be pissed to but here's how I look at it. EVERY vehicle is assembled by humans. Try as we might to use computers to do most of the work, it all comes down to human error. It sucks when your spending this kind of money on a new truck you expect things to work properly, but it's not always that way. It sounds like you got a bit of a bad apple and now the dealership is giving you the run around. ANYTIME you take a vehicle to the dealership, check it out afterwards. Even when I take mine for the free oil change I'll check to make sure they didn't jack anything else up. I've popped the hood and seen radiator and windshield fluid caps missing from when they Topped it of 'complimentary'. Buddy of mine has a 12' SRT Charger and checked the oil filter and they didn't screw it on properly. Human errors and lazy ass people.
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:32
2010x3.92 is on a distinguished road

I have been an advisor at 2 Chrysler dealers prior (thankfully I'm in a different business now!). You are 100 percent right it is lazy ass people. You couldn't imagine the F ups I would catch on final inspection on the lane before customer delivery. Not blaming Mopar haha but I feel the truck has had a lot of simple problems that it shouldn't have had below 40k miles. Just wanted to get them checked off before I had to start paying for them. Keep in mine these all surfaced closer to or before the 30k mark and thats how long its taken the dealer to somewhat fix it. Like I said I would rather them give me the parts and I will return the warranty parts after I fix it ha. When this round of things are finished it won't set tire into another dealer. First warranyy visit they had it for a week and a half and did not hang one part on it.. I was pretty cranky because it rained all week and I was driving my 67...

Asside from this I dont wan't to quit driving it. I love how it operates/drives/looks/sounds/tows/fuel economy. The problem with it is that I was tired of working on my older trucks so I said bye bye and bought one I thought I wouldn't have to work on for a while .

Stop into a different dealership yesterday in my many travels to pick up some wiper blades(the Mopar set on it lasted darn near a year!). Parts guy didn't have a clue what the truck was supposed to have. I knew the older body style took 24's these looked shorter so I guessed 22's. Took him a while to come up with a number and didn't know the size and did not have them in stock and never had. No wipers for Dodge Rams produced between 2009 and now? Classy parts department.

Grabbed up some Bosh Icons... Will see how they last.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010x3.92 View Post
I have been an advisor at 2 Chrysler dealers prior (thankfully I'm in a different business now!). You are 100 percent right it is lazy ass people. You couldn't imagine the F ups I would catch on final inspection on the lane before customer delivery. Not blaming Mopar haha but I feel the truck has had a lot of simple problems that it shouldn't have had below 40k miles. Just wanted to get them checked off before I had to start paying for them. Keep in mine these all surfaced closer to or before the 30k mark and thats how long its taken the dealer to somewhat fix it. Like I said I would rather them give me the parts and I will return the warranty parts after I fix it ha. When this round of things are finished it won't set tire into another dealer. First warranyy visit they had it for a week and a half and did not hang one part on it.. I was pretty cranky because it rained all week and I was driving my 67...

Asside from this I dont wan't to quit driving it. I love how it operates/drives/looks/sounds/tows/fuel economy. The problem with it is that I was tired of working on my older trucks so I said bye bye and bought one I thought I wouldn't have to work on for a while .

Stop into a different dealership yesterday in my many travels to pick up some wiper blades(the Mopar set on it lasted darn near a year!). Parts guy didn't have a clue what the truck was supposed to have. I knew the older body style took 24's these looked shorter so I guessed 22's. Took him a while to come up with a number and didn't know the size and did not have them in stock and never had. No wipers for Dodge Rams produced between 2009 and now? Classy parts department.

Grabbed up some Bosh Icons... Will see how they last.
Those Bosch Icons are awesome with the Micro edge blade, or the set from Rain-X. As someone who frequently drives in tropical storms and small hurricanes I'll say they're a lot better than what comes with the truck. The factory wipers are pretty good but lack when it comes to the harder rains here in Florida IMO
Old 01-31-2013, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Rep:32
2010x3.92 is on a distinguished road

Good to know. I think I had Icons on my 03 3/4 ton but I can't remember.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:10
Flight-ER-Doc is on a distinguished road

I was in for my first oil change after I purchased my used truck....

Aside from the puddle lights (which hopefully will be covered by my extended warranty) the tie rod ends are loose.....covered, but I have to pay for the alignment afterwards. OK.

My SVC 4WD light comes on from time to time, they will replace a sensor....covered under warranty.

My EVIC blanks out when its very (-35F) cold, they will replace a module - under warranty.

I've noticed that I am getting a weird buzz or something (sounds like a gasp, actually) from somewhere. It doesn't happen all the time, repeats itself without any particular pattern, isn't related to the radio (happens on or off). Anyone else had this?

Finally, no word on the rear pinon recall yet. Is locktite really that hard to find?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Rep:10
SCHP52Ram is on a distinguished road

I've got about 45000 on mine and i have noticed that the dash creaks a little. It is annoying but i only notice it on cold days. As for the performance it has been flawless. Great Truck so far.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I've got not quite 17500 miles on mine... no troubles at all that I didn't cause

Exco

same. but hey I can fix it myself haha
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 03-05-2013, 04:12 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram SLT LONESTAR
Trim Level: 1500 SLT LONESTAR QC
Color: White
Rep:99
aepowell will become famous soon enough

44000 miles and not one problem!!!

Aepowell Sherman,TX.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 2006 RAM 3500; 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black 2 tone grey
Rep:48
rsg1963 is on a distinguished road
Default 49k miles on our 2010.

No issues to report besides passenger side rear door lock actuator failed- covered under warranty (lifetime).
Otherwise flawless.
Been maintaining on my own. Engine oil & filter no later than 5K, read diff cover replaced with Mag-HiTec and Amsoil synthetic installed, 16 plugs installed this week, transmission filter(s) and oil changed this week.

RAM Pickup: 2010 1500 Laramie Hemi: Magtec Rear Diff cover/AmsOil 75w-110 Syn, 24" Magnaflow, Resonator delete, Line-X; Bilstein shocks with leveling kit 2.75";305/60-20 GY Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grades; Lift Air Bag Suspension;
RAM Truck: 2006 3500 ST Cummins:Line-X; Leveling Kit 2" with Edelbrock shocks; Ultra Custom rims w/ 265/70-17 Goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade; Backup Camera/NAV/DVD video/Reese 24K 5th wheel hitch; RDS 51 Gal tank/toolbox; Banks:CAI, MonsterRam 3.5",Monster Exhaust;Pac Brake Prxb.