DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Oudoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Outdoorsman2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Airlift 1000 Install with Pictures and sag comparison

So here is another install of airlift 1000. Installed them this morning in the snow. Picked them up Friday and couldn't wait any longer. So here is the start vehicle. 2012 Ram QC Outdoorsman 4x4. Everything is bone stock only 1,894 miles. So I have loaded up with wood before and well it looks kinda funny

The first 4 pictures with wood were taken a couple weeks ago without any air bags. As you can see it was a lot for this truck. First load was a little less but second load was on bump stops entire time. I am unable to paste pictures and explain them so hopefully they stay in order by how I upload them.

So now on to the install first jack truck up and take tires off. Support frame with Jack stands and lower jack slowly watching brakelines. I left the jack supporting brake lines as it made me nervous. These are the next two pictures.

From here fold air bag like a hot dog? what does that mean well, compress both ends and then fold in half length wise as you can see in the next pictures. Once you figure this out they slide in, in about two minutes each. I then slightly oiled airline and pushed it on air bag. run airline through spacer and place spacer on top of airline. Route the airline out of the top of the coil and to the back. I ran separate lines as this I feel is better. I cut the lines and half and zip tied the extra to the frame incase I want to move it ever.

I was also able to run the airline through the boxed frame most of the way and out the back. Here many run lines next to licence plate. I was trying to hide them as much as possible incase I want to take them off and then dont want holes anywhere. There are two holes between the bumper and tailgate that I used. They are very hidden and not supper accessible but with the correct air filler (which I have) its easy to fill and check pressure. I did take the tailgate off to tighten everything in. The final picture is something i thought most of you would appreciate.

Okay now for the numbers of height with weight. I have 6 60lb bags of sand for traction. I set these half on tailgate half in bed as to mimic tongue weight then had my wife sit on them for a total of 500lbs.

My gound is not perfectly level so understand the discrepancies from side to side but they change approx the same amount.

with 0lbs no bag Driver side 38.25" Passenger Side 39.375"
with 500lbs no bag Driver side 36.5" Passenger Side 37.5"
with 0 lbs bag at 35 psi Driver side 38.75" Passenger Side 39.75"
with 500lbs bag at 35psi Driver side 37.875" Passenger Side 38.875"

So all in all seems decent. It raised truck about .5" off ground without any weight at 35 psi. Also sagged about an inch less with weight attached. I am very satisfied I have yet to test at 5 psi as I just installed them today and want to leave at the high psi to check for leaks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0216 (1).jpg (117.6 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0217.jpg (127.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0218.jpg (114.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0219.jpg (116.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0227.jpg (99.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0226.jpg (120.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0229.jpg (96.3 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0230.jpg (95.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0231.jpg (99.3 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0235.jpg (88.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0236.jpg (118.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0228.jpg (123.6 KB, 67 views)
Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2013, 07:17 AM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

That looks great....Thanks for the pics.....Keep us updated and let us know how things go after you test it out......Again Nicely done.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"