DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:161
TimW has a spectacular aura aboutTimW has a spectacular aura about

Nickxc, I too, like you are getting tired of these know it alls that blast away at new comers, you are absolutely right, if these guys don't want to talk about it they shouldn't reply, maybe there needs to be an area in this forum that only the guys who have done it all, lived it all, and know it all, can go and square off against each other. Perhaps the moderator could deal with this as I have seen in other threads where some members, have been told to cool it. Fortunately there are not too many people like this on here, most are happy to share experiences and advice, this kind of rude behavior is not the norm.

Last edited by TimW; 08-23-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Nickxc, I too, like you are getting tired of these know it alls that blast away at new comers, you are absolutely right, if these guys don't want to talk about it they shouldn't reply, maybe there needs to be an area in this forum that only the guys who have done it all, lived it all, and know it all, can go and square off against each other. Perhaps the moderator could deal with this as I have seen in other threads where some members, have been told to cool it. Fortunately there are not too many people like this on here, most are happy to share experiences and advice, this kind of rude behavior is not the norm.
^^^^ I agree. The moderators are here to deal with these types of problems. If you have any questions or concerns you should never be afraid to post your thoughts. This forum is about sharing ideas and concerns with other members. As far as paint is concerned mine was flawless and I would expect that from a brand new vehicle, you have every right to be upset and concerned if yours is not perfect.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 cc 4x4
Trim Level: laramie
Color: bright white/gold
Rep:71
Ramsrule123 will become famous soon enough

frankly, this is not just for utility pick up trucks. i drove a 300m from enterprise a few weeks ago. good looking car. the day i was going to turn it back in noticed a spot where the paint actually looked like it was peeled from the car it was so thin, i could see the primer. fortunately it was small and low on the car so no foul on me but i realized crappy paint IS a dodge corp problem. too bad, i really like the cars but one coat of paint ain't gonna cut it.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Trim Level: 1500 Bighorn
Color: Black
Rep:54
MrPiper will become famous soon enough

My new MSRP $40,015 Ram 1500 Bighorn had several orange peel spots, and the RAM 1500 and HEMI badges were on crooked. I looked on here and found that crooked badges are as common on Dodge products as orange peel paint, which may be why so many people take them off in the first place.

The paint AND the badges are obviously appled by machine and are FAR from perfect. I agree they could do a better job on both for what we are paying them.

Here is a solution for the orange peel that I stumbled on quite by accident. We found a tiny scratch on the side of the bed which I think was from my reading glasses in my pocket with the ear peace sticking out. Wife unit went bat crazy on me about it since the truck was only 2 days old. I went to the local parts store and found some Turtle Wax Color Wax. they have several colors available and since my truck is black, it was an easy choice to see if this would help for a few bucks...

It did just OK on the scratch. Made it where no one on earth can see it EXCEPT my wife, but I just figured, "hey, it's turtle wax, why not just go ahead and wax the new truck while I'm out here."

The next day, I was amazed to see that I couldn't find the orange peel spots myself! If you have a truck that is close to one of those turtle wax colors, you may want to give this a try.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2013Express,2014 Charger R/T
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:39
roo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaney579 View Post
Good lord, use the search feature. This horse has been beaten so much they are extinct. EVERY MANUFACTURER HAS BAD PAINT. Told this following story 5000 times on this forum for the same exact "OMG I PAYED 'x amount' for my truck, but looked it over in the middle of the night while under shelter from rain in a cave" posts...

Down the street from me is a 2 year old single cab GMC. Has nearly 9k miles on it now, and the hood has become so bad from paint peeling and thin clear coat it looks like it belongs on a 15 year old honda civic with horrible heat damage. Like it had thinner and gasoline poured on it and let sit out in the 110 degree texas heat. I am a firm believer that you will not get perfect paint unless you look over the lot and make sure you find the best looking ram out there. Same with ford, government motors, toyota, nissan etc etc... My opinion is the only vehicle I have found to have perfect paint is in the 70k+ range. I have looked at brand new 2013 gt500s that buddies of mine have bought, and they have paint flaws from shipping/bad paint prep. That is a 65k dollar super muscle car. Just the way things go. You are not going to get perfect paint on something that in the end is intended to do work... Even if you didn't buy it for that.

I am sorry, but it is the way it is. I know in a perfect world paint would be perfect, we would all be married to 10 hot women, and live in 2 million dollar houses sipping on free beer for life. The way things are in the world companies can't afford to make things "flawless" they can get damn close, and I think my truck is pretty much there. They don't have time to put a "Show quality" paint job on each and every truck that rolls off the assembly line.
Lighten up dude, take a break, let the rest of us handle it! My silver Tradesman has kind of a inconsistent hue to the paint, but I just paid 23,000 for it so I must have really made out!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge 4.7
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: white
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:17
whitev8 is on a distinguished road

I guess I am lucky that my Mexico made tradesman has perfect paint. Dose it seem that all the trucks with paint issues are made in the US ? because reg cabs are made in Mexico and I think every other body stye is made in the US.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, the phrases "Use the search button" or "Search is your friend" are phrases I don't like to see here. We are here to help out. This place is pretty big, jam packed with info, so if someone knows where an answer is, be nice and link it!

Also, the rude behavior isn't not allowed here, it is being handled. Sorry you all had to see it.

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Rep:45
tguil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev8 View Post
I guess I am lucky that my Mexico made tradesman has perfect paint. Dose it seem that all the trucks with paint issues are made in the US ? because reg cabs are made in Mexico and I think every other body stye is made in the US.
Most of the trucks with bad paint are coming from the Warren Assembly Plant.
2012 White Hemi 1500 QC, 4X4, Big Horn Edition, Protection Group, Luxury Group, 3.92 Anti-Spin, Mopar Bedliner, Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Mopar Molded Mud Guards, Access Roll Up Tonneau, Michelin LTX M/S 2's
Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

You should have gotten a Toyota.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:10
nickxc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
You should have gotten a Toyota.
I've been told that by alot of people actually...

Seriously, Im happy with my truck, but its new, I plan to keep it 10 years, hopefully I'll be as happy then as I am now..
Closed Thread