DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension

Notices

Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension TLC™ is the patented air suspension for that solves the problems hauling or towing heavy loads with coil springs. Fits all 2009-14 RAM 1500 including Ecodiesel and just introduced for 2014 RAM 2500! No modification required; keep the coil springs. TLC also makes units for 02-13 RAM 2500 & 02-14 RAM 3500 with leaf springs. TLC adds over 5,000 lbs of lifting power to level any load or tow with the largest air springs on any full-size pickup – 9” Goodyear® dual bellows. Your truck will be safer, handle better and go faster around curves. TLC doesn’t interfere with the factory ride. You’ve never experienced the power of air bags until you try Total Load Control™. Easy to install; no drilling; fits leveled & body lifted trucks. We introduced TLC on the Z and have many happy Z customers. Get Total Load Control Today!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Rollin Coal!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500 CTD Crew Cab
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:20
scuba0331 is on a distinguished road
Default Rubber pads

I've been chasing a metal on metal noise for a while. I thought it was the running board brackets rubbing on the rockers. Well it wasn't that.

I found out the rubber pads on the bottom of the air bags were missing. I've probably had the bags installed for about 9 months.

I fixed the problem by installing a round piece of Dynamat on the bottom of the bag in place of the missing piece of rubber. I also put a piece of Dynamat on the platform that is attached to the rear end that the bag makes contact with when inflated. I made a card board template for that and traced onto the Dynamat.

So if you're chasing an annoying squeak check for the missing rubber pads!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:41 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba0331 View Post
I've been chasing a metal on metal noise for a while. I thought it was the running board brackets rubbing on the rockers. Well it wasn't that.

I found out the rubber pads on the bottom of the air bags were missing. I've probably had the bags installed for about 9 months.

I fixed the problem by installing a round piece of Dynamat on the bottom of the bag in place of the missing piece of rubber. I also put a piece of Dynamat on the platform that is attached to the rear end that the bag makes contact with when inflated. I made a card board template for that and traced onto the Dynamat.

So if you're chasing an annoying squeak check for the missing rubber pads!
Great info and nice fix, scuba. Thanks for posting!