DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:24
DEEPFADE is on a distinguished road
Default Headliner problems

Yesterday I picked up my truck from the local audio store. While we were going over everything that I had done we talked about putting JL 3.5 C2's in the headliner. Then I noticed that the headliner was sagging. They suggested I head down to the dealer to have them take a look at it. So I get down there and they tell me that they will need my truck all day, at least 8 hours. So my question is does anyone know what holds up the headliner? double sided tape, glue?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge ram
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
slikkwilly002 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the saggy headliner club!! kinda like the over 40 saggy breasts club lol... No, but really... My 11' Ram has that problem, along with my roomate's 11' and his brother's has the same issue. I was messing around with it the other day and if you have a sunroof (which all of ours does, so I'm assuming you do too since you're having these issues) if you pull down the headliner just a little bit to see in looking towards the back of the truck, and also on the sides... you'll see there are those hard plastic style velcro locks that hold it up all around the sunroof (should even be the same w/o a sunroof, just maybe in a different location). The top velcro square is 3M taped to the bottom of the roof, and the bottom square (non 3M) slides into a little mount on the top side of the headliner. I had one that just the 3m came unglued from the roof, and the other ones were that the velcro came apart and I was able to just push up on the liner really hard to get the teeth to lock back together. Also what I've noticed is that if the velcro just comes apart, usually the bottom velcro square slides out from that mount and just sits up there rattling around. You'll have to slide it back into place and then press up. Honestly not worth taking it in over if that's the same thing you're having. But then again, I'm one of those do it yourself-ers that hates letting people touch my truck, unless its like engine or trans issues lol. If it comes unglued though, I think RadioShack or even your local hardware store carries the same type of velcro and you can just grab a pack from them and stick the new piece back up there. Just make sure you bring the piece that came unglued with you to make sure you get the same teeth pattern. The one thing I actually just realized yesterday is that the reason this is happening (for me at least) is because i keep my sunroof shade open all the time and that keeps excess weight on that area of the headliner, hence it coming undone. I'm starting to keep mine either closed unless my sunroof is open, or closing it half way to keep most of the weight on the tracks it slides on under the sunroof.

Hope this helps! Sorry for the legnthy post.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:24
DEEPFADE is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the reply! I think I'm going to try to fix this on my own rather than bringing it to the dealership. 8 hrs seem unrealistic to be without my vehicle.