DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Godge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Vulgar Vulture is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewagon View Post
My free Sirius trial just expired for my 2010 RAM and I was contemplating signing up for it, but that $156 was too steep since I already am fortunate to have decent radio stations nearby.

But now I received a letter saying 50% off and its $86/yr.

Now they have me thinking again.

Is this a good deal?
That's about what I paid two years ago. If you like Satellite Radio then go for it!

I'm cancelling my Satellite because I bought an in dash stereo that has slots for those media disks and a direct audio input. I listen to a lot of podcasts, Pandora and "Tune-In Radio" on my Android so I don't really need Satellite anymore.

Besides, I know where I can download Hoard Stern for free if I really need a "fix".
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Express 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
skyjockey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
I was surprised how easily they said Yep! you figure, they must be feeling the economy - Sat radio is a first luxury to go when people start feeling the pinch
Funny, I said I would NEVER pay for radio. Sure like everyone else I got the 1 year included with my new truck and I am beginning to wonder?? Only really listen to a couple of stations but commercial free and nearly no talk is AWESOME ! I forget how annoying morning radio is when I take my other car to work with just FM, how primitive lol

On Bikenut's comment, wonder if it might be worth asking to extend my contract now while they are desperate and I'm willing to spend SOME money :-)
Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

cant hurt to ask

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 08-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Color: Gray
Redsand is on a distinguished road

They've been sending me flyers constantly for the last month and a half, I bet I get at least one every other day in my mailbox. Just got one Saturday for 3 months free, will probably bite on that one. One thing that chaps my @$$ about Sirius though is a few years back I had it and mid year I changed banks and decided not to renew, about 9 months after my subscription expired I start getting collection calls about it. Told the collection guy I wasn't paying for something I had already PREPAID for, never heard from them again.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1463
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

This board got me thinking.. I just called Sirius to ensure my 1 year free trial had an active date of the day I took possession of the truck (as the Sirius was already active when I first test drove it back in July).. lady told me that it was still in the dealer's name.. but then after checking the ID of my radio, she said they (the dealer) had switched it to my name as of 10/18.. okay.. cool.. that is the day I drove it home. So at least they have my info and can start sending me deals like others have said they send out.. just hope I get a deal before my trial expires next October.. I'm not sure, but do they charge a reconnect fee or something if you lapse on your subscription??

She tried to get me to sign up for continuous coverage.. basically wanted me to pay $159.39 (for the Sirius Select Package only) now for the October 2013 to October 2014 service time frame..?? Seems a bit ahead of schedule to me so I declined. I also felt as though I could get a better deal than that if I sign up to continue my coverage for another two years from now.. LOL! Thanks to this thread, I now know that I'm right on that.

I did ask about what the cost would be to me out of pocket to keep everything as it is right now in the trial (Sirius Select package with Travel Link and Traffic).. she quoted me $255.12.. I believe when it comes time, I will be dropping the traffic as I hardly need that service but will be hitting them up for a deal that includes the Travel Link as I have grown quite attached to that.

Package/Service pricing breakdown I was given:
Sirius Select Package - $14.49/mo OR $159.39/year (includes 1 month free)
Travel Link - $1.99/mo OR $5.99/mo when bundled with Traffic
Traffic - $3.99/mo OR $5.99/mo when bundled with Travel
Doesn't seem like you save anything if you bundle the Traffic with the Travel..

All of you guys talking about getting 50% off deals and offers is sounding VERY desirable right now.. just hoping I get one of those offers too!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Black Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
walc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
All of you guys talking about getting 50% off deals and offers is sounding VERY desirable right now.. just hoping I get one of those offers too!
Don't worry you will get more special offers than you can stand.

Right now, 11/14 to 11/27, SiriusXM has turned all expired/unsubscribed satellite radios on for a free trial.

I really like SiriusXM. However, from past experience, when the free trial ends, I doubt if I'll renew. At this time, we have 2 other vehicles, which came with satellite radios, that we didn't renew.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1463
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I am all about special offers and deals.. no such thing as too many to me You should see how many email lists I subscribe to for coupons and deal alerts on just about everything BUT truck related. LOL

A question for anyone who can answer:
If you decide to sign up and pay for a year subscription, I assume you have to pay that amount in one lump sum. What happens if one does this and then something (god forbid) happens to your rig and you no longer have that radio (and your replacement doesn't have a Sirius radio)? Can you get the unused months refunded back to you for the prorated amount you won't/can't use?

Not planning on getting myself into this predicament, but hey.. life happens. Just wondering. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
I wouldn't pay a penny for Sirius.

Absolute garbage on every level!

Give me my XM in my Tahoe any day of the week.

I can't wait till' my trial is over so I know it doesn't infest my radio.
Six months or so can be a lifetime.

For the last 6-8 weeks, my wife and I have been swapping vehicles a lot. She's been borrowing the Ram for runs between Richmond and VA Beach, Norfolk and D.C at least twice a week.... often double that. Work related.

She drives a loaded '11 Tahoe which was actually mine for the first year of its life, so I had zero problems swapping rides here and there. She puts app. 500miles/week on the Taho with the vast majority of it being interstate/highway. She relies on three things during these trips. Her XM Sat radio, her OnStar and her seated seats.

This past Tuesday night, my Sirius Sat 12 month trial period expired. No sweat off my back as I'm a loaded with songs iPod man. She does a 180mile round trip Wednesday morning and calls me less than 30mins into the trip. She asks why my satalite radio isn't working. I told her why. She says it's not gonna' work if we are to swap vehicles up until around July '13. I thought about saying let's forget about the swap vehicle thing..... but momma raised no fool! She says it's bad enough not having OnStar but she can't do without the satalite radio.

Cut it short: I called Sirius this morning and, after breaking the guy's chops for about 40mins or so, the [very ] best I could get was $92.86 [all fees inclusive] for the Sirius Premier package for 12 months. That's their top package; previously I had the step down Sirius Select. The advertised [discounted] price for the Sirius Premier on their webpage is $197.89

It really pays to haggle..... and, never say "never."

Thanks for reading.

PS: Based on a friends suggestion, I whistled a tune about having Sirius/Sirius XM at both my place of work and my wife's [my wife does, I don't]. I also added that we had several other family members who had the same services [partially true]. I was afraid he was going to ask for radio id's or ask more detailed stuff about the other fabricated services and family member's names and the like. He never did. Worth a shot IMO. I also threw in the Tahoe and a 2007 Honda CRV we use to have that we payed lifetime subscription for [now owned by a family member].

Grub out!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:39 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road

I have to ask for those who reup the stuff, is it taht much different than a free phone app with blutooth?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: BRIGHT SILVER
Rep:17
fx2offroad is on a distinguished road

I always get 6months for $25. but that doesn't include traffic. So the last time I called I said I would pay the $25 again for 6 months if it would include traffic and they said Ok. Well two weeks later they charged me $25 and $10 on my credit card. I called back and they happly refunded the extra $10. when I check my CC they refunded back the $25! LOL, and my traffic went away, so i was calling back and the "automated answering" machine said that "Your free trial ends on blah blah blah, which was a year from now so I just hung up the phone. LOL. $10 for one year....