DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
Hi Jeffery. I got the P.M. from JN.

To answer your questions...This isn't a cliquish forum by any means it's a family of members from all walks of life. New, old, recreational, working and serious Ram owners and I just happen to be the Uncle that everyone shy's away from at the family reunion. I don't have a new truck that I am able to mod to make it look better or perform better. Not everyone is here to modify their trucks, some are here to improve what they have, or just maintain it to the best of their ability.

That being said, some of us are human too. I personally try to get 8 hours sleep and live in the Eastern Time Zone,but try to check the forum 2/3 times per day if there happens to me something I can help someone with, So 12-24 hours is a stretch.

Moving on..YES the 6.3 bed from a standard cab will interchange with with a 6.3 bed from an extended cab/4 dr. The rear half of the frame is used for both trucks from the factory and the factory seam is located behind the front spring mounts. If you go out and look at both your '96 shorty, and your '98 extended cab you'll see the same seam. Since they use the same frame, the mounts and everything else is the same. Dakotas are the same (characteristically) as the standard cab 8' bed truck has a one piece frame, but you can go out and look at that too.

There should be six bolts that hold the bed on, three screws in the fuel filler door, four screws along the rear license plate valance, and unplug the tail lights.

You'll have to use your tail light harness because the plugs are different.

The bumper is the same for the rear.

If you have to transport the bed, the easiest way is to take 6 pieces of 2x3, cut them into about 10 inch pieces and place them in the holes in your bed. Flip the replacement over and place it on top of yours (mirror image).

I hope that answered your questions.

Since I get the feeling that you're going to take the bed off your '98 extended cab and swap it over to the '96 I don't think you'll be needing to transport it but I thought I'd mention that for future reference. I have some knowledge on the Dakota

My apologies for not answering you sooner.
MY MAN! I knew you would have the answer. REPS my friend.
Sponsored links