DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmike07 View Post
Wow all i can say we were neck and neck all the way till 80 then i pulled a bit. Them new rams are FAST!!
Read this ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmike07 View Post
unless you are spraying i think u loose
Now this^^
This was said in regards to SS4Luck runing his stock 4th Gen against a stock 3rd Gen
Now how did you not just contradict yourself? The newer 4th Gens are faster then the old 3rd Gens stock Vs. Stock. A stock 3rd Gen will pull a high 15/low16 sec 1/4 time where a 4th Gen will pull a mid to low 14. MoparMike, reading your mod list, you have a tuner and headers, and a 4th Gen was keeping up with you. I don't think he was ahead by 5 lengths but a 1.5 - 2 second difference in 1/4 times would be a few lenghts for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobred View Post
I dont think we will see these gen 4 5.7 motors along with that new 6.4 ever run as fast as the gen 3 5.7 and 6.1 motors for a long long time if ever.
Read above statement man, a stock 4th Gen 5.7 is definitely faster than a stock 3rd Gen 5.7, The last time I checked the 3rd Gen didn't produce 390HP at the crank. Yes you can make a 3rd Gen faster than a 4th because you have the aftermarket for it. But even with a tuner, headers, ported TB and a 210 Cam MoparMike barely squeezed off a stock 4th Gen... his words.

Last edited by InDeepWaterBlue; 07-06-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 07-06-2012, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Read this ^^

Now this^^
This was said in regards to SS4Luck runing his stock 4th Gen against a stock 3rd Gen
Now how did you not just contradict yourself? The newer 4th Gens are faster then the old 3rd Gens stock Vs. Stock. A stock 3rd Gen will pull a high 15/low16 sec 1/4 time where a 4th Gen will pull a mid to low 14. MoparMike, reading your mod list, you have a tuner and headers, and a 4th Gen was keeping up with you. I don't think he was ahead by 5 lengths but a 1.5 - 2 second difference in 1/4 times would be a few lenghts for sure.

Read above statement man, a stock 4th Gen 5.7 is definitely faster than a stock 3rd Gen 5.7, The last time I checked the 3rd Gen didn't produce 390HP at the crank. Yes you can make a 3rd Gen faster than a 4th because you have the aftermarket for it. But even with a tuner, headers, ported TB and a 210 Cam MoparMike barely squeezed off a stock 4th Gen... his words.
tell me something I dont know I know what they do stock for stock dude. I ran a 13.5 with just a canned diablo tune and my buddy Mike (MGH) with his gen 4 twin turbo runs low 12s.. now look at all the drag threads..Im merely pointing out the vct are playing hell on the gen 4 5.7s.. where the gen 3 5.7s or the 6.1s doesnt have to deal with it. So in my humble opinion if you can show me an 11 second pass with your gen 4.... I know that when I pull up at a light and that older gen 3 RCSB pulls beside me, he gets a nice big thumbs up from me cause there is a distinct lil possibility he'd smoke my ****in ass LOL
heres some food for thought for you, peace young blood and happy hunting...<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zvzrdkOA8BE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by autobred; 07-06-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Ah ok I see what your getting at, hopefully more companies like Comp Cams (Introduced VVT Compatible Cams) and Inertia will step up when it comes to helping make more power out of these things. I know the 3rd Gens tend to dominate the strip since they aren't as limited
Old 07-06-2012, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

that phase limiter has been on a gen 4 truck beta testing here on the boards since last november but Ill let him post up on any news about progress.. we'll see bro
Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

That 105 gets there real fast then we are left with out dicks in our hands per say
Old 07-07-2012, 05:18 AM

Vehicle: 07 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: st
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
moparmike07 will become famous soon enough

Sorry read it wrong. Goshy don't need to be so harsh

2007 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5 percent tint all around 35 percent windshield, ported tb, diablo sport, arh headers, magnaflow dual exhaust, magnaflow y pipe, krc210x cam,nitrous,CNC ported head. 4.56 motive