Truck had 632 miles on it when I pulled into the shop this morning to work on it. I added the gunmetal SRT10 wheels and Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires yesterday.
Here's the parts list:
McGaughys 2/4 spring kit.
Spohn link bars and adjustable panhard bar.
Hellwig front and rear sway bars.
QA1 adjustable shocks.
I adjusted the McGaughys kit...took 1/2 a coil off the front and a full coil off the back shooting for a 3/5 or close. I'll measure tomorrow and see where it settled to but the back is right at an inch higher than the front which is just what I hoped for. McGaughys doesn't include front bump stops so I grabbed some urethane button style stops and removed the cup up front and they bolted right into place. The button stops they include leave at least 4" of travel in the back, more than I expected but a nice surprise anyway. I painted the frame everywhere I cut a spring cup off with semi-gloss black...matched perfectly.
The Hellwig bars were a breeze, less than 5 minutes to install them with an impact doing the work.
The rear upper shock bolt isn't nearly as bad as people say...pop the fender liners off and they're staring right at you. A 1/4" drive air ratchet is your friend here for sure.
The only parts that gave me issues were the Spohn stuff. The steel sleeves in the bushings were too small ID for the bolts to fit through. I had to press them all out and machine the holes bigger in a lathe. I'll be sending them an email to let them know about it so nobody hits that snag in the future.
The QA1's....wow....money well spent. I've already made a few adjustments and I think another notch or 2 softer and it'll be perfect.
You get what you pay for with shocks...I've used Bell Tech shocks before....there is no comparison to these.
I only got one pic...it was flooding here all day and I grabbed a quick one outside the alignment shop. Speaking of that...I'm gonna take it somewhere else and let them work on the caster....it's still a couple of degrees out. Camber was -0.1 on both sides and toe obviously set back perfect. It's closer than I thought it would be considering I cut an already shorter spring.
More pics tomorrow of all the parts installed...this is it for today.