DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

I think you nailed it right at the end: "Now or never". I would say regardless of all the details, you guys are young, unattached and if you're not happy with your current situation or location, then Go for it! You sound like a bright enough and motivated guy that you will make it work wherever you land so that might as well be somewhere you like

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2012, 09:23 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if you want some good news, CIP is a great company to work for and they have lots of work in northern BC and Alberta. I work very closely with the CIP paramedic and EMT/firefighter that are on two sites, plus I deal a lot with their medical director and he's a great guy.

Have you looked at the compatability between the provinces for your paramedic designation? I know that BC doesn't recognize a bunch of other province's certifications so you could get caught with that until you write your equivalency tests.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Cheap Canadian Labour

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1817
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Well, if you want some good news, CIP is a great company to work for and they have lots of work in northern BC and Alberta. I work very closely with the CIP paramedic and EMT/firefighter that are on two sites, plus I deal a lot with their medical director and he's a great guy.

Have you looked at the compatability between the provinces for your paramedic designation? I know that BC doesn't recognize a bunch of other province's certifications so you could get caught with that until you write your equivalency tests.
There now you can name Drop!! Kurtis you have a good standing with this guys right? Want to make sure before your name gets used
Old 07-16-2012, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brillant Black
Rep:168
scmedic09 has a spectacular aura aboutscmedic09 has a spectacular aura about

hey kurtis, i have checked into it, and fortunately mine is compatible, just have to write the jurisprudence testing, which i have the info for and have been studying. gonna get my license after the wedding. once i have it, i have it so thats a point to start.

now all provinces are starting to work together, a CMA (canadian medical association) accredited course is good country wide now, all you have to do is the ptovincial policy/procedure and law tests.

damn i new this was the right place to look for info and motivation! you guys are all helping me out alot. making this more and more of a better feeling idea!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Cheap Canadian Labour

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1817
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Glad that we can help!! When you get out here and decide to work in the Oil Patch or in a mine oooh man the money you can get
Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 PM

another little update.. mel (fiancee) has been a little torn between staying and going, but she has finaly decided she is fully onboard too. Shes worried about being far away from the family, but i have convinced her that making better money we can afford to travel home to visit.

also been studying for the jurisprudence exam is going fairly well. everyone at work is asking what im reading, just tell them its random info. Im not one thats big for sharing stuff at work as people are too nosey, and then if something dosent work there are a million questions to answer... but then i come on here and share my life with the whole world, makes sense dosent it
Old 07-18-2012, 10:29 PM
I push the skinny pedal

CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I could give you the more scientific reasoning if you want. It has to do with the north american extrovert ideal conflicting with the introvert exclusion ideal.

The earning potential is a lot better, you have to make sure you pick a living place whos living expenses won't eclipse the income advantage though. Hopefully on your way through you can stop for a sunday night in Calgary and meet some of our local members.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Lol, I could give you the more scientific reasoning if you want. It has to do with the north american extrovert ideal conflicting with the introvert exclusion ideal.

The earning potential is a lot better, you have to make sure you pick a living place whos living expenses won't eclipse the income advantage though. Hopefully on your way through you can stop for a sunday night in Calgary and meet some of our local members.
hahaha, im gonna tell people im reading the north american extrovert ideal conflicting with the introvert exclusion! that will shut'em up till they google it bahahahahah.

Im kinda hoping to meet some members along the way, looking forward to it actually.

now heres the scary thing, my longest running bud, we grew up together, has come up to camp and visit with us this weekend. anyways he had sent me a text, and said he had something to discuss when he got here. turns out hes heading west in the near future also. pretty weird that we had not communicated this, but him and his GF are heading out also, not as far as us, he is heading to calgary area, but we wont be to far apart
Old 07-21-2012, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

SEE! That's cool. Go with the flow -bro!

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 07-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I push the skinny pedal

It's no so scary, the west is where the work is and where they need the people the most.