DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaray View Post
Anyone know of any S&B dealers in Canada? Hoping for someone in the Toronto area possibly.

Thanks...
No, but does S&B Filters not deliver to Canada?

Grub out!
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2013, 01:28 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:258
Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
How extreme is your off-road endeavors? Mud? Lakes? Rivers? Submerged? Sand?

Have you checked to see if S&B Filters offers a drop-down scoop for your truck's model?
I havent gone off-roading for awhile but it is my daily driver so nothin to serious when i do go... usually just see a mud pit and aim straight for it lol so mostly mud sometimes a few feet of water...

I havent seen any kind of scoop for the s&b but went ahead and bought it today got 15% off so dropped it to $170 which i didnt think was too bad

Does the scoop make a big difference? i like the look of s&b more than the volant plus it was cheaper but what are thoughts of ordering the volant air scoop and mounting it to my new s&b or maybe build a custom scoop for it like many of the threads on here? Any ideas or concerns about this??

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer
Old 09-20-2013, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:197
jaray has a spectacular aura aboutjaray has a spectacular aura about
Default S&B dealer in Canada

Well sure they would, and I regularly ship my stuff to the border which is quite close to me but in this case I'm in the Southern Ontario area soon and its quite common for many online retailers to have their warehouses in the Toronto area.
So it would be prudent to just pick it up on my way by instead of ordering to the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
No, but does S&B Filters not deliver to Canada?
Gibson Cat-back exhaust w/black tips, S&B CAI, MGP caliper covers, Recon LED 3rd brake light, Bilstein 5100's, Daystar 1" rear coil spacers, Weathertech floor liners, Westin Ultimate series bull bar, Dee Zee Tailgate Assist, Mopar T- Handle, Kicker speaker upgrade
Old 09-21-2013, 02:49 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well sure they would, and I regularly ship my stuff to the border which is quite close to me but in this case I'm in the Southern Ontario area soon and its quite common for many online retailers to have their warehouses in the Toronto area.
So it would be prudent to just pick it up on my way by instead of ordering to the border.
There is nowhere in Ontario.. S&B is based out of California but does have a warehouse out of B.C.. I ordered mine from their site and took less then a week for it to be delivered through UPS.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 09-21-2013, 02:54 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred74 View Post
Ok guys sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this since i have an older truck but havent found a thread with the 2nd gen trucks this much in depth about a cai so thought id ask you guys since you have prolly owned older dodges as well. so here i go.. i have a 99 dodge ram 5.9L 360 and was wondering best cai setup? i also have a 3'' body lift so am wondering if this would throw them off by much since they are drop ins, ive heard the tubes can be too short cause of the lift so any suggestions would be great. i hear the volant tube is flexable enough for a body lift but not positive on this. il include pics of all three setups im lookin at.. please help me in my decision

First is based just on cost factor and like the metal tube with red filter:
Spectre at $125 shipped

Then to the inclosed cai's cause they are better but also more $$$
S&b makes one for my truck for $210 vs Volants with air scoop for $250-$300
i take my truck off road every once and a while so would enclosed be better?
i like the looks of the s&b better than volant but like that volant has the air scoop... would it be wise to buy the s&b and drill a whole in bottom and make my own scoop? id prolly also paint the tube so its not the boring black...
Any thoughts???
I would go against a scoop if you offroad due to it sucking up unwanted crap. I have the second intake port for mine with no scoop because it would cause me more problems then good.. My S&B came with a plug that I can put into the second port so when offroading no mud or water comes up it.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:48
C17LoadMaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyone know of any S&B dealers in Canada? Hoping for someone in the Toronto area possibly.

Thanks...
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153332

Check that thread out. I just ordered mine yesterday thanks in part because of this review and the price. Delivered to my place in Quebec for under $220 CDN.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:36 PM

Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
I would go against a scoop if you offroad due to it sucking up unwanted crap. I have the second intake port for mine with no scoop because it would cause me more problems then good.. My S&B came with a plug that I can put into the second port so when offroading no mud or water comes up it.
What if i made it so i could plug it if i knew i was gettin muddy?
Does the scoop make that much difference in sound or mpg gained at highway speeds?? some of the reviews on the similar volant intake people said they didnt like it til they had the scoop mounted and that they noticed better gains with it...

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer
Old 09-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred74 View Post
What if i made it so i could plug it if i knew i was gettin muddy?
Does the scoop make that much difference in sound or mpg gained at highway speeds?? some of the reviews on the similar volant intake people said they didnt like it til they had the scoop mounted and that they noticed better gains with it...
I am sure there would be a bit better gain because the air is getting slammed right into it and getting fed better, but as it seems you are like me and will be driving and rip off the road into a pile of mud at site.. It is not to good for that. The scoop is easily removable for my style.. I beleive just 1 bolt and then the plug can replace it.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
I am sure there would be a bit better gain because the air is getting slammed right into it and getting fed better, but as it seems you are like me and will be driving and rip off the road into a pile of mud at site.. It is not to good for that. The scoop is easily removable for my style.. I beleive just 1 bolt and then the plug can replace it.
well i dont believe they make a scoop for the 2nd gen so it would be something that i would have to make. just tryin to squeeze every last drop of hp or mpg out of her lol but your right.. that mud is just to enticing to give up and man does it give your truck a mean factor when pullin into your local walmart lol

Old 09-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:11
Carnut12 is on a distinguished road

Thanks to this thread I just ordered one, looking forward to getting it!!