DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
Rgl21 is on a distinguished road

Hey man I had a question about the signal light,where did you connect the blinkers? Is it in the fuse box or is it a wire next to the fuse box? Thanks in advance! I cant send pms :/
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgl21 View Post
Hey man I had a question about the signal light,where did you connect the blinkers? Is it in the fuse box or is it a wire next to the fuse box? Thanks in advance! I cant send pms :/
I originally ran 2 wires to the box, and could not trace the front blinkers in the fuse box, I found the rears but never had enough time to find the fronts, so I ended up extending one wire to the passenger side and linked it to the blinker direct. The ones I found for the rears are the same as the stop so was not a good idea to have them flash ever time you braked. So passing the 2 wires you can run one on each side of the truck to the front blinkers direct, you only need one wire. Since I had send them both on the same side, it actually turned out well cause I had a wire harness going over to the passenger side for my HID's and ran the wire direct with those, nice and clean, I was supposed to go back at some point to find it off the fuse box but never found the time, now its cold so I will probably do it in the spring when I find some time. Hope that helps
Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rgl21 is on a distinguished road

Haha yeah I figured it out already & I know what you mean lol thanks though! It was a little difficult with out the pics but I got it done already ! Nice write up man!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Ratchit-Clank is on a distinguished road
Post Mirror Blinker Answers from Ram Support

I asked the Ram Builder support how to program the modules/computer to turn on the functionality for my new larger Ram (flip up/power/heated) mirrors, with puddle lights and turn signals. This is their answer:

"The modules in the doors and the central body computer are unique from the more expensive models. The dealer tools do not reprogram such modules. They are programmed at the module supplier and cannot be reprogrammed. In addition, the wiring harnesses are different between the two models. So there is no method to install and get the higher trim level mirror functions in the lower line (ST) vehicle.
Sorry. Im sure that this is not the answer you want to hear."
Old 02-27-2013, 12:41 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchit-Clank View Post
I asked the Ram Builder support how to program the modules/computer to turn on the functionality for my new larger Ram (flip up/power/heated) mirrors, with puddle lights and turn signals. This is their answer:

"The modules in the doors and the central body computer are unique from the more expensive models. The dealer tools do not reprogram such modules. They are programmed at the module supplier and cannot be reprogrammed. In addition, the wiring harnesses are different between the two models. So there is no method to install and get the higher trim level mirror functions in the lower line (ST) vehicle.
Sorry. Im sure that this is not the answer you want to hear."
Oh well, I picked up a set of mirrors for my truck, I had the regular mirrors with only heat and adjustments for them, I bought a set of mirrors from off a Laramie ram that also had puddle lights and the turn signal, of course with heated mirrors and adjustments, plugged them in, everything worked the same but the puddle lights and the turn signals did not. I knew you could not change the programming of the truck to use the turn signals or the puddle lights, so I hard wired them into the truck, all works nice and fine, been working great for about 6 months now. No issues.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Hey asur your pics are not working just a fyi.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM

No they are not, a while back Photobucket lost my account and all my pics when they moved my account to there new beta site, so I had to start all over and I cannot replace those disappeared images. This spring I will start my build thread over again cause it sort of looks dumb ass now
Old 02-27-2013, 02:00 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Oh ya i hate the new beta on photo bucket and even if you take the pics out of your normal library and make a new folder they wont show on the links hopefully they fix the site.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 express
Trim Level: st
Color: Midnight Blue
hatch22 is on a distinguished road

Is there a way you could email me the pics that u posted on the install for some reason they wont show up for me.

Thanks

Hatch
Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 AM

Lost those a while back when photobucket kicked the bucket of my account and lost everything I had, don't have pics of that install no more, but if you want maybe I can give you some info, pm me with the questions I may be able to help you