DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #951  
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 AM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 18,081
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Well Maggie's here, with the Y pipe, might be a weekend project
Sweet! Hope you like it as much as I like mine
__________________


click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here


sales@bullysperformance.com

Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #952  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 PM
TimW's Avatar
TimW TimW is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Erie On Canada
Posts: 894
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:161
TimW has a spectacular aura aboutTimW has a spectacular aura about
Default

So much for trying to get any work done on the truck this weekend, everytime I settled in to do something the dam pager went off, managed to order a bunch of stuff though, and tomorrow I have a bunch of stuff going out to be worked on, I can't believe how big that list is
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 AM
Bully's Performance's Avatar
Bully's Performance Bully's Performance is offline
BULLYS PERFORMANCE


 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: lathrop
Posts: 10,090
Gender: Male
Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
So much for trying to get any work done on the truck this weekend, everytime I settled in to do something the dam pager went off, managed to order a bunch of stuff though, and tomorrow I have a bunch of stuff going out to be worked on, I can't believe how big that list is
I understand on the list of stuff that has been done and that needs to be done to the truck, lol I have got a pretty big list on our company truck as well

Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 18,081
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
So much for trying to get any work done on the truck this weekend, everytime I settled in to do something the dam pager went off, managed to order a bunch of stuff though, and tomorrow I have a bunch of stuff going out to be worked on, I can't believe how big that list is
Stop making the list sooo big
__________________


click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here


sales@bullysperformance.com


Last edited by fastNugly @ BP; 01-28-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Bully's Performance's Avatar
Bully's Performance Bully's Performance is offline
BULLYS PERFORMANCE


 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: lathrop
Posts: 10,090
Gender: Male
Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Stop making it sooo big
I would have to disagree raise it even more

only joking much taller you may have issues go to town

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:47 PM
TimW's Avatar
TimW TimW is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Erie On Canada
Posts: 894
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:161
TimW has a spectacular aura aboutTimW has a spectacular aura about
Default

I swear if I ever get the bright idea to do this again, somebody slap me in the back of the head and tell me to just send the wheels back and find a different set, as most of you know I have been searching for 7/16 x 5/16 long button head bolts for my wheels, well this is the best I could do



but they were too long, not polished and I didn't really think the matched what I had in my fender flares, so I decided to do one more search, after speaking to several suppliers i was directed to Cold Headers in Chicago, and sure enough look what I found 7/16 by 1/2 inch long button heads,



but once again they were too long, I had to get rid of 3/16th's of and inch, not something easily done with such an already short bolt, so here's what i came up with, I had some scrap 5/16 plate in the garage, so I figured all I have to do is drill and thread some holes, put the bolts in and zip off what sticks out, works perfectly, but what a PITA, drilling 51 holes, actually 153 if you factor in the holes had to be drilled in stages, then I had to tap 51 holes










Finally they fit properly, I just need to pick up a couple more zip wheels and I'm done, but like I said, if I come up with another bright idea, please, somebody stop me
Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Bully's Performance's Avatar
Bully's Performance Bully's Performance is offline
BULLYS PERFORMANCE


 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: lathrop
Posts: 10,090
Gender: Male
Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
I swear if I ever get the bright idea to do this again, somebody slap me in the back of the head and tell me to just send the wheels back and find a different set, as most of you know I have been searching for 7/16 x 5/16 long button head bolts for my wheels, well this is the best I could do



but they were too long, not polished and I didn't really think the matched what I had in my fender flares, so I decided to do one more search, after speaking to several suppliers i was directed to Cold Headers in Chicago, and sure enough look what I found 7/16 by 1/2 inch long button heads,



but once again they were too long, I had to get rid of 3/16th's of and inch, not something easily done with such an already short bolt, so here's what i came up with, I had some scrap 5/16 plate in the garage, so I figured all I have to do is drill and thread some holes, put the bolts in and zip off what sticks out, works perfectly, but what a PITA, drilling 51 holes, actually 153 if you factor in the holes had to be drilled in stages, then I had to tap 51 holes










Finally they fit properly, I just need to pick up a couple more zip wheels and I'm done, but like I said, if I come up with another bright idea, please, somebody stop me
Nicely done, however am i missing something what was the purpose of the bolts?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 18,081
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Holy crap Tim!
Forget about all that work you did which is crazy and I give you reps, but to have all those tools and material sitting around in your home?

Either way, this whole project has impressed me

With regards to a slap behind your head....I can do that for you with your long list of mods

__________________


click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here


sales@bullysperformance.com

Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:05 AM
TimW's Avatar
TimW TimW is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Erie On Canada
Posts: 894
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:161
TimW has a spectacular aura aboutTimW has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
Nicely done, however am i missing something what was the purpose of the bolts?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
Way back I ordered my wheels, American Racing ATX Artillery black, I dropped them off at my tire guy, he called and said you better get over here and look at these wheels, they were grey, not black but freaking grey, AR says its Duponts fault because that is their black. I had a choice spend 250 to send them back, or 300 to have them poser coated black, I decided to powder coat, but in order to do that I had to remove the silly chrome plastic bolts, doing that though ruined them, so I decided to tap the holes and put in stainless cap bolts, only I didn't think it would be such an ordeal to find the right bolts, so it looks like my wheels will be finished
Reply With Quote
  #960  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Bully's Performance's Avatar
Bully's Performance Bully's Performance is offline
BULLYS PERFORMANCE


 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: lathrop
Posts: 10,090
Gender: Male
Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Way back I ordered my wheels, American Racing ATX Artillery black, I dropped them off at my tire guy, he called and said you better get over here and look at these wheels, they were grey, not black but freaking grey, AR says its Duponts fault because that is their black. I had a choice spend 250 to send them back, or 300 to have them poser coated black, I decided to powder coat, but in order to do that I had to remove the silly chrome plastic bolts, doing that though ruined them, so I decided to tap the holes and put in stainless cap bolts, only I didn't think it would be such an ordeal to find the right bolts, so it looks like my wheels will be finished
what a mess, I am glad you got it all figured out though

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors