DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Rep:10
jasoncaley is on a distinguished road

They will give you a 6 month deal for $25 if you ask them just let them your friend got the same deal
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RAM1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:260
CrazyCanuck is a jewel in the roughCrazyCanuck is a jewel in the roughCrazyCanuck is a jewel in the rough

Just got a renewal offer in the mail today offering $4.99/month for first 3 months (but does not say how long you have to sign up for to get it.)

I've got another 2 months before it expires, I think I'll wait and see if they get better.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Trim Level: Big Horn 4X4
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
markjr is on a distinguished road

$89.00 a year, but with royalties and taxes it came to $101.00.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express QC 4x4
Color: Black on black on black on ...
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Ski31 is on a distinguished road

I got them down to $25 for 6 months, as well.
After kind of flirting with the girl on the phone, she pretty much told me that as long as I cancel the day before it expires and call again the day after it expires, I could get it for $25 for 6 months again.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Express 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red
skyjockey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjockey View Post
Mine is up in a month. Starting to get the letters to renew now. I'll let you know if they cut me a deal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjr View Post
$89.00 a year, but with royalties and taxes it came to $101.00.
Just got off the phone with them. Started out with the everything under the sun plan for $199 year. She asked what I was looking for in the plan for channels/time. I told her the channels I liked and that a friend of mine recently got a deal for $89 year and another at $25/qtr. She immediately said yes they have a promotion going on the "select" plan which is what I have now for $86/yr ($96.75/yr w/fees & taxes). I went for it. Only catch is auto renew so I have to remember to cancel a few days beforehand and renegotiate.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:122
Socalgordon will become famous soon enoughSocalgordon will become famous soon enough

I do not know if it was talked about before, but if you prefer to speak to "Bob" or "Cindy" who basically does not read off cards and speaks with a thick accent that you can't understand, call 866-635-4070 and press 1 and you will speak to a live person.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I get 3 months free trial, then pay something like $30 or $40 for 6 months, then cancel. Call next day and repeat. I find it worth the money, but if it cost any more I wouldn't pay for it.

And it's JMO but I can't believe people have hundreds of dollars to spend on xm radio, especially when you can talk them down cheaper. Hell we are so cheap we cancelled cable. I just can't bear to waste money on things that aren't necessary unless they are a really good deal.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: deep cherry red
cojeep17 is on a distinguished road

Just a heads up. I spoke with 2 different reps today and try to renegotiate after my free trial. both told me the stopped doing Promos 10 days ago. They cannot negotiate and were happy to cancel my service. I wondered why I never heard anything from them prior to my subscription ending.
If someone knows different please share.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^That's a bummer but I won't pay more. Don't "need" it. I can listen to the FM and mp3's.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

My subscription is up next Friday Oct 18th. I have been receiving about one renewal reminder letter per week for the last month.. all of which quoted full price even though the outside of the envelopes claimed 'special pricing inside'.

Tonight I get a phone call from one of their outbound call centers and spoke with a nice lady named Chelsea.

She immediately started off informing me of their current special of $4.99/month for six months.. which works out to be $29.78 total out the door (all fees, licensing, etc included). Not too shabby and close to what others have reported.

Also, I asked what the out the door price would be for six months with the inclusion of the Travel Link. She quoted me $42.43 saying this includes TL at its normal price of $1.99 per month as she does not have any current specials for this added feature.

I asked what the out the door cost would be for one year (as I hate subscriptions that last only six months). She quoted me $113.24 total out the door. I asked why the one year price isn't simply double the six month price and she said they don't have any sales on the one year right now. And, as much as she did admit to agreeing with my line of thinking (how rational it would be for the one year price to be double the six month price), she apologized and said she simply could not do that. Okay.

Because I was at a friend's house on a Friday night (alcohol was involved), I asked her for a phone number I could call back on Monday - giving the (honest) excuse of I never allow myself to agree to anything, enter into any contracts or use my credit card when inebriated. She laughed and gave me the number 888-539-7474 and told me to simply tell the customer service rep the prices she offered me and I can go from there.

So, I am faced with a couple of options.
Select package for six months for $29.78
Select package + TL for six months for $42.43
Select package for one year for $113.24..

I am thinking I'll call Monday and inquire on the price for one year with TL added. My guess is that this total will be around $137 (the quoted $113.24 plus $23.88 (TL $1.99x12).

If I understand this thread and what others have reported, I can try to haggle with them. I would really prefer a one year term for the $113.24 for the Select package *including* Travel Link. Do you think I have any chance of getting this?

Finally, I have heard mixed reviews (both here and elsewhere web wide) that it can be bad to give them a credit card number. I am a little leery on this mainly due to past experiences (non-Sirius related). If I choose to have them bill me and I subsequently pay by check or money order, will my service not take affect until they receive my payment in the mail? What are some opinions on this? How do the rest of you handle/submit your payments to Sirius?

I appreciate any feedback offered! Thanks!