DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500ST 5.7 hemi
Color: Mineral Metallic Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
wasse is on a distinguished road
Default credit report scores are a scam...

I gotta tell ya, what a scam the whole credit report thing is, I worked with each of the 3 credit agencies and paid off a few loose ends to clean up my credit before purchasing my Ram...whoever the banks and dealers get their credit report scores from were all lower, and were all different from eachother than what my score was directly with the credit agencies...Im sure obviously to get higher interest rates but wow, what a damn scam that is and amazing how inconsistent from one agency to the other...Im not sure how its even legal for the agencies who report these supposed scores to the banks or dealers can get away with manipulating the numbers as they do...has anyone else out there had issues with this ? I put a higher amount down and had to accept a higher interest rate but will refinance in a year after the scores go up but again, its sure frustrating when the dealer showed me their agencies scores and they were all 30-60 points lower than what my scores were directly with Equifax, Experian and Transunion....
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Black1 is on a distinguished road

There is not just one credit report or credit score. There are a number of products, each using different formulas to determine scores.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

it sucks that a dealership resort to their own "in house" analytics for your credit snapshot.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 08-29-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Join a Credit Union if you want the best interest rates

their rates are so much lower
something like 3 - 4 %
compare that against bank rates
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasse View Post
I gotta tell ya, what a scam the whole credit report thing is, I worked with each of the 3 credit agencies and paid off a few loose ends to clean up my credit before purchasing my Ram...whoever the banks and dealers get their credit report scores from were all lower, and were all different from eachother than what my score was directly with the credit agencies...Im sure obviously to get higher interest rates but wow, what a damn scam that is and amazing how inconsistent from one agency to the other...Im not sure how its even legal for the agencies who report these supposed scores to the banks or dealers can get away with manipulating the numbers as they do...has anyone else out there had issues with this ? I put a higher amount down and had to accept a higher interest rate but will refinance in a year after the scores go up but again, its sure frustrating when the dealer showed me their agencies scores and they were all 30-60 points lower than what my scores were directly with Equifax, Experian and Transunion....
I woulda called BS on the dealer and started to walk out...they wouldn't lose the sale over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Join a Credit Union if you want the best interest rates

their rates are so much lower
something like 3 - 4 %
compare that against bank rates
yeah. I'm a member of two. One is offering 1.99% and the other 1.45%. Granted that is for a 36 month loan but a helleva deal if you can swing the payment.

Stage 2 is underway by L&M Customs & HHP
Old 08-31-2012, 01:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Not sure where you guys are barowing from. I got .9% for 60 months from gmac and I have average credit???
Old 08-31-2012, 01:20 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Print out your own credit score and take it into your dealership. I've been doing this for years.

Click the Hyperlink at the page's end to take you where you wanna' go.

Copy/Paste: The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide consumer reporting companies — Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months.

The FCRA promotes the accuracy and privacy of information in the files of the nation’s consumer reporting companies. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the FCRA with respect to consumer reporting companies.

A credit report includes information on where you live, how you pay your bills, and whether you’ve been sued or arrested, or have filed for bankruptcy.

Nationwide consumer reporting companies sell the information in your report to creditors, insurers, employers, and other businesses that use it to evaluate your applications for credit, insurance, employment, or renting a home.

Here are the details about your rights under the FCRA, which established the free annual credit report program.

Sorce: Federal Trade Commission

Grub out!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500ST 5.7 hemi
Color: Mineral Metallic Grey
wasse is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you guys !

Thank you for the feedback gentleman....Its been a learning experience for sure, Im in a process of rebuilding my credit after making some poor choices for years...Ive been clean and sober for over 5 years now and recently swept though and payed off all debts on my credit report...Buying this vehicle was an opportunity Im very grateful for, actually my first EVER brand new vehicle purchase :-) although youll dry heave if you knew what my interest rate is, (12.4%) I plan on refinancing in a year after establishing good credit hope to get down to atleast 6 or so % and continue toi refinance every once in awhile to get a continuing lower interest rate.......Im grateful Dodge chose to help out, when other dealers wouldnt ...altho I have a clean credit report now...there is some damage so I accept that, but itll all get better in time...still, its obvious how they will manipulate the numbers to get that higher interest rate altho I DID present my scores which I had directly with the 3 credit agencies...nonetheless...I Frickin love my Ram 1500 with the Hemi 5.7 I added a series 63 K&N CAI and a Flowmaster exhaust, Under cover Toneau cover, ...still hoping for a performance chip at some point...pretty fun to have a sweet looking , nice riding , Truck with a muscle car engine ! Have a great weekend ...Wasse
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 473762_2310742465865_259605667_o.jpg (129.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Vaguely exact

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3148
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

wasse- Nice truck, man. Glad you got all your stuff together enough to be able to buy that baby! And, I DO agree about big banks, credit score agencies, and the like. But, there is not enough space on the whole internet to handle my rant on that one!! Good luck with your RAM!