DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
FromFordtoRAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
It sux when you right a detailed reply and after submitting it's MIA...

I don't suppose that frustration has worn off yet?? I'm very much looking forward to your opinion! Although seeing as it should be arriving on your doorstep tomorrow, I guess I can wait!! BTW, what's your address again????!!
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2012, 07:00 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Haha...

Yeah, I decided to leave it until I get the product today, install it, snap some pictures and drive it around for a day or two and get a "feel" for it.

Part of the reason I held off replying was I cannot seem to open up the link on the S&B page to the scoop's installation instructions [I still cannot]. Thereby, I have no idea of your earlier comments about the water warning or it's exact appearence; as it's somewhat difficult to tell from the few pictures on the main page of the Scoop.

I'll post some pictures of it free-standing later today upon delivery.

Grub out!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Haha...

Yeah, I decided to leave it until I get the product today, install it, snap some pictures and drive it around for a day or two and get a "feel" for it.

Part of the reason I held off replying was I cannot seem to open up the link on the S&B page to the scoop's installation instructions [I still cannot]. Thereby, I have no idea of your earlier comments about the water warning or it's exact appearence; as it's somewhat difficult to tell from the few pictures on the main page of the Scoop.

I'll post some pictures of it free-standing later today upon delivery.
http://www.sbfilters.com/core/media/...b1f1d5b860a240

I copied the link to the instructions here. Hopefully it worked!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 PM

Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I see it now.

I now know exactly what your water concerns are based on the printed remarks; and my initial impresions are like yours. The S&B Scoop is also not what I expected it too look like; as I also expected a flanged type lip that curves out from under the front bumper skirt to [really] suck in the air.

In saying that, the water issue would probably be far more evident/present and a bigger issue had the Scoop looked the way we both hoped/imagined.... ?

I'm sure the crew at S&B Filters had their reasons and once I've completed my installation, I'll be sure to ask them the reasoning.

I'll reserve my complete detailed opinion for when the product arrives and I've played around and installed it.

Grub out!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 PM

Below's some pics of the Scoop.

I hope to have it installed, driven some mileage and reviewed by the week's end.

Grub out!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:35 PM

Just a couple more that didn't link into the above post....

Grub out!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM

What is the hole in the front???
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM

No idea - that struck me immediately too - but I'll know in the next 24HRS or so.

It's raining and nasty where I am and the garage has office furniture in it so I can't find a covered space to plug and play.

It's expected to start clearing in the next 24-36HRS so I'll get into it then.

Grub out!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM

Okay, it bugged me so I went out and under the truck in the wet.

If you look down into your engine compartment from the top, right next to where the S&B Intake mouth drops, you'll see a OEM braket sticking out. The slit in the Scoop's face is made to house this bracket. Picture 8 on the installation link your provided earlier shows what I'm speaking of.

For chits-n-giggle, I gently pushed the Scoop up into the intake's drop mouth and it slid in without any issues.

Judging by that, I'm guessing it's probably about a 20min or so install at best.

I'll attempt it when the weather clears.

Grub out!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 PM

I knew you couldn't let it go!!! Thanks for lookin!! I really can't wait until you instal it. I've put a hold on ordering mine because I WANT HEADERS. In reality, I'll probably break down and by the scoop first!