DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

Well I just called the loaner dept to let them know my trash is not skunk proof and they have had my truck for 6 days, I need a truck to haul my trash today. Wellllll...working on trying to get you something, call back this afternoon. ....OK ...meantime nothing resolved with service dept on my truck either. So...called the Ram customer service to see why I did not get my call back yesterday like they said I would after they gave me a case number. Well sir, they just got the basket this morning so it will be 1 to 2 business days before they will be able to get back to you. OK..yesterday morning the guy told me after giving me the case number that I would hear from someone within 1 business day. I waited 24 hours, called, and got the answer I got. Awesome...now I am getting upset. I dont really wan to go into a**hole mode here but I am getting close. I am usually patient until it is time for me to go off. I am close to that point now. This is really getting rediculous here. Anyone got any real ideas how this might be handled better than the route they are giving me atm? Thanks for the sounding board.
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Went to pick up the loaner truck and drop off the loaner car, wnet directly over to dealership to check on my truck. Truck was outside, so I find my service guy and ask whats up. He says glad your here, they changed starter relay so your good to go I guess. I said well, I will be amazed since I have read that people have had starter relays, starters, and so on changed out and their trucks are still having this issue. i see on the paperwork that they had a STARS number for the Chrysler Engineers, I memorize it. So I went outside, he said "between you and me, I dont think it is gonna solve your problem. I think it goes deeper than that too." ( I am thinking he really wants to say more but likes his job)..Soooo..we talk a bit and I take off with my truck.
I go to the post office, then i head to the house shut the truck off and load my trash. Wife and grandson jump in, I go to start the truck....Click...It does not start, I try it again...it starts. So now I am hot...and I mean HOT. I call my guy while I am driving to the dump and we discuss it, he says let me put you on with our top guy that is working on your issue. Top Guy gets on the phone and we go back and forth with questions and answers, he asks if I would be willing to try something to help him narrow it down. I said whatever I have to do, I have a week at camp (40 miles of bad road from town) on the 2nd to the 9th and I need to know my truck will start if we have a hurt kid or something. It IS a brand new truck. So he is gonna put a wire somewhere on or near the starter someplace he described, I missed it totally, and run it up where it will be visible from the drivers seat outside the rear of the hood. Top Guy says when the truck goes click if the light is on. it is the starter, if the light is off, it is somewhere before the starter. Soooo.. this saga will be continued. One thing I can say for sure, Chrysler or my dealership will be compensating me for this Bu****it. I stressed to them, I buy new so I wont have these type of issues. I have a Grandson that is disabled, has health issues and he is not gonna live in a bubble. His quality of life is gonna be good, not living so safe he has no joy in his life. We take extra safety pracautions like special helmets, special padding, etc...I will not be held hostage by a truck that cost 30 Grand. Can I hear a hell yeah? Will keep ya posted, wish me luck on this one.

Last edited by jacksonsnorth; 07-25-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 07-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

If it does not get fixed... I would be pursuing the Lemon Law. They would be replacing my truck with a brand new one. Just saying, you would not be the first person to get this done for them. Yes I know there is a warranty, but what good is the warranty, if they idiots don't know what is happening to hundreds of peoples trucks right?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I hear ya..I love my truck, if it gets fixed. If it does not, I will love my new one more because it will start. So, I am all over it. I lost 11 days of use of my truck in the first 5 months for the same issue. I am close to pulling the plug on this truck if something does not give.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I forgot to mention, the banshee (my wife) is hot about this and usually lets me handle things, but she is sounding off big time about this problem and I dont know if I can hold her back if it continues... LOL I might turn her loose.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default starting issue update

