DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Justn519 is on a distinguished road

so today dealer calls says that everything looks fine didn't throw any codes and starts right up, of course it will not do it for them...very frustrating when they can't tell what the problem is
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

OK I dont wanna thread jack but here is the link to mine...same problem on my 2012 Express. I have lost 10 days already of use with this issue and it is still in the shop. Good luck.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=113784

Last edited by jacksonsnorth; 07-23-2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: forgot link
Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I just want my awesome truck back, if I cant get her back trouble free then I expect to go another route. Whatever it takes to get me back in the saddle.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonsnorth View Post
I just want my awesome truck back, if I cant get her back trouble free then I expect to go another route. Whatever it takes to get me back in the saddle.

ya definitely sounds like I have the same problem here, I have not tried to contact Chrysler about this issue yet, trying to work with dealership service they have had the truck for 2 days now they say they have looked over everything several times they say they can not duplicate the problem so not sure what to do now. They are going to look at it again in the morning, but i will let you know if anything new happens
Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Black
Rep:10
Riggs is on a distinguished road

Right after I dropped my truck off at the dealer I contacted chrysler and advised them of the problem and how disaponted I was with the truck doing something like this with only 9,100 miles on it. They basicaly said "sorry to hear that, we'll contact the dealler and let you know what we find out. Thanks for the call". So I called about 20 more times over the next 3 days just to make sure they new that I was not happy.

End reslut was the dealer contated me on Monday around 5pm to let me know that they could still not recreat the problem and that they decided to replaced the starter and the exciter cable, and said I should not have any further problems.

I was not able to pick the truck up until today (7/24) so I have only had it for a few hours, but no problems so far. I will let you know if anything chages.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

They still have my truck, been since last Thursday and still nothing resolved. I called Chrysler and they gave me a case number and said they will be in touch. I went in to grab something out of my truck and it was on the lift, hood up, and stereo set to local station. Seems it is being used for entertainment since they cant find out whats wrong and are still waiting for the STARS call or whaever they call it, from the Chrysler engineers. I am disappointed to say the least, I am going in tomorrow and tell them I need a truck to haul my trash since I have a Malibu for loaner. I have like 10 bags piled up ...doh...Will keep you posted.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: bright white
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
The E-man is on a distinguished road

I've had my '11 QC for 2 weeks, it's got 28K on the odo.
I got in it the other day and same thing, turned the key and nothing. Not sure if I had any power i.e. a/c or radio cause I shut it off immediately. Turned the key back on and it fired right up. If it happens again, Ill try the neutral thing. Not good but if others have the problem, there's a fix somewhere
Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I tried the shifter move, first thing I thought of was that and to try removing the key and put it back in. Neither of these worked for me, sooo...still waiting on the engineers again...
Old 07-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Ok so I talked to my service guy on the phone today he says they still cant find a problem their computer does not register any codes still and it has started right up after about 30 or so time of trying so.. they say there is not much they can do if they dont duplicate the problem so I go over there to pick it up and get they keys from them and what do you know won't start tried again won't start go grab the service guy to show him and sure enough starts right up so he tries about everything you can think of problem won't seem to happen again....so im lost don't know what else I can do at this point so frustrating for me and the service dept.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justn519 View Post
Ok so I talked to my service guy on the phone today he says they still cant find a problem their computer does not register any codes still and it has started right up after about 30 or so time of trying so.. they say there is not much they can do if they dont duplicate the problem so I go over there to pick it up and get they keys from them and what do you know won't start tried again won't start go grab the service guy to show him and sure enough starts right up so he tries about everything you can think of problem won't seem to happen again....so im lost don't know what else I can do at this point so frustrating for me and the service dept.
I been right where you are, I was lucky enough that it finally died and had to be towed so they could recreate the problem. The problem is, you will be stranded when it happens, and it still wont register any codes, then they will do all the steps they are doing with mine and hopefully mine will have an answer before you reach that stage. I will keep you posted with results to hopefully avoid you being stranded.