DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I give a review on the S&B Scoop starting on page 10 of this thread.

The actual review is reply 104

Grub out!
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Besides the fit/finish of these CAI what else has it done for you guys.... has anyone put it on the dyno to see if there are any gains or have any track proven gains?.....just to many pages to read through to sort out all the good info from the bromancing LOL
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 AM

Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
Besides the fit/finish of these CAI what else has it done for you guys....
It's put a smile on my face & a face on my smile....

I, personally, have no numbers to provide BUT my [fat] butt dyno doesn't lie..... as the rest of the owners will attest to.

BTW, no "bromancing " here; I just don't roll that way. But I'm more disturbed you know the meaning of that word enough to use it.

Grub out!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC
Trim Level: Lone Star
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
agjr85 is on a distinguished road

Is a Volant Intake worth it for $225 w/ power core filter ?
Or a S&B for about 35$ more
Exterior: SRT-10 22's | 305-45-22 Nitto 420s | Sonar LED Tails | Rampage LED Bar | 5K Low & Fogs w/ Canbus Ballasts

Last edited by agjr85; 12-14-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/Silver
Rep:147
TVL will become famous soon enoughTVL will become famous soon enough

Nice write up! S&B should ad a link to this on their webpage!

Hello, my name is Tim and I'm a modaholic.

MODS: 6" RCX Lift, 37"X12.5R20 Trail Grapplers on 20" Moto Metal 962 Black/silver rims, remote tailgate lock, Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, LineX spray-on bed liner, Amp Research Power Step, magnaflow 18" muffler, S&B CAI, Passenger Front Ejection seat, Diablosport Trinity1000 tuned with Hemifever 89 tune, Spyder Projector/HID 8000K/CCFL Halos/LEDs Headlights, Retroshop Projector/HID/8000K/CCFL Halo Fog Lights, Recon LED Smoked Tail Lights & LED Smoked 3rd Brake Light, fully stocked bar w/tap, BT Catch Can, Chrome & Black Mesh studded Grille, HID Reverse Light Kit, customized tailgate badge....more to come!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:02 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Black Pearl
blackram12 is on a distinguished road

Been too long since I been back on the forums. But with a new career change I haven't had time to do a lot of internet surfing. Good to see the scoop is done, going to order mine now. Thanks for the review Grub.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

So I installed the kit today with the scoop option too. Looks great. Fitment was perfect except for one place.The coupler that joins the air box and the tube together is alittle to short. Yes I kept everything a little loose and played around with moving it to make sure it was in the right spot. Included photos. Not happy with the fact I paid over three hundred and have to deal with that.

Any ideas suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121219_115500_resized_1.jpg (124.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 20121219_121345_resized.jpg (124.9 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by LoneWolfNY; 12-19-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:37 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

^^Head to a local auto parts store and find a longer coupler. I have used the Spectre brand in the past, they make very good quality couplers. O'Reilley's sells Spectre. Anyways, I'd send those pics to S&B, maybe they will send you a longer replacement for free.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfNY View Post
So I installed the kit today with the scoop option too. Looks great. Fitment was perfect except for one place.The coupler that joins the air box and the tube together is alittle to short. Yes I kept everything a little loose and played around with moving it to make sure it was in the right spot. Included photos. Not happy with the fact I paid over three hundred and have to deal with that.

Any ideas suggestions?
I've never heard that happening to any of us that have installed the S&B

If you're adamant that your installation is correct, contact S&B Filters via phone and tell them what happened.

Let me know if you need a contact person/name.

Grub out!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

Grubrunner, I was thinking the same thing, why only me. Unfortunately when I went back and looked at your photos I noticed you do have this problem. Check ur photo below. I would guess you had to slightly force pull on it to get as much of it on as you did. I will also assume you have lateral force being applied on the the side of the coupler (the one that attaches the tube to the TB). For me to tug on it to get it fully seated my the tube opening would not be perfectly in line with the TB opening and who's to say it wouldn't eventually slip off are start to leak.

I agree over all they made this very well with fitment and I even got the scoop too and that fits perfect too. But this is totally not acceptable considering this fitment part that doesn't fit right can have, are slowly start allowing, unfiltered air into your motor.

No time right now to contact them and I even ordered the whole thing threw there website. I figured I was going to get a run around so I looked in to a solution and ordered it already.

http://www.donaldson.com/en/engine/s...ary/055474.pdf

Straight rubber hump part# p114317
4 1/2" like theirs but 6" long instead. More them enough room to trim and play with length.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (110.0 KB, 72 views)