DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
As it stands right now, the stock tires are about 10 t0 10.5 inches, I want to run something in the order of a 35, BFG All Terrains go to 315 X 12.5 wide, everything else like MT, Cepek, Pro Comp are 35 X 12.5, any way, there is approximately 1/2 inch clearance between the upper A arm and the tire now, and ythats with the 10 inch wide tire, if I want to fit a 35x12.50x17 I am going to have to move the inside of the tire out at least an inch, I'm not a fan of spacers, so that means I need to find a wheel with sufficient negative back spacing, those ATX Artillery's are -10 ofset, so that means there would be a change in offset of 28 to 29 mm, 25 mm is approximately 1 inch, the ATX slabs were -38 offset, so that would mean a change of 57mm which is approximately 2 inches, assuming of course I'm doing the math correctly

-10 mm offset

-38mm offset
Your math is fairly close and accurate
But you still need to factor in the tire to get true width

Stock tires are 10.8" wide. The clearance between tire and control A arm is between 5/8"-3/4"
Regarding aftermarket....
Tires are tires. Tires cannot be moved out....but it can be moved out with a negative offset rim or something less than stock.

Toyo MT's do have a 35x12.5x17 available. (34.8x13.2)

I'll assume that those 17" wheels are 9" wide and use that in the example and using the toyo MT tire above

-10 offset:
You'll be 2mm (0.1") closer to the control arm and you will stick out of the fenders by 58mm (2.3")

-38 offset:
You'll clear the control arm and have much more space than stock wheels but you will stick out of the fenders by 86mm (3.4")

Either way, you have the pocketflares so you'll need to find out how far you want the wheels to stick out to either be flush with the fenders, tucked in or further out.
Either wheels should be ok.
I believe you're leveled....can't recall.

Hope this helps.

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

sales@bullysperformance.com

Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:161
TimW has a spectacular aura aboutTimW has a spectacular aura about

Hey Fast, don't know if you saw it but I sent you a pm about the flares
Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Hey Fast, don't know if you saw it but I sent you a pm about the flares
Yup! Got it and responded.
Thought I would respond to your thread first

click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here

Old 07-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

those atx slabs would give you a nice wide stance man....
Old 07-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
those atx slabs would give you a nice wide stance man....
True....but IMO, they look like they are for diesel trucks/2500/3500 or tow trucks
Just my opinion....

Old 07-25-2012, 03:46 PM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
True....but IMO, they look like they are for diesel trucks/2500/3500 or tow trucks
Just my opinion....
hehe that's why I wanted em!

.......until I saw the price tag!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
hehe that's why I wanted em!

.......until I saw the price tag!
LOL! Are they that bad?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 PM

yea... 402 $ for a 17x9

I'm sure they can be found cheaper but that's steep for me.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:161
TimW has a spectacular aura aboutTimW has a spectacular aura about

Aw come on, They are on ebay for $1,568.50, thats only $392.13, and when I spoke to them they were going to throw in a set of new wheel nuts, gotta be worth 30 bucks, hell that brings the price down to $384.63, hell they are practically giving them away
Old 07-25-2012, 06:26 PM

see he found em cheaper! lol