DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Ram R/T

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram R/T
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
millertime.rt is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 2012 R/T 22 inch rim deformed from the factory!!???

Hi guys, I am new to the forum here. Actually, new to Mopar and Dodge. I really love my new 2012 white R/T Ram. It's a sweet machine to say the least!! However I noticed at about 72 mph I have some vibrations like the tires aren't quite balanced right.

To make a long story short.... I went to pick up my truck today from the dealer I bought it from after telling them what was wrong and them having it for a day. The guy in the service department told me I have an "OB LONG WHEEL". Also, ALL of the tires where out of balance. They will be swapping me out for a new wheel soon. BTW, those wheels are $1400 a piece. Thank goodness for factory warranty.

Has anyone experienced anything like this??? I was pretty let down as this is my first brand new vehicle and was only expecting routine maintenance for quite some time after driving it off the lot.

Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime.rt View Post
Hi guys, I am new to the forum here. Actually, new to Mopar and Dodge. I really love my new 2012 white R/T Ram. It's a sweet machine to say the least!! However I noticed at about 72 mph I have some vibrations like the tires aren't quite balanced right.

To make a long story short.... I went to pick up my truck today from the dealer I bought it from after telling them what was wrong and them having it for a day. The guy in the service department told me I have an "OB LONG WHEEL". Also, ALL of the tires where out of balance. They will be swapping me out for a new wheel soon. BTW, those wheels are $1400 a piece. Thank goodness for factory warranty.

Has anyone experienced anything like this??? I was pretty let down as this is my first brand new vehicle and was only expecting routine maintenance for quite some time after driving it off the lot.

Thanks.

Hence why i hate those rims had a problem with mine when i got them to 60-70 it felt like godzilla was shaking my truck got them fixed then sold them lol

Last edited by dodgert; 07-25-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
Mate2011RT will become famous soon enough

Some defects are bound to show up here and there, I reckin'.
Glad you got it sorted out early and under warranty!

Can't say that I have had a problem with mine, so hoping yours will be all up to fighting trim now.
Don't let it get you down - a few mis-steps are pretty common in all manufacturing these days; that is what that warranty is all about. Can happen on a rebuild, a fix-up, a screw up, or just out of the blue - go for a quick spin around the block and you'll feel better
Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default Ob long wheel

Dodgert - That sucks, but those rims you replaced them with look sweet!

Mate - Thanks for the uplifting haha. I hope that after I get my new wheel tomorrow things are back to the way I expected. I can then move on to ordering my new AFE stage 2 intake and think about some possible magnaflow action.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime.rt View Post

Thanks.
This part in bold is a typo, correct?

Grub out!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 PM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
This part in bold is a typo, correct?
no they are that much from the dealer but you can get them else where way cheaper i see sets all the time for the rims and tires for 2100-2800 hell sold mine for 2800 paid 2500 for new rims and tires lol. Dont know why everyone wants them ask me they suck the scratch way to easy and get dirty way to fast and after a few years will turn a dullish grey if not cleaned all the time
Old 07-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default The saga continues

Ok so they swapped me out a wheel off of another R/T on the lot. They balanced all the tires and with the different wheel about 50% of the vibration is gone. However there is STILL some vibration at about 73-75 mph. Unbelievable. This sucks. I guess I'll go back for the third time in a week and a half and hold my breath in hopes of someone figuring something out.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 PM

Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
no they are that much from the dealer but you can get them else where way cheaper i see sets all the time for the rims and tires for 2100-2800 hell sold mine for 2800 paid 2500 for new rims and tires lol. Dont know why everyone wants them ask me they suck the scratch way to easy and get dirty way to fast and after a few years will turn a dullish grey if not cleaned all the time
$1400.00 a piece for shoes that are not wrapped in rubber?

Then that, sir, is bordering on idiocy.

One of the most absurd things I've ever heard!

I love the 22" RT shoes but you'd have to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic to pay just shy of 6K for wheels without tires.

I certainly can't afford it..... more power to you if you can.

Grub out!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 PM

Just for the record....

Who sells them cheaper? I've looked on eBay but don't see any.

...???

Grub out!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 PM

look around all over like i said on the forums have seen alot of sets go for 2100-2800 with tires and tps just got to search search and search could of had mine for 2800 thats way cheaper i would not buy shit from a dealer they mark shit up just because it says mopar. look at the cai mopar=650 k&n= 300 same cai