Update..the light they hooked up under the hood to tell them which side of the starter the problem was on worked. I went from the house to the bank...did my banking..wnet to the truck, click...no start...click ..no start..the light blinked out when it clicked. ( my phone on speed dial to my dealership, service guy is on the phone) so the service guy tells me that rules out the starter. That told him it was in the system before it gets to the starter I guess. He says try it again, it starts..luckily...I drive it to them few miles away and he hooks the light up in a dif spot (other side of the tippin? something like that for you tech guys) and says drive it, when it does it again see if the light goes out or stays on when it goes click. That will narrow it down further for him and maybe I will get my truck to be worry free in the near future. Only 1 week left until I head for camp..hope they get it fixed asap.
I need some good luck here, night before last some piece of crap cut a bunch of locks and broke into my storage unit up the road and got both my tool boxes and my 3/4 drive ratchet set box, along with whatever they yanked form the surrounding units too. The local PD is on it but we all know if they dont get those boxes back in a couple days that drug addict piece of s**t has already got rid of them. Called Allstate and because it is not at my house it is covered by peril portion of my policy, 1000.00 deductible...goodbye Allstate, thanks for nothing. This saga will be continued.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Gotta run some errands today, wish me luck that I dont end up on the back of a wrecker. Also that I get some results from the test light. Happy trails.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Update and need Electrical system tech advise

OK..so I get a call at 9pm Friday night saying my Mother in law is in an ambulance on the way to the hospital and we are on the road. (hour drive) We get into the truck to drive there and the headlights dont come on, it is always set to auto. I turn the lights to on then back to auto they come on. i shut the truck off and start it again, no problem, the lights come on. So we head to Bangor and are there until 4am this morning. It turns out my Mother in law has ongoing issues with Kidney stones.
4am we get on the highway and set the cruise to 70 and roll towards home. We roll up on the usual multiple car early morning train, you know the ones, bunch of cars and trucks running together so they are not the one to hit a deer at high speed in the early morning hours, or following the next cars taillights because there is the occasional early morning fog and noone wants to slow down. I pull into the passing lane and start passing the group when a couple of them speed up and I have to accelerate to get by on a hill. I push the throttle down some and no response, I push it more, still nothing, I end up having to turn off the cruise to accelerate. I have never seen this before on any vehicle I have had in the past, and it has never done it on this one either. .I engage the cruise after I am well down the road from the group of cars and try to recreate the issue, and I cant.. So i run the rest of the way home.
My first thought is maybe the test wire the Service Tech has installed is messing with the electrical system. It is not a regular tech device, it is one of his own design. My question is to the more tech savvy people here, is it possible that the wire he connected to the "tippin", thats how he pronounced it( looks like a wiring harness to me), be messing with the electrical system. I notice the truck lags a second before engaging the start cycle. This is normal he said because of the light that is attatched stealing some ground or something like that. So any electrical guys here can help me out with a hypothesis. I am concerned about a safety issue due to throttle acceleration issue in cruise. I will not be using the cruise control until I see them Monday when the service dept is open again. In fact I wont be going anywhere htis weekend since grandson is at his other Grammys house. I am stranded again... literally, by my truck. I am interested to see if anyone is familiar with how these involved systems work and is my thinking is correct. If it isnt, then I have a new issue that is not related to my original issue here that I have been posting in 2 areas. thanks all.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default update photos and VIDEO

Ok here are the links to the photos and video showing what I am putting up with. You be the judge.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=113784&page=3
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Default Update!

So I spoke with my Service manager and he tells me he had a long conversation with the engineer rep at Chrysler last night before he left the shop. It seems they both believe that my issue is the TIPM. They are flying one in for my truck and it will be here at noon today. They will have it for 2 hours or so and they assure me, they believe this is my problem. I stressed to him that I will give them this last opportunity to fix this issue, (try number 5), and if it does not work they will be sending it back to Chrysler and I expect a replacement.
Do yo think I am being fair?
I think I have bent over backwards to get this issue fixed and work with them. (Especially considering the homemade wires an lights etc, and driving around doing their diagnostics on a rolling computer diagnostic center that does not work)
Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck, I really hope for my sake, and others with this issue, that this is the fix.