DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-14-2014, 07:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Color: white
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
Iced696 is on a distinguished road
Default How far would you go?

Anyone who owns one of the newer Rams knows the limitations we face when trying to lower our trucks. I myself have a 2012 regular cab and I'm going to trade it in next month on a crew cab. I will be going places most newer truck owners wont go in order to get my truck in the weeds. Not limited to a back falf kit and aftermarket four link. I have built a number of GM C10's, two of which were TWD Blazers and the other a 76 pro street stepside. Since the newer Rams came out in 2009 I've yet to see a pro street conversion and always thought the truck would look great on the ground with a set of wide mickey thompsons tucked into the fenders. I suspect the trucks are just so new nobody wants to start cutting them up yet. Below are a few pics to drools over. But ask yourself, how far would you go?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thCA1OPL8L.jpg (10.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg thCA11KP55.jpg (9.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg thCAKE2E54.jpg (10.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg thCALTHXVE.jpg (15.8 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Iced696; 02-14-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light
Default How far would you go?

static? if money wasnt an option, id go 5/7, maybe even 6/8. i have another truck i use as a truck so its no issue for me.

i would LOVE to see my ram tuckin!!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 02-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
nola bleauxs is on a distinguished road

that red single cab is my valentine!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:44 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I'm about as low as I'm willing to take my truck while maintaining its ability to handle the power at the track. A 4/6 with air suspension on a 4wd that handles 600rwhp isn't bad in my books

However, if I had a 2wd then it'd be a different story: front/rear air bags, frame on the ground, completely rework the rear half with a 4-link; the front would have to be Z'd 3" with deep pocket lower arms, adjustable upper arms to compensate for camber. Center tunnel would be cut and capped to accommodate the front Z but it could be hidden under the center console.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola bleauxs View Post
that red single cab is my valentine!
Yeah that red one is pretty nice. I have been to Sema twice since moving to Vegas. There is always so many nice Rams there but it seems alot of the tech never makes it to the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
I'm about as low as I'm willing to take my truck while maintaining its ability to handle the power at the track. A 4/6 with air suspension on a 4wd that handles 600rwhp isn't bad in my books

However, if I had a 2wd then it'd be a different story: front/rear air bags, frame on the ground, completely rework the rear half with a 4-link; the front would have to be Z'd 3" with deep pocket lower arms, adjustable upper arms to compensate for camber. Center tunnel would be cut and capped to accommodate the front Z but it could be hidden under the center console.
Sounds like you have yours right were you want it. I am thinking about maybe going old school too with a dually bed along with 20X16's in the back and big mickey's. getting it down as low as I want is going to be the biggest problem.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
static? if money wasnt an option, id go 5/7, maybe even 6/8. i have another truck i use as a truck so its no issue for me.

i would LOVE to see my ram tuckin!!!
Nothing better looking than a truck tuckin' tires. I think I am going to have to do a back half to get what I want. The factory four link is just too limited. I suspect the wife is going to freak out when she sees me start cutting though LOL.....
Old 02-24-2014, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

My ol lady give me the, "are you suuuuure ya know what your doin" look quite often too. Lol

My silverado would be tuckin tire right now if my tax woulda been what i was expecting lol.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 03-13-2014, 03:43 PM

Vehicle: 2014
Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

More drooling material.