DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: hunter green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
sylster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sylster
Default Headlights

So I've been driving this 2010 SLT loaner for a bout 10 days now and all I can say is I can't wait to get me Sport crew.....

I do have one concern though....man those headlights are PITIFUL! I can barely see at night....the High beams aren't that much better either. Aside from changing the housing...has anyone had any success with brighter bulbs?

Sylster
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2011, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

yea alot of people swapp out the stock bulbs for H.I.D's and i am one of them because i agree the stock bulbs really suck and with the new lights in i dont even have to use my high beam
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 05-05-2011, 06:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:87
united316 will become famous soon enough

What is the best HID kit for the ram?
2011 SLT Crew Cab 4x2, 4.7, 3.55 gears, TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Dual Latch Tonneau, Westin Black Platinum series oval step bars, Aeroskin Hood Protector, Ventvisors In-channel smoke , Husky Liners Front ard Rear Mud Guards, K&N drop in air filter.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:210
Rkeytek has a spectacular aura aboutRkeytek has a spectacular aura aboutRkeytek has a spectacular aura about

^^ One that includes the projector housings, so you get better light output and cut-off and don't blind the people driving around you
Old 05-05-2011, 06:35 PM
erm

That ^^^^ is correct!!!! LOL
Old 05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i like my stock lights, but i believe that i read that there were 2 types,
if i upgrade, i think that SILVERSTAR bulbs would be my next step

this is my headlight unit, maybe there are other styles ?

[IMG]

right after i bought the Ram, i had the headlight lenses & windshield treated with Diamon-Fusion windshield treatment, over 2 years without a rock chip on the glass or plastic, pretty darn good when i follow trucks for a living. Wish i could say the same about my paint job
http://www.surfaceshield.com/windshields.htm
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 05-05-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: 4 wd tow package
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
fneidenbach is on a distinguished road
Default Crystal Fusion

The Dealer treated my windshield with a product called Crystal Fusion. I also recieved a bottle of renewer to use periodically. It appears to do the same thing as Rain-X but maybe lasts longer. I didn't pay for this (and a lot of other things which the dealer included in the purchase of my truck) so I'm not too worried that it won't live up to its advertising.

Has anyone else had any experience with this or Diamond Fusion which I think is a similar product?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
doug713 is on a distinguished road

I replaced my bulbs shortly after I bought the truck with some Luminics replacement bulbs and it made a huge difference. I never use the high beams. I believe the website I got them from is "Highperformancebulb.com". I replaced all 3 sets (the high, low beams and the fogs) for right around $100, and so far they have lasted great. I drive a lot and in the winter months a lot of that driving is in the dark, so they have been awesome. I would love to upgrade to the HID's but have heard numerous accounts of them not working properly and making other electronics like the TPMS trip out. I would not be happy having spent that kind on money to have issues like this..
Old 08-01-2012, 05:28 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dk Cherry Red
Rep:14
dkerr24 is on a distinguished road

I've had HID units in my fog lights for 9 months now and never any issues with them affecting any other electronics in the vehicle. I haven't messed with the headlights as HID's in the fogs really lights up the road, and it was an easy swap out. The kit I bought from Amazon included double stickum's for mounting the ballasts on the frame out of the way. No drilling or any other permanent mods required for install.

And yeah I use the HID's without any hoods, so they are BRIGHT. But easily turned off if I feel I am blinding oncoming cars.

Darin
Old 08-01-2012, 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram ST
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:15
redlightrico is on a distinguished road

I havent had the chance to upgrade to HID's yet (and I stress yet) but upgraded to silverstar's and love them. Muuuuch better than stock bulbs