DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.2L V8 Specific Topics


Notices


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 AM
brando54009 brando54009 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: st. croix falls wi
Age: 26
Posts: 37
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1996 ram 1500
Trim Level: sxt
Color: battle ship grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:12
brando54009 is on a distinguished road
Default after-market fuel pump?

so my pump went out today after a solid 192,xxx miles. as a hotrodder at heart i have a hard time justifying putting a factory fuel pump for $250 back into my truck, especially since its had a few things done to it (lowered and a couple ignition mods).

the other thing is i would like to keep my gauges and factory comforts still there since this is my hauler after all.

so my question is, is there a factory up-gradable one perhaps or am i just stuck with one of these rock auto dudes?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 08-16-2012, 04:59 PM
ramvan2500's Avatar
ramvan2500 ramvan2500 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 1,885
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 4
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando54009 View Post
so my pump went out today after a solid 192,xxx miles. as a hotrodder at heart i have a hard time justifying putting a factory fuel pump for $250 back into my truck, especially since its had a few things done to it (lowered and a couple ignition mods).

the other thing is i would like to keep my gauges and factory comforts still there since this is my hauler after all.

so my question is, is there a factory up-gradable one perhaps or am i just stuck with one of these rock auto dudes?
go to highflowfuel.com they have great pumps for a crap load less that 250. They are made by airtex most of them and before you say ill or no, as long as you clean the tank and PROPERLY install the pump it will last more than most people report. I got my pump for 129 bucks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 AM
crusher crusher is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: quebec canada
Age: 31
Posts: 2,126
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 7
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough
Default

summit racing also carries fuel pumps at great price, and free shipping
__________________
2014 ram sport crew cab with ram box,side steps,sport hood,remote starter,8 speed &3.92 gear lsd,4 corner air susp,knn intake,mufflex 18, BT catchcan,bakflip F1 cover
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 PM
bfsoper's Avatar
bfsoper bfsoper is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Happy Camp
Age: 20
Posts: 22
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: rhino lined black & custom green
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
bfsoper is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvan2500 View Post
go to highflowfuel.com they have great pumps for a crap load less that 250. They are made by airtex most of them and before you say ill or no, as long as you clean the tank and PROPERLY install the pump it will last more than most people report. I got my pump for 129 bucks
i seem to be in DESPERATE need of a new pump also, & this is the best place ive found so far!!! O'rielys was over 200, summit was over 180, but this place was 69.99!!! good reserch ramvan! thank you so much
__________________
BIGGER, better, LOUDER, ShWeEeEeEeT!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:04 PM
ramvan2500's Avatar
ramvan2500 ramvan2500 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 1,885
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 4
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfsoper View Post
i seem to be in DESPERATE need of a new pump also, & this is the best place ive found so far!!! O'rielys was over 200, summit was over 180, but this place was 69.99!!! good reserch ramvan! thank you so much
you're very welcome, I found them on ebay about 9 months ago when my pump died out. this company gives you a lifetime warranty on all there pumps AND they are E85 ready so with all that including the amazing price you cannot go wrong.

Just an installation tip, be sure you clean the tank well and you index the pump to the tank and it should work flawlessly. I also recommend that you put a bottle of fuel system cleaner inside the tank with the new pump just as a precaution.

well best of luck on the install
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum