DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: marine blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
New2Ram is on a distinguished road
Default probably trade 2011 Ram for charger r/t

Well guys and gals, looks like I will be leaving you and headed over to chargerforumz.com. I will probably be trading down to an 06 r/t this weekend. Gotta get out of this high payment. I love my ram, but I love my money more! Anyone out there with a charger that can give me any advice? Thanks for all your help with everything.
Mopar Nerf Bars, 3.55 gears, 20% tint, 18" Magnaflow muffler, shorty antenna, 10" Memphis sub, Sound stream amp, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, tri-fold soft tonneau cover, smoke head light and tail light covers, blue l.e.d. brow lights, Built 12-6-10 @ noon
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2012, 12:44 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:64
Rescue1 will become famous soon enough

Hey man, gotta do what you gotta do.. At least you are moving into a vehicle that you can friggen tune and get some power out of. I personally couldn't be without my truck, but if all I needed was fast transportation I would be going down to a car, and down in years like you.. Good luck...
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 AM

that is one thing that I am stoked about is being able to tune the thing! I only need a truck a few times a year, so I will just get a small hitch and trailer.
Mopar Nerf Bars, 3.55 gears, 20% tint, 18" Magnaflow muffler, shorty antenna, 10" Memphis sub, Sound stream amp, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, tri-fold soft tonneau cover, smoke head light and tail light covers, blue l.e.d. brow lights, Built 12-6-10 @ noon
Old 08-03-2012, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2011 1500
Trim Level: 4X4 Big Horn Crew
Color: Black
Rep:10
Murph0408 is on a distinguished road

if i had the last generation charger i'd totally put a bull bar on it and get the dog-dish style wheels to look like a police cruiser. assuming it is black or white (or maybe blue)
Old 08-04-2012, 12:17 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

Not to be a dodge basher since I own a ram but really. If you need a sedan get a pontiac G8 GXP or at least a GT. My friend has a 08 Charger with a exhaust and stuff and he talked it up and I drove it then beat it with a Cobalt SS we both have intake and exhaust, from stop or roll I waled away. The LS motors used in the G8 with the slick 6spd and easily tuned auto are a much more mod friendly car.Easy to get power from one with a local shop with HP tuners and a dyno. Dodge makes a nice truck and the SRT8 cars are ok but Pontiac just had a better car too bad Chevy didn't rebadge it, far better then the crapalla SS. To each there own I rather get a used Ram 1st with lower payment.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:02 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

Here is my advice. Have you gone to a dealer to see how much you can get for your truck? You will definitely be losing some beloved money. Probably not worth it IMHO. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONOutdoorsman View Post
Here is my advice. Have you gone to a dealer to see how much you can get for your truck? You will definitely be losing some beloved money. Probably not worth it IMHO. Good luck.
I have thought of that. And yes about $2000 upside down in the Ram, but my payments will be $200 cheaper a month. And my term will only be 4 months longer than what I have now. So taking that all into account, about $10000 cheaper for me. I understand that when it is paid off it will be worth less than the Ram, but still not $10k less....I hope!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

best advise I can give you about the Charger is ENJOY IT!

They're great cars, lots of power, lots of room (for a car), and many available toys.
My wife used to have an '07 SRT Charger that she traded for an RT Chally.

good luck and be sure to stop by now and again to say hello

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 08-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: TRX Offroad
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
bluesand08 is on a distinguished road

Chargers are great cars for sure, and with the tuning for a pre 2010 depending on mods it will be a sweet ride putting out plenty of HP and giddy up. Going for the R/T is a huge plus as well since there are lots of performance mods out there for them from mild to wild. From giggle gas to a supercharger you could get it all if the wallet allows....

My personal preference is a 2011 bodystyle though since you are cutting costs, I can understand your what your doing. One thing though, if you have not already done so, go to a few dealerships and see what kind of money they might give you on your current ride and try to hold out for more than what they are offering. Even though this is the beginning of the month, it is close to the end of a model year and when the newer models come out it will hurt your value and help your value when trying to get the 2006. You should be able to get a break even deal on your ride for a 06.... regardless....

good luck with whatever you choose, either vehicle is a great choice.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Vaguely exact

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3148
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should do what's best for you. I love those Chargers. They had a HEMI Charger in the showroom when I picked up my RAM, and the dealership owner was showing it to me. I was really impressed with the roominess of the car and how the trunk was so huge. And how the rear seat folded down to extend the trunk space just like in the old cars from the 60's and 70's. I think you will be happy. Good luck!