DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-31-2014, 10:46 PM
redrik redrik is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Albemarle, NC
Age: 28
Posts: 26
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 QC Black Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:43
redrik is on a distinguished road
Default SuperChips Flashpaq Trouble

So i bought a new flashpaq for my 2013 ram 5.7.

I tried to update it and it said my calibration was not on file.
So i called and they said they had to send it to the engineers. I get a call a week later and they said it was ready to be updated again. I connect it and update it and the computer says its up to date but the tuner says "database error"
I call super chips again and this time there was something missing from the tune so i had to update again and this time it took 30-40 minutes.
I get it updated again and plug it in to the truck and it says calibration is not available for my vehicle again.

After all this i believe i will be returning this tuner and going with a Hemifever. He is two hours away from me so hopefully i can take a drive and get it squared away.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 09-01-2014, 07:52 PM
JME's Avatar
JME JME is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 34
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
JME is on a distinguished road
Default

This is a little disconcerting. I just bought a Flashpaq for my 2012. I hope it works well.
__________________
2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi
Flashpaq Tuned
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:49 PM
dustin72's Avatar
dustin72 dustin72 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vegreville, Alberta
Age: 32
Posts: 174
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:48
dustin72 is on a distinguished road
Default

Have the same problem with my 2013. It's been over two months now and probably a dozen updates with no luck. Still says calibration is not on file. Getting pretty annoyed.
__________________

Black SRT10 22's with 305/45/22 Nitto NT420S Tires, 6000k Low and Fog HID's, Debadged, Tint, Custom Mopar Badges, S&B Intake, Magnaflow Muffler, Superchips Tuner
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2014, 05:54 PM
redrik redrik is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Albemarle, NC
Age: 28
Posts: 26
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 QC Black Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:43
redrik is on a distinguished road
Default

I finally got it figured out yesterday.
There is a new update they just released.
Its Database 669. i tried to update it and i had to call again. he said i had something blocking from getting the updated database. once i got that one done i put it in the truck and got it updated.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2014, 08:00 PM
toomuchrpm toomuchrpm is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 18
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Deep cherry red crystal pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
toomuchrpm is on a distinguished road
Default

That is one thing Superchips doesn't tell you upfront... you need to disable your virus protection so the updates will take. It took some searching on their forum to figure that out. I really think once the tuner for the 2013's has been out for 6 months or so they will have most of the programming variables figured out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2014, 08:25 AM
redrik redrik is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Albemarle, NC
Age: 28
Posts: 26
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 QC Black Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:43
redrik is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchrpm View Post
That is one thing Superchips doesn't tell you upfront... you need to disable your virus protection so the updates will take. It took some searching on their forum to figure that out. I really think once the tuner for the 2013's has been out for 6 months or so they will have most of the programming variables figured out.

I had read that too but that wasn't the problem. after it didn't update to 669 i called them back and he did something on his end that was blocking it and i had to update again and then it worked.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-2014, 09:15 AM
RAMinator13's Avatar
RAMinator13 RAMinator13 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Age: 25
Posts: 361
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 ram crew cab Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/laramie
Color: Black beauty
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:43
RAMinator13 is on a distinguished road
Default

so guys aside from all the problems getting it to work the very first time... what do you guys think of the programmer? does it take out a lot of the crappy torque management? can you feel the power improvement? transmission shifts seems solid?

I have the money for a programmer now and i really want one to help bring my intake and exhaust together... i wanted a super chips but now i don't know... this will be my last mod, maybe headers and a tb at the very max so thats why i wasn't gonna go with the diablo but i don't know if a hemifever would be better... everyone talks highly of the super chips canned tunes
__________________
2013 RAM CC Sport 4x4 - 6spd 3.55 Anti-spin diff. MODS: 35x12.5r20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ - Rough Country Level 2.5 front & 1.5 rear - Airaid MXP Cold Air - Magnaflow Magnapack 4x14 & Magnaflow True Flow Y pipe mod- 20x9 Ballistic Razorbacks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2014, 05:21 PM
HammerHead's Avatar
HammerHead HammerHead is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 417
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 DODGE RAM 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: SILVER
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:16
HammerHead is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrik View Post
So i bought a new flashpaq for my 2013 ram 5.7.

I tried to update it and it said my calibration was not on file.
So i called and they said they had to send it to the engineers. I get a call a week later and they said it was ready to be updated again. I connect it and update it and the computer says its up to date but the tuner says "database error"
I call super chips again and this time there was something missing from the tune so i had to update again and this time it took 30-40 minutes.
I get it updated again and plug it in to the truck and it says calibration is not available for my vehicle again.

After all this i believe i will be returning this tuner and going with a Hemifever. He is two hours away from me so hopefully i can take a drive and get it squared away.
I have a 2013 too and had the same problem but mine was worse. Bottom line I sent it back for a refund.
__________________
2013 Ram Express
1999 Ram 159K and still going strong. The Beast!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-09-2014, 07:57 PM
roo roo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: texas
Age: 54
Posts: 480
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013Express,2014 Charger R/T
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:39
roo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMinator13 View Post
so guys aside from all the problems getting it to work the very first time... what do you guys think of the programmer? does it take out a lot of the crappy torque management? can you feel the power improvement? transmission shifts seems solid?

I have the money for a programmer now and i really want one to help bring my intake and exhaust together... i wanted a super chips but now i don't know... this will be my last mod, maybe headers and a tb at the very max so thats why i wasn't gonna go with the diablo but i don't know if a hemifever would be better... everyone talks highly of the super chips canned tunes
I have a RC Express with a 3.91 limited slip diff. It is almost comical how easy it breaks the tires loose on a 1-2 upshift, half throttle will bark the tires on a 1-2 shift. The 93 tune is night and day compared to the stock tune, even the 87 tune is noticeable. I think tq management is really reduced on both tunes, you can just start rolling into the throttle from a stop or slow roll and leave 2 black strips about as long as you want ;-)

Last edited by roo; 09-09-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Hdscott Hdscott is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Haven Ct
Age: 50
Posts: 18
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Color: Grey
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:20
Hdscott is on a distinguished road
Default

I bought my Superchip #3842 last week this is the 3rd time with Error Codes everytime I update to fix 1 error code another 1 comes up i'm on the 3rd error code if it wasn't for Superchips Tech Support I would have returned it already. I was warned to not buy their Tuner. I guess I had to learn the hard way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum