DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Movies And Entertainment

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Forest Green
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:67
Race1Mopar will become famous soon enough
Default Saturday was a nice day to get out and drive, ride or just be outside

Saturday was a nice day to get out and drive, ride or just be outside. I hope everyone got a chance to get out and have a little fun!

Joe

This is part of my ride up 1431 towards Marble Falls
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2012, 12:27 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Cool, what bike do you ride? You appear to be a good (and safe) rider

Unfortunately I was doing yard work while you were out enjoying yourself. My bike's been apart since december, I'm thinking I'll be able to ride it again come sunday !!!

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 PM

Thanks Sean!
I ride an '01 Honda Goldwing, GL1800 (97k miles on her ticker). Grew up on sport bikes (Well mini bikes at 5 hahaha, then kept moving up) and never thought I'd own a big bike until my friend came over on his GL1800. The wife likes the comfort. I like that I can still get out and run the twisties. Although it's not my old GSXR it's very flick'able and seams to lose all it's weight between 5 and 10 mph. All around great bike.

I did that yard work during the week so I could get out. Was so excited to go I woke up at 4, 5, 6am and then just got ready and went! I hope you get her together for that ride this Sunday. Nothing like a little liquid sunshine on two wheels to start your spring.

Joe
Old 03-26-2012, 01:05 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Very cool. Yeah that's the drawback to a sport bike is the rear seat is pretty much aesthetic only, no function. My wife won't ride with me anymore for more than 30 minutes(we both get uncomfortable very fast riding two up). I don't even keep the rear pegs on the bike anymore...

Old 03-26-2012, 02:45 PM

Yea mine wouldn't even get on the other bike. She rarely gets on this one but when she does at least she's comfortable. This may sound crazy... but I forget how big the bike is when riding. Trust me... neeeeva... eeva eeva eeva ride one unless you plan on buying one. I was so dead set against them. I mean really "Oh I'd never own one of those" until I rode one then it sold me in a 15 minute ride. Bought one before the day was out.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM

Don't worry about me lol, I can't stand when I ride my dad's road king or my brother's victory(not sure the model but it's the giant one with stereo and cup holders and such). I just like to have a small, light bike. I think I'll probably keep my buell for the long haul, especially since they don't make them anymore. I may try to pick up a new EBR model once they release them, but other than that I'll ride this and rebuild it as needed, it's a very fun bike on the street. I personally don't think any cruiser is more comfortable than my bike (I won't say all sport bikes, some are crazy uncomfortable). But I know I am honestly more comfortable on my buell than my dad's road king, my brother's victory, or his sporty. I can ride all day on mine nonstop, I have to stop on their bikes.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 PM

I hear you. I rode a lot of friends cruisers and just didn't like how they handled or felt. I thought I was a sport bike guy for life, lol. Now I have options! and yea hold on to that buell. That's a great bike. Probably the shortest wheel base bike i ever rode and it was a ton of fun! The Wing is the only big bike I think I could ride long term.
Joe
Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 AM

Yeah it's funny all my friends that had sport bike's either sold them or moved, so now I only have cruisers to ride with. So we hit the road and it's one of the best handling bike's made along side some of the worst(road king, vrod, etc.) on the long straight roads of central florida.....I don't fit in lol. I still ride with my father in law quite often though, he has a sv1000. He's probably the best rider I know, and he's lived in the area forever so knows the good roads.

Honda makes great bikes, my dad's neighbor has a huge honda cruiser, not sure the name but I think it's 1800cc and that thing is a beast lol.

Quote:
Probably the shortest wheel base bike i ever rode and it was a ton of fun!
I cant put it in my 6' bed straight and shut the tailgate