DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 2500
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:26
Moose612 is on a distinguished road
Angry A few problems

So I've run into a few problems with my Ram. She sits at 7200 miles. the front wheel well liners are falling apart. (not the only time i've seen this on a ram) For whatever reason the plastic they decided to go with is just utter crap. very flimsy. Secondly there is a click in my steering wheel when it moves. Third my brakes seem weird, soft, like I have to press harder to get them to work right. I'm dropping it off at the dealership on thursday then I'm off to the field for a month to do some good army training then hopefully all will be well.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I have that same tick in my steering, seems to get louder as you drive longer distances. Was gonna see about that if anyone else had this, Figured I had just not heard it before. As for the wheel well liners up front, I have to agree, they are flimsy and they are like attached with nothing to hold them there. Was gonna look to see if there was a way to get them attached better when time permits, as for the breaks, no issues yet there. Give us a heads up when you get back and get your truck what they say. Safe trip out there in training.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sage Green Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:496
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

I got the same issue with the clicking in the steering, also have a suspension squeek in the front end. And I already had taken it back to the dealer due to a shit battery and it wouldn't start one day but I got a nice mopar one now so its all good.. Other then that all is good and love my truck. Has 10 000miles on the clock
Old 07-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 4x4 Bighorn
Trim Level: slt
Color: red
Rep:10
ShotCaller is on a distinguished road

I had the 'soft brake' feeling too. I took it back to the dealer and they said it is normal. If you keep pushing the pedal after stopping, it goes all the way to the floor. They said the ABS system returns excess pressure back into the system. Dont know if its BS or not. Just know it still feels softer than when I bought it. It has 5000 miles on it...Its the first truck I had that the pedal goes all the way to the floor ..and I had alot of trucks...

Last edited by ShotCaller; 07-24-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Big Horn 1500 4WD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Red
superdlb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotCaller View Post
I had the 'soft brake' feeling too. I took it back to the dealer and they said it is normal. If you keep pushing the pedal after stopping, it goes all the way to the floor. They said the ABS system returns excess pressure back into the system. Dont know if its BS or not. Just know it still feels softer than when I bought it. It has 5000 miles on it...Its the first truck I had that the pedal goes all the way to the floor ..and I had alot of trucks...
They are feeding you some B/S its is never normal for a brake pedal to go all the way to the floor. Most dealers just don't want to do any warranty work so their common response is that it is normal. Chrysler is the worst I have ever dealt with about warranty work. You will have to put on your boxing gloves.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:143
Edokdyshi will become famous soon enoughEdokdyshi will become famous soon enough

i think its just really dealer specific as far as the warranty work. I had an electrical issue with mine and my dealer worked with me thru the whole thing. they actually put time and effort into calling several different resources to find the issue. Some dealers are good, some are not, simple answer.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 ram sport
Trim Level: Luxury sport group
Color: black
sergiomomesso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edokdyshi View Post
i think its just really dealer specific as far as the warranty work. I had an electrical issue with mine and my dealer worked with me thru the whole thing. they actually put time and effort into calling several different resources to find the issue. Some dealers are good, some are not, simple answer.
So true. Trying to find a dealership with a top notch service manager is tough. And then there are the service techs who are all on flat rate and are looking to cut corners on their jobs to make as much money as possible in an 8 hour day. Diagnosing warranty problems are the last thing a mechanic wants to do. And to top it off the service department does not get paid top dollar for warranty work. So all in all , they do not want to spend the time and money on warranty work and all they want to do is to get you out of there asap. Unless you are lucky to have a service manager like the guy above.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Larime Limited 4X4
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:50
MTPete will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotCaller View Post
Hey Shotcaller,
It's been 2 months, what happened? Just FYI, my brake pedal is hard as a rock, and when I just lay my foot on it my truck stops... Now! Spongy brakes usually mean air in the line and going all the way to the floor - law suit in the making. Any dealer would be nuts to ignore a problem like this.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 4X2 1500 QUAD CAB
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:57
davem2421 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPete View Post
Hey Shotcaller,
It's been 2 months, what happened? Just FYI, my brake pedal is hard as a rock, and when I just lay my foot on it my truck stops... Now! Spongy brakes usually mean air in the line and going all the way to the floor - law suit in the making. Any dealer would be nuts to ignore a problem like this.

actually it's been a one yr and 2 months since he last posted. I am curious too but I doubt we'll get answer.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red
bjc24v is on a distinguished road

I also had the click in the steering wheel, the dealer had to replace the steering shaft and that fixed it right up. Hopefully they can do their jobs and fix your trucks.