DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Other Vehicle Discussion

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:23
Dodge Boy13 is on a distinguished road
Default what happens when cops dont pay attention..

so the beginning of the week the girlfriend her family and i were down in point pleasant beach nj and as were making a left into a parking lot we get blasted from behind...it was a cop...there were 4 cops in an expedition and he clearly was not paying attention..thank god no one was hurt but i found this funny..cop car.jpg
their bumper was destroyed and they had to get towed..and as for our chevy tahoe..there was a small dent..coulnt even tell the difference!!

chevy 1..ford 0
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2012, 01:15 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

THAT IS AWESOME! !!!!!!!!!!!

does just prove though that everyone is human and makes mistakes, although I'm sure he will get a "administration leave of absence" as punishment for not being aware of his surroundings.

glad everyone is OK. great story man lol
Old 07-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Opps! He will definitely get a ribbing at work for a very long time.

Glad everyone is OK and you have a good story with pics to tell to your grand children.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 07-27-2012, 08:01 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
CaptJon is on a distinguished road

In my city they would have all jumped out and started shooting then plant several weapons and claimed you shot at them during an agressive left turn.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Has Internet Tourettes

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Rep:1694
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Did you write them any tickets? You know..careless driving, assault with a deadly weapon?

I'm really surprised he didn't issue a ticket to cover his butt his fault or not. Most cops here in NJ really just don't care. They'll write YOU the ticket and tell you to prove it in court.

It's not like they'd suffer any repercussions for doing it, tickets are dismissed all the time...which goes to prove the point, every ticket dismissed should be a point against them. However, for some reason, the prosecutors seem to believe that every word they say is etched in stone, and never consider the hundreds of mistakes that can be proven if there was a record kept of tickets/charges written.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:08 AM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

that's because there actually are good cops (WOW!!) out there that do the right thing, even when its not the easy way. I actually have respect for this Guy that rearended you, he took credit for his mistake when he could have easily muttered "they had a taillight out" and issued a ticket attached to the accident report.

side note, drew I love your avatar! haha
Old 07-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Rep:1694
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
that's because there actually are good cops (WOW!!) out there that do the right thing, even when its not the easy way. I actually have respect for this Guy that rearended you, he took credit for his mistake when he could have easily muttered "they had a taillight out" and issued a ticket attached to the accident report.

side note, drew I love your avatar! haha
I'm not saying that all cops are (outwardly) bad, but they do make mistakes. For the reasons I stated before...but I have the inane feeling that they just aren't as forgiving as the general public.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:33 PM

yea that's true, they are in the business of potentially making someones day very sour, and it isn't hard for them to do. its easy to get power hungry/happy and abuse it, or corrupt it. a buddy of mine back home, local cop, got a dui. he figured he was safe because it was his area and he knew who was working.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:01 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: Intense Blue
Rep:23
Dodge Boy13 is on a distinguished road

the next night we saw them walking down the street on foot....somebody was in trouble..
Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 AM

hahaha foot patrol! now that's a fitting punishment. can't drive attentively then.you'll walk.