DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Love reading the ideas that are coming out and would be cool to see something come out that is similar to the ideas going around.
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

FYI since everyone is wants an SRT Ram, I thought I'd add some more Ram news, and that is the tuner!!! Ralph Gilles was at Mopar Nationals at Carlisle with his SRT Team and said a tuner for 11+ will be out in October/November.

I'm sorry 4x4 guys but no SRT for you, SRT stands for Street & Racing Technology. Just my .02 guys, that's all.
With that said, I'll trade my truck in for a SRT RCSB in a minute easily
The simplest way to make an SRT Ram would be to take the R/T Ram, drop in the 6.4L and add a 6 speed manual with a Mopar body kit and functional Sport Hood. 4.10 LSD, lowered and firm ride hieght. Special 5 spoke 22" Aluminum Rims, grippy 305's out back with a 245 up front. The SRT Chally already has offset wheel and tire combo so why not the Ram? Add Brembo 18" rotors with 6 piston calipers up front and a 15" 4 Piston out back would stop that baby on a dime. Add a high flow header/exhaust dumped out the side

Last edited by InDeepWaterBlue; 07-11-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:23 AM

Vehicle: 2012 ram reg cab express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:79
dusterman will become famous soon enough

The srt team with a tuner huh? I guess dodge and srt are coming to make more money together. Now since srt is coming out with one do we keep the warranty for our vehicles.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterman View Post
The srt team with a tuner huh? I guess dodge and srt are coming to make more money together. Now since srt is coming out with one do we keep the warranty for our vehicles.
That's the speculation going around at the moment It seems Chrysler and (More importantly SRT) are trying to keep more things in house kind of like what GM has done for the Camaro and Corvette side in a way.

My only fear is if they somehow manage to make it SRT only. Sounds strange but the SRT computers do get different programming to an extent. The computer reads input for 6.4L V8's, not 5.7L V8's. While ours have the same encryption code, they may find a work around for the programmer to read what type of motor is in your vehicle Just to point out none of that has been said that's pure speculation on my part
Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 AM

Then if that's the case there stupid. They have to relive the money they would make from us average joes.. When and if they release a tuner they will be put on back order immediately.. As long as they can give me custom tunes to the mods I have tranny tuning also I will be happy heck give a good 91-93 octane tune that's worth spending 300+ on
Old 07-11-2012, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SRT 10
Trim Level: SRT-10 Nightrunner
Color: Black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:26
Canviper is on a distinguished road

Here's one, Why even have a SRT RAM? As soon as they slap the SRT name on it we will all be paying a premium for it. Just give us more V8 options. The 4.7, 5.7 and 6.4. To make it a little more prestigious only offer the 6.4 in the top model like the Laramie. GM did the same thing when the latest Escaldes and Denali's came out. You could only get there 6.2L in there top models and that's where the money is at in the top models/ most mark up. So dodge would be better of selling a boat load of Laramie Rams with 6.4L and 4x4, then a hand full of 2x4 SRT Rams. Don't forget the last SRT Ram sold under 10,000 trucks. And MSRP was over 60,000 for these trucks back in 2004 to 2006. Not to sure how many people in today's economy can afford again another toy truck. Just me thinking out loud. Just give us a 6.4L option and some tuning for it and I am sure most will be happy.
NIGHTRUNNER #167/#400 MODS: K&N CAI, BBK TB, BORLA EXHAUST catless, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, SCT TUNED By Chris Jensen. My album is finally up come check out some pics.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:16 PM

Hecj just give us tuning in general.. Add a cam and heads and you have a truck better than a srt
Old 07-11-2012, 04:01 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 Regular Cab
Color: Metalic Grey
Rep:10
CoolBlueDude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canviper View Post
Here's one, Why even have a SRT RAM? As soon as they slap the SRT name on it we will all be paying a premium for it. Just give us more V8 options. The 4.7, 5.7 and 6.4. To make it a little more prestigious only offer the 6.4 in the top model like the Laramie. GM did the same thing when the latest Escaldes and Denali's came out. You could only get there 6.2L in there top models and that's where the money is at in the top models/ most mark up. So dodge would be better of selling a boat load of Laramie Rams with 6.4L and 4x4, then a hand full of 2x4 SRT Rams. Don't forget the last SRT Ram sold under 10,000 trucks. And MSRP was over 60,000 for these trucks back in 2004 to 2006. Not to sure how many people in today's economy can afford again another toy truck. Just me thinking out loud. Just give us a 6.4L option and some tuning for it and I am sure most will be happy.
I am not saying you are wrong- I just wanted to point out that "SRT" is a separate entity than Dodge.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SRT 10
Trim Level: SRT-10 Nightrunner
Color: Black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:26
Canviper is on a distinguished road

No problem, I know that SRT is separate but as soon as you slap a SRT symbol on something the cost goes up a lot. Make a 6.2 or 6.4 Supercharged motor for the SRT cars and jeep. And give the Ram owners a 4x4 6.4L Ram at least to start with. In the end don't get me wrong a SRT Ram would be very cool I just hope if they do make it, that it is some what affordable and more usable to a bigger group of people. And oh yeah AWD then it would be killer.
NIGHTRUNNER #167/#400 MODS: K&N CAI, BBK TB, BORLA EXHAUST catless, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, SCT TUNED By Chris Jensen. My album is finally up come check out some pics.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 Regular Cab
Color: Metalic Grey
Rep:10
CoolBlueDude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canviper View Post
No problem, I know that SRT is separate but as soon as you slap a SRT symbol on something the cost goes up a lot. Make a 6.2 or 6.4 Supercharged motor for the SRT cars and jeep. And give the Ram owners a 4x4 6.4L Ram at least to start with. In the end don't get me wrong a SRT Ram would be very cool I just hope if they do make it, that it is some what affordable and more usable to a bigger group of people. And oh yeah AWD then it would be killer.
Yah, I do think there should be more regular options or maybe just give the srt some options, there is an idea... Thanks for the rep points btw...