DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
Fstryde03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbovsix View Post
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of in my entire life, period. Vehicles go through some pretty stringent testing for durability in different elements...aw, hell, I can't even believe I began to type a response to this.

Just take it to another dealer asap.
X1000 I've been around cars my whole life and have dealt with dealers from all over that is by far the craziest thing I have ever heard, I'm gonna assume someone figured you were some old lady or a person they could intimidate with a story. Definitely take it up the chain even if it gets fixed there I would still contact corporate with this story!
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2012, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i am thinking you didn't have dodge paint and dealer needed to replace front bumper and is screwing you. bring it to another dealer and then another. then talk to a lawyer and better business burea. this the craziest thing i have ever heard.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:56 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SRT 10
Trim Level: SRT-10 Nightrunner
Color: Black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:26
Canviper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnm100 View Post
If you cannot get any satisfaction from the dealer, and you have a second vehicle or access to one for a few days, I know what I would do. Park your truck in front of the dealer and put a big red flag on it. Then, create a big sign that states what happened to the vehicle, why they won't honour the warranty, and basically let everyone know they should not buy there next vehicle here....That should get their attention quickly!
I agree this is what I would do if no other dealership's listen too you. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you soon.
NIGHTRUNNER #167/#400 MODS: K&N CAI, BBK TB, BORLA EXHAUST catless, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, SCT TUNED By Chris Jensen. My album is finally up come check out some pics.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Now 2012

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Red Pearl
Rep:146
Ram11 will become famous soon enoughRam11 will become famous soon enough

Still no pictures
Factory Fender Flare's... Smoked Rain Guard's... 8,000 Hid'... Zeta Body Side Molding... Painted Pinstripe... Dodge S/S Door Sills... S10 Bed Slide... Ghost Flames... Mopar Tonneau Cover... Mopar High Performance Exhaust... K and N Cold Air Intake...Bilstein 4600 Front Shocks.....Thunder Form enclosure Loaded with 2 10 Kenwood Subs,,
Old 07-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough

Wow I work in a chev dealer bodyshop. We warranty some of the craziest claims cause to us money is money we don't care if it's insurance or warranty. I can't wrap my head around why they would say no. Bugs will etch into the paint for sure if left on but never peel it. We had a guy last week with a CTS that he claimed was peeling. It was very obvious he had a rock chip and took a pressure washer right against it to make it peel. But we warrantied it anyways. Like everyone else said I'd take it to another dealer. Those guys don't deserve your business and don't even seem to want it.

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-15-2012, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike188 View Post
I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this problem. I bought a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 with the painted front and rear bumpers. Within a month of owningthe truck the paint of the front bumper started peeling off in big sheets. It seemed pretty obvious to me that there was some kind of a defect with the paint.

I called Dodge and they told me to take it to a Dodge dealership and have them look at it. I took it to the local dealer and the service department looked at it and took some pictures and told me that it may not be covered by the warranty. I asked them why and they said it was because I got bugs on the paint and that bugs are acidic and that is what caused my paint to peel and therefore more than likely it's just my problem and that I shold try to avoid bugs.

I told him this was the craziest thing I have ever heard of that there is no way I could drive down the road and avoid bugs. I was mad so I drove up to the front lot and asked one of the salesmen to come out and look at it. I explained to him what the service dept had just told me and he was shocked and said that was the craziest thing he had ever heard also. He cols see I was pretty mad so he had the sales manager come out and look at it. The sales manager came out and told me the whole bug theiry was bullshit and that my paint peeling was an abvious defect that should be repaired.

I went into his office and he called back to the service dept and they got into a heted argument about my bumper. Her then called the body shop and asked if my truck could go directly there and just bypass the service dept all together. They informed him that everything has to go through the service dept and then be approved by Dodge to see if they will honor the warranty or not. I guess this is something new.

They said the best that I could expect was a call from Dodge within a couple days. That was a few weeks ago and they haven't called me. I have called them a few times trying to get an answer and they won't give me one or return my calls.

It's starting to look like I'm stuck with severely peeling paint because I got bugs on the truck. Has anyone else had this problem?
well my front bumper paint is also peeling off, my truck is a 2009 and when i went to the dealership it had 3years and one week old and they say its not warranty, its only covered for 3 years. so i guess im stuck with this front bumper paint peeling of,

let me tell you its the first and last dodge product im buying..

ive call chrysler directly to complain and ask that they revise their decision, by telling them that my truck cost 54000$ and it wasent normal for this to happen and that id they didnt fix it i would never buy a other dodge vehicule again and they reply that they wont fix it,

last week i was looking into getting a 2012 grand cherokee srt8 as a 2nd car but i guess ill look into someting else
Old 07-15-2012, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

Well go hit a GM dealer and pick up a Caddy CTS V. They come on 2 and 4 door and even a wagon.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
Well go hit a GM dealer and pick up a Caddy CTS V. They come on 2 and 4 door and even a wagon.
they are very nice,. and the engine
Old 07-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough

lol cause GM doesn't peel...

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-18-2012, 03:46 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

hope op follows up and keeps us posted on how chrysler handles this.