DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: white
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:10
KR15 is on a distinguished road
Default my best stuck to date.

hey all. sorry its been a while since i been on here. Did want to share some pics of my last solo adventure. went to a backroad behind the town reservoir to go play in some mud. this little innocent looking 4wheeler trail looked easy enough, until i sunk my whole front end in it up past the bumper. a day later, with no winch and having broken a 2 1/2 inch boat rope, my neices husband called in a favor from a friend and brought his two handy man jacks. had to jack it up and come along the truck sideways to get a good pull out (pulled out by a ford F150, i know, epic fail on my part). yet the best was yet to come. two days later my driver front wheel bearing disintegrates and left me without a truck for about a month or more due to being unable to fit the new bearing into the money for bills, groceries, everything that needed to still get paid.
anyways. heres some pics from the aftermath of going and being a Campbell and not half assing it when i get stuck. found out later that there was no one willing to go as far in as i did with their wrecker truck to get me out. all kinds of fun. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 120731_0002.jpg (142.5 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg 120731_0007.jpg (140.0 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 120731_0026.jpg (142.2 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg 120731_0036.jpg (140.1 KB, 117 views)
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

yea man, that's a pretty solid stuck. nice pictures too lol.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

Lol, I can hear the suction now! That's damn stuck lol!

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 09-02-2012, 12:57 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie 4x4 CC
Color: White w/silver trim
Rep:63
TRCM will become famous soon enough

Don't have any pics, but the truck in my avatar got stuck one time so bad, the floorboards were under the mud, and it's sitting on 40" tires with 9" of lift.

The tcase went south in a wierd way as I was crossing some ruts. It would send all the power to the rear axle, and then when it bound up, it sent it all to the front axle. My friend who was watching, siad he watched the front dig to china, then when they stopped, the front did the same thing.

It took over 6 hrs, 2 - 16k manual winches (think chain hoist, just bigger), 2 snatch blocks, and some healthy pine trees to get me out.

When I got out, I was on the wrong side of the mudhole, and had no choice but to go back thru it, but the problem was, my right rear leaf spring was detroyed in the extraction, and the axle tube on that side popped the spot weld and rotated in the diff casting. The leaf spring was literally Z-shaped, and the tire was hitting the body hard at the front of the wheel well.

After I got thru it, I had to drive about 6 miles crabbing the whole way down the highway to get to my buddy's shop. Luckily, there ain't much traffic at 330 in the morning out there, cuz I was taking up my whole lane plus some just to stay on the road.

We drove it at about 30 mph, and 1/2 way there, a state tropper comes up on us and stops us to see if we had been drinking (hadn't been), so he followed us to the shop with his lights on.

I could also say I got stuck once so bad, a train had to get me out.

Wheeling by the RR tracks, and I had gone back there to get a friend out who was stuck in his jeep. After getting him out, we ventured a bit too far, and when I got stuck, no one else could get close enough to get me out. We were jacking the front of the truck up and pushing it off the jack sideways to try and get traction, when a locomotive engine came by and saw us. He asked if we needed help, and I jokingly said I could use a tug, so he stopped, and got out a huge logging chain he had onboard. Hooked it up and pulled me out like it was nothing.

Last edited by TRCM; 09-02-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:02 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

that sounds insane man! don't suppose theres pictures of that?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Burnt Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
DaytonaDD is on a distinguished road
Default Train tug

I would think it'd be kick ass to have a story like that lol. Please say you have pics from that adventure.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:42 AM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

Pulled out by a train is a Win!! I was a fill-in Engineer in a past life and can definitely say he never even felt a tinge pulling you out, that's too cool

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 09-02-2012, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:27
OfcrFr is on a distinguished road

Well done Sir! Im sure it took a while to get her out of there!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie 4x4 CC
Color: White w/silver trim
Rep:63
TRCM will become famous soon enough

No pics, this was back before the age of 'everyone has a camera'.

circa 1988..........cell phones were still the shoebox sized goliaths they use to be

I wasn't really stuck that deep when the train pulled me out, but the problem was, we drove thru some 6' tall grass that was solid around the edges, but about 10' in, it turned to goo under the grass. There was enough grass to support the axles since it was matted in the mud, but the tires just spun crazy holes where they were. Classic example of high centering in soft stuff, except the whole axle housing was sitting on the ground, not just the diff. We couldn't even get a jack under it, which is why we were jacking up the truck from the front/rear bumpers and trying to push it off the jack sideways to get the axles off the gorund so we had a chance at getting out.

And this was before the advent of the hi lift jacks, so all we had was a normal bumper jack, which really didn't go high enough to help, even with some logs we found put under it to make it taller.

Last edited by TRCM; 09-02-2012 at 02:23 PM.