DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 08 hemi ram
Rep:10
coolblue2u is on a distinguished road
Default s@b

ok heres an update, dont waste your time with anything under the lid it still resonates just less.its the sound of the filter just resonating enough to vibrate something in the truck ,track down the vibration or insulate the box.in my case it was the the plastic door panel i had my son track it down while i drove .just resonates enough at certain rpms to set it off good , sounded like it was coming from the dash but put a baby blanket in the storage compartment of the door and that was 90 percent of the vibration. now i can see my filter again lol.i like the intake but think it would be just that much better in my case with a thin layer of insulating material in the box . im sure all trucks differ though ,im keeping it. with my diablo tuner on 91 octane it performes great...
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
jgregg6 is on a distinguished road

Hey Grub thanks for the thorough review of this CAI. I just ordered mine last night and I feel really confident that I made the right choice and can't wait to get it. Now the tuner hunt begins!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregg6 View Post
Hey Grub thanks for the thorough review of this CAI. I just ordered mine last night and I feel really confident that I made the right choice and can't wait to get it. Now the tuner hunt begins!
No problem.

You'll be as happy as the rest of us owners are.

Congratulations on your [fine] choice.

Grub out!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Jay C is on a distinguished road
Default awsome review

I searched every where for a cai and couldnt decide on what I wanted. I read this review and It made my decision a lot easier. Placed my order today, thanks man.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 reg cab 4x2
Trim Level: reg cab express
Color: black
kidmoro is on a distinguished road
Talking great write up

awesome review! thanks to you, this will be my first mod! should be getting it in 2 days!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

also i think s&b should give you some sort of commish! you have done them a great favor with your review
Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

No, no commission.

I just enjoy getting quality products' name out there.

Call it a labor of love.

Thank you for the kind words.

Give us an update when you get yours installed.

Safe driving.

Grub out!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: express
Color: mineral grey
rammedifiknow is on a distinguished road
Default S & B - nuff said

i have used the S & B products on three different trucks. two diesels and my new 2012. love their products. fit and finish imo is second to none. i noticed the difference everytime i installed one. not crazy pin back in your seat power, but great sound, a lil more pedal feel. the only other CAI i had considered was the vararam, which is probably the best for performance, but all in all i think S&B makes a great piece. i have the dry filter. planning on getting the intake scoop and filter wrap as well.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

Sold me, just orderd mine with scoop. Now to sell this one to recover some money... http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...artno=54-11632
Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

so expected delivery on mine was monday..now thats just too long to wait. so, i realized the s&b is only a 45 min drive away. i called and picked it up myself today. i have very limited mechanical skills when it comes to cars and trucks, but it took me about 2 hours from start to finish to install this baby. you are absolutely right on the instructions. they give you beautiful step by step directions, that yes, even a caveman can do it. actuall the hardest part for me was taking out those darn push pins.
i was not able to take an extended ride as i had to head directly to work, but the short commute that i had, i noticed a drastic change in sound and response. not to mention just how pretty she looks. i am in love. i did notice the optional scoop that you can buy for this. did you notice a big difference with the scoop? again thanks for the review!!