DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 PM
B5-SXT B5-SXT is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 4
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Ram SXT
Trim Level: SXT
Color: B5 Blue
Engine: 2002-2012 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
B5-SXT is on a distinguished road
Default Need info on Boss wheels

Sorry up front if this is long winded but I'm looking at dropping 3k and I don't want the wife ticked off. I did post this question in the lowered suspension section but the question is about the wheels so I moved it here.
Currently in the planing stage of drop kit with wheels and have a few questions. I want an old school look and have been looking for a torque thruster style wheel. When I would find something I liked, bolt pattern, offset, backspace, discontinued or a combo of these prevented me from pulling the trigger. Last night I found some wheels that should work, One I like the other is what I want.
They are the Boss 335's and 338's

The 335's are the ones I like, come in 20's and 22's, Black center or Chrome
20x8.5 - w/25mm offset - 5.67 backspace - 2100lb load rating - 34lb weight
22x9.0 - w/20mm offset - 5.75 backspace - 2100lb load rating - ??lb weight
The 338's are the ones I want but only come 22's, Gray center, Black center or Chrome
22x9.5 - w/14mm offset - 5.73 backspace - 1580lb load rating - 40lb weight
I'm not asking about the offset or backspacing, There close and should keep everything at the fenders edge. My question about the wheels are mostly about the load rating and the brand. Had a local tire shop tell me not to use any wheel rated under 2000lb as the wheel would end up cracking, Has anyone else heard this or able to shed some light? I know the GVRW is 6000lbs and the 338's hit 6300lbs so 8400lb for the 335's feel like overkill unless I was putting mudders on them and going stump jumping.
As for the drop kit, going to go with the McGaughy deluxe 2/4 kit and I have read someplace that I could have issue running the 17" wheels with this kit. If true then I just have to wait till after I get new wheels.
And I'm sure someone will ask about what I would put on the wheels,
If 20's - 285/50/20 Proxes ST II
If 22's - 305/45/22 Proxes ST II
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 03-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Desert Ram's Avatar
Desert Ram Desert Ram is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Posts: 1,952
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '14 RAM 1500 R.Cab 4X4 Shorty
Trim Level: TRADESMAN
Color: FLAME RED
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep Power: 1
Rep:82
Desert Ram will become famous soon enough
Default

WOW
You have certainly done your home work

I hope someone with knowledge of the Boss line chimes in soon

P.S. Happy Husband = Happy Wife !

Good Luck, I'll be interested in your choice and why
__________________
**********************************************
" I've always been Crazy, But it's kept me from going Insane "
**********************************************
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2015, 07:16 PM
spoiler's Avatar
spoiler spoiler is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 892
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep Power: 3
Rep:364
spoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nicespoiler is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5-SXT View Post
Sorry up front if this is long winded but I'm looking at dropping 3k and I don't want the wife ticked off. I did post this question in the lowered suspension section but the question is about the wheels so I moved it here.
Currently in the planing stage of drop kit with wheels and have a few questions. I want an old school look and have been looking for a torque thruster style wheel. When I would find something I liked, bolt pattern, offset, backspace, discontinued or a combo of these prevented me from pulling the trigger. Last night I found some wheels that should work, One I like the other is what I want.
They are the Boss 335's and 338's

The 335's are the ones I like, come in 20's and 22's, Black center or Chrome
20x8.5 - w/25mm offset - 5.67 backspace - 2100lb load rating - 34lb weight
22x9.0 - w/20mm offset - 5.75 backspace - 2100lb load rating - ??lb weight
The 338's are the ones I want but only come 22's, Gray center, Black center or Chrome
22x9.5 - w/14mm offset - 5.73 backspace - 1580lb load rating - 40lb weight
I'm not asking about the offset or backspacing, There close and should keep everything at the fenders edge. My question about the wheels are mostly about the load rating and the brand. Had a local tire shop tell me not to use any wheel rated under 2000lb as the wheel would end up cracking, Has anyone else heard this or able to shed some light? I know the GVRW is 6000lbs and the 338's hit 6300lbs so 8400lb for the 335's feel like overkill unless I was putting mudders on them and going stump jumping.
As for the drop kit, going to go with the McGaughy deluxe 2/4 kit and I have read someplace that I could have issue running the 17" wheels with this kit. If true then I just have to wait till after I get new wheels.
And I'm sure someone will ask about what I would put on the wheels,
If 20's - 285/50/20 Proxes ST II
If 22's - 305/45/22 Proxes ST II
I'm running the 338- 22's- Love the look, the ride, I did my homework like you and am totally happy with the results. see my signature line for the setup. go to my album for a few pics.
Never heard anything about max load rating. Good luck!
__________________
Vararam Air Grabber, Vararam Power Chamber, 87mm TB, Diablo Tuner with HemiFever 91 tune, Magnaflow Muffler, Boss 338 22 x 9.5, Toyo Proxy 305 45 R22, GroundForce 2/3
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-16-2015, 08:16 PM
B5-SXT B5-SXT is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 4
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Ram SXT
Trim Level: SXT
Color: B5 Blue
Engine: 2002-2012 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
B5-SXT is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler View Post
I'm running the 338- 22's- Love the look, the ride, I did my homework like you and am totally happy with the results. see my signature line for the setup. go to my album for a few pics.
Never heard anything about max load rating. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback Spoiler. Seeing the 338's on a QC tell me the load rating is not going to pose a issue for the way I use my truck. How do the Proxes handle in crappy weather?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ram View Post
WOW
You have certainly done your home work

I hope someone with knowledge of the Boss line chimes in soon

P.S. Happy Husband = Happy Wife !

Good Luck, I'll be interested in your choice and why
Got a call today from my LTS letting me know the chrome ones are in stock and the black center are 60 to 90 days out. The forgot to ask about the gray ones as they thought I wanted the black because of the picture I showed them. Found the part number of the gray ones and will be going that route.

Now to photoshop this to look like my truck to use as the background of my head unit

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2015, 09:20 PM
moparluvr's Avatar
moparluvr moparluvr is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sarasota, Fl
Age: 54
Posts: 19
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
moparluvr is on a distinguished road
Default

Love the look! Actually I'm shopping for the same style in 20's for my 06 RCSB. Let us know how things work out and post some pics please! I'm wondering where you purchased and for how much?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors