DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III
Red face Winning AND Losing at the same time

Okay, so I'm on my way home today and just want to get there. Me being me and getting frustrated with people who shouldn't be allowed to walk, let alone drive a motor vehicle. Just trying to get home to roll the rock back in front of my door and say to hell with 'em.

Sitting at a light after driving through the moving pot-holes and can see my chance to just get out in front of 'em and be on my way.

I look next to me and there's an '01, 2G, 2500 with a 6' lift in pretty good shape "For Sale" in the back window. My radios up and I notice the truck smokes a little bit...well that sucks I'm thinkin'.

Light turns green and I'm a rabbit and to hell with the grey hounds. Chirp 2nd and relax with my lead.

Red light...guess who's next to me, as if I didn't know why he's right there.

I can see the cross light turning yellow and I'm thinkin...just gonna go and get home. Green light and I'm gone Bye bye 2500, have a nice day.

I hit third and hear this spoolin, turbo's whining, no visibility for two hundred feet behind him/us...Now I'm thinking...that little bit of smoke at the last light.

This guy blasts past me like I was in reverse, smoke billowing and he's gone gone.

As soon as I heard what he was rowing with I just completely got out of the throttle and let him go on his own. Wasn't looking for a race, so it didn't bother me too much that I had obviously lost.

Anyone know what the first visible thing through his smoke was?

So as I'm watching the red and blue lights emerge from the dissipating smoke I'm thinkin' to myself...maybe I did win in a way.

The 2500 hangs a left into an abandoned/vacant parking lot at an old department store, and the cop is imitating Vin Diesel sliding through the parking lot trying to close the distance between him and the 2500.

I genuinely felt bad for the kid, but I'm pretty sure I learned the exact same way.

Anyone else have a winning and losing story? And I don't want to hear any Commie Pinko stories about the day I met my girl.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

HAHAHAHA that's GREAT!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
HAHAHAHA that's GREAT!
If you think that's funny...I was bummed I didn't get the # off the For Sale sign because It obviously ran really well and looked good

I just didn't have the courage to sit there and wait for the now reduced for quick sale price for Court costs...

DISCLAIMER
Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

haha how funny would that have been if you rolled up behind the cop, and walked up and started asking about buying it lol
Old 08-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Thinks sheep are stupid

I originally meant, but probably didn't state it well enough, that I was wondering if anyone experienced a "losing" situation and it wound up actually being a "winning" situation. Not specifically aimed at driving.

As an example...truck gets stolen the day after you heard a funny noise, and you wind up with a ned ruck instead of a headache...

DISCLAIMER
Old 08-23-2012, 07:06 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: Intense Blue
Rep:23
Dodge Boy13 is on a distinguished road

track him down and get the number!! dodgeboy could possibly have a new truck...
Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about

Thats a good one!! I had a pretty good idea where your story was going when he rolled up beside you at the 2nd red light

Mods : 20x9 fuel Kranks, S&B CAI, 20% tint, Ram rubber mud flaps, Lumens 35w 6000k canbus low beams, tri fold tonneau, led plate & cargo lights, custom led bed lighting
Old 08-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Boy13 View Post
track him down and get the number!! dodgeboy could possibly have a new truck...
Check the Howell Court and see when Court night is Maybe the impound lot? I was not sticking around

DISCLAIMER
Old 08-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Had a break-in at our house in Zimbabwe when I was younger. They stole an electric kettle, a random assortment of minor electronics, and our VCR. Now, the VCR was a NTSC (north american video format) and had started to eat the bottom of the tapes regularly. At least they left the old remote and the new VCR that had replaced the one that was muching tapes
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 PM
impugning the "hider"

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3215
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Warlock, I get your drift on this one. About 10 years back, I was driving home from work when, a couple of guys (looked like kids) in an old chevy truck with no muffler were tail-gating me. I could see them drop back and then hear them race right up on me. (I was driving my old 68 camaro at the time). Anyway, up ahead I saw this car trying to back out of a driveway. Other cars were flying by and not giving the guy a break, so I decided that, even with these jackasses behind me, I would come to a stop and let the poor guy out of this driveway. When I slowed down to do this, these two brainiacs (of course not noticing what was taking place) damn near rear-ended me, then laid on the horn. I swear, I was ready to jump out right there and take care of these morons! But before I could even think of that, they smash the gas, whip around me and the poor guy backing out, and fly down the road. The guy backing out was apparently freaked out by this because he pulled over to the shoulder and stopped. So I (in my early thirties at the time) sped up to see what the f*ck this guys problem was. As I came to the next intersection, I was like "oh shit, this isn't good". Another truck had ran the light and T-boned them doing about 50-60 MPH. (I'm sure they were doing the same speed or more). So to go with your question, I first felt that I had lost for letting these A-holes taunt me, then felt like I had won for for being kind enough to give the guy in the driveway a break, and then felt like I REALLY had won because, in all probability, that truck that ran the light was destined to hit me as I was in front of him and without the delay of the stopping for the guy in the driveway, would probably have been entering that intersection at that exact time!