DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
slack3r724 is on a distinguished road
Default Tire Pressure Sensor

I've never had this issue in the past I do a lot of highway driving haven't hit any curbs...but driving down the turnpike one of my Tire Pressure sensors cracked which caused my tire to go flat almost instantly...Tomorrow I'll get it in the shop for a replacement sensor but I can't figure out what would cause this if it hasn't been banged off curbs?

Sorry if this is a re-post I searched and couldn't come across anyone's sensor just snapping
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 DODGE RAM 1500
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:13
07TORAMU is on a distinguished road

Postive u hit nothing? Did it blow out /cut wire? What the damage how bad? I have seen this before on my ranger but want to know how it lookd.get back to be a.s.a.p u can also pm's me.

07toramu
Old 07-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
slack3r724 is on a distinguished road

Just about we were on the turnpike for a while The road wasn't exactly smooth the entire time but no potholes were hit just uneven road. I took it in the sensor was fine it was the housing to the sensor that snapped...the sensor threads were all corroded and slightly stripped. Supposedly it was moving around for a while as the car drove and it cracked due to movement. They also make kits to fix the casing in the event it cracked so I guess it's somehow normal I'm not sure
Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2007 DODGE RAM 1500
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:13
07TORAMU is on a distinguished road

When some thing is loose yea will happend,that with anything.normal no should not break like that (unless it loose) when i am serviceing my customers or my vehicle i over look everything,sometimes all ways best u do it,spend a hour a month just double check and make sure it up to specifications...will save u lots money,,,,,,,,
good luck
Old 07-10-2012, 06:41 PM

Trim Level: Sport Regular Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
mopar09 is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem before with my 09 Ram. Its a problem with the tpms. They are made of plastic and any dirt or road grime such as road salt, dirt, etc... will corrode them and cause them to crack. I was an hour away from home on the interstate when this happened to me. Changing a tire on the side of the interstate is not fun especially when a state trooper pulls up behind you and ask if you need any help and then just stands there and watches you. I took mine to the dealership and they replaced it at no cost. As far as I know it is not a recall but they are well aware of this problem so if you take yours to your local dealership, don't let the hoodoo you around about it. They replaced mine at no cost and said it was covered under warranty for corrosion. They are replacing them with an all black rubber valve stem instead of the gray colored plastic ones. They are ten times better and I haven't had a problem since. Hope this is some helpful info to you and others. I will check and see what I can find as far as a recall on this for you but until then hope this helps.

Good luck and best wishes!

-Justin(mopar09)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by slack3r724 View Post
I've never had this issue in the past I do a lot of highway driving haven't hit any curbs...but driving down the turnpike one of my Tire Pressure sensors cracked which caused my tire to go flat almost instantly...Tomorrow I'll get it in the shop for a replacement sensor but I can't figure out what would cause this if it hasn't been banged off curbs?

Sorry if this is a re-post I searched and couldn't come across anyone's sensor just snapping
dont t know what cause it but maybe you should call the dealer to try to have it warranty
Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
BigTJohn is on a distinguished road
Default Tpms

My TPMS has aluminum stems. Have not seen plastic ones. Main problem I see is when you get an alert it is for a MAJOR pressure drop. I have installed an aftermarket TPMS to the stems and it reads tire temp and press at all times. It can read 22 tires (like I have that many) but it does monitor all the tires on my truck and trailer (8 in all). It saved me from a blow out recently as I had run over a nail, lost 7 psi in a trailer tire and was able to pull of the road, add air and get to a Tire Kingdom for a repair just down the road.