I haven't installed the GF leveling springs, but I did cut my springs in the rear. Was super easy, and was completed in about 45 minutes.
If a suspension shop had issues installing rear springs, I would have probably went else where as it can't get too much easier.
- Lift the rear truck by the pumpkin using a floor jack. I lifted as high as I could go.
- Place jack stands on the frame just in front of the rear tires using one of the higher settings
- Unbolt the lower shock mounts
- Unbolt the sway bar from the end links
- Slowly lower the truck down onto the jack stands, continue lowering the pumpkin till the tires are about an inch or two above the ground.
- I marked the bottom coil and bottom perch with 1 yellow line on the left, and the right side with 2 yellow lines. That way when I reinstall I know right from left and exactly how the spring was inside the perch.
- Lift the spring up a bit and slide the bottom out of the perch.
- I cut mine, so I cut 1.5 coils off on each side and that lowered my crew cab 2"
- Install the springs and line up the yellow marks on each side.
- jack the pumpkin back up
- Install the sway bar end links
- Install the lower shock mounts.
- Remove jack stands from under the truck,
- Lower jack
- Open beer
- Drink beer
- Stand back and admire the truck