DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram – 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jaydoubledub is on a distinguished road
Default 2012 1500 uConnect 430N repeating error "USB update file"?

I love my 1500 Bighorn. I have had only this one issue, so far...

Today, I started getting my uConnect telling me two different things at random times. One thing it does/says is start the voice recognition setup. The majority of the time it simply cancels out on its own. I've actually ran through the recognition setup just to see if it would go away. It didn't.

The other ting it randomly does is tell me something to the effect of "please insert a mass storage device with the update file in the USB drive."

I have paired 3 Android phones with the 430N so far. One was a HTC Incredible 2. And two Motorola Droid Razr MAXX's. The latest Razr MAXX is set as the primary.

This started today. I talked to a parts person on the phone (from the dealership I purchased my Ram) and he cannot get me an appointment, before I go on leave on Monday. However, he commented that it sounds like one of the uConnect buttons is stuck. I RARELY use my uConnect with exception to streaming songs from my phone. I've MAYBE pressed either of the two buttons a total of 8 times. While I was trouble shooting, I was messing with the buttons, to no avail. I don't keep sticky stuff on my fingers either lol

I will probably try to unplug the battery tomorrow and see if that helps.

Oh, lastly, I have about 4 gigs of music (no pictures) on the hard drive. All the audio/input modes work fine, as I've cycled through them. This also randomly comes on even when I've turned off the stereo, by pressing power button.

Any help will be welcome and thank you all!
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Hello, Actually the dealer is incorrect about the sticking button. This is an issue that can be fixed with a SW update. What is the build date of the truck? Can you wait till Monday for me to get you the update for this issue. I don't have it here at home but I can get it for you Monday. The update process is quite easy. You download the file to a thumb drive and place it in the USB hub in the glove box then a couple more steps. It takes about 20 - 25 minutes to perform. If you don't want to attempt it (but as I mentioned it is quite easy), then the dealer should have access to the update file. They may just be behind on their level of knowledge. I think I have the TSB # for this issue also at work and can get to you on Monday.
Looks like I'll have to start a new thread on this issue and have it put up as a sticky if possible.

PS, I just re read the last statement in your post, Don't let hem tell you this isa radio issue and they need to order a new radio. You need the update that I mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydoubledub View Post
I love my 1500 Bighorn. I have had only this one issue, so far...

Today, I started getting my uConnect telling me two different things at random times. One thing it does/says is start the voice recognition setup. The majority of the time it simply cancels out on its own. I've actually ran through the recognition setup just to see if it would go away. It didn't.

The other ting it randomly does is tell me something to the effect of "please insert a mass storage device with the update file in the USB drive."

I have paired 3 Android phones with the 430N so far. One was a HTC Incredible 2. And two Motorola Droid Razr MAXX's. The latest Razr MAXX is set as the primary.

This started today. I talked to a parts person on the phone (from the dealership I purchased my Ram) and he cannot get me an appointment, before I go on leave on Monday. However, he commented that it sounds like one of the uConnect buttons is stuck. I RARELY use my uConnect with exception to streaming songs from my phone. I've MAYBE pressed either of the two buttons a total of 8 times. While I was trouble shooting, I was messing with the buttons, to no avail. I don't keep sticky stuff on my fingers either lol

I will probably try to unplug the battery tomorrow and see if that helps.

Oh, lastly, I have about 4 gigs of music (no pictures) on the hard drive. All the audio/input modes work fine, as I've cycled through them. This also randomly comes on even when I've turned off the stereo, by pressing power button.

Any help will be welcome and thank you all!
Old 06-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thank xsdbs!
I will be driving to AZ Monday, but, I will be able to dowload and install on the road. No problem! I will be heading out soon and will get the date then. If any of this info helps, then here you go as well:

App # 33.00.41 Gracenote D9F
System 0207

And I will get you the build date asap
Old 06-16-2012, 04:55 PM

cool, Then I'll get you the file on Monday. That information tha tyou provided is for the radio and is the most current SW for it. Your raadio is built by Mitsubishi and has an external Ucinnect module and that is what we will be updating. This is why I mentioned not to let the dealer tell you it's a radio issue, it's not.

Quote:
Thank xsdbs!
I will be driving to AZ Monday, but, I will be able to dowload and install on the road. No problem! I will be heading out soon and will get the date then. If any of this info helps, then here you go as well:

App # 33.00.41 Gracenote D9F
System 0207

And I will get you the build date asap
Old 06-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Awesome! I just pulled the M10 and J13 fuses and will reinstall in a few minutes.

My "MDH" is 120615. I believe that's the "Month, Day, Hour" of manufacture. So, I'd have to say it was made the 6th of December, 2011.

Thank you for all your help!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Apparently, the M10 is for the uConnect. If I simply leave that out, my stereo will seemingly work just fine. However, there will be no uConnect. Just saying. And even though I don't use it often, I still would like it to work LOL
Old 06-17-2012, 04:30 PM

correct about the fuse, it's the main 12v for the Uconnect. This alone proves that it's not a radio issue. Anyway I'll get the file for you tomorrow. I have a meeting in the morning but I'll get it as soon as I can, ok.

Quote:
Apparently, the M10 is for the uConnect. If I simply leave that out, my stereo will seemingly work just fine. However, there will be no uConnect. Just saying. And even though I don't use it often, I still would like it to work LOL
Old 06-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
correct about the fuse, it's the main 12v for the Uconnect. This alone proves that it's not a radio issue. Anyway I'll get the file for you tomorrow. I have a meeting in the morning but I'll get it as soon as I can, ok.
You Sir, are my hero!

Thank you again
Old 06-18-2012, 12:41 PM

Ok, Here ya go. I need you to download this file and let me know when you do so I can close it again temporarily. I just found out that the dealer doesn't have it yet, Chrysler is still working on getting it on the Tech site.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g31sjt4ca0o72s9

The instructions are:
Download this file that I have on Mediafire onto a thumb drive and : Place this thumb drive in the USB connector mounted either in the glove box or the center console. Press & release the uconnect phone button and say “set up, software update”. You will start to hear some beeps. This process will take about 20 – 25 minutes. It’s a good size file. During the beeps, the radio screen will in an update mode, when the beeps are done and the screen goes back to the radio then the process should be complete. Just wait for a few seconds after the radio starts to play before removing the thumb drive. Turn the key off, open & close the driver’s door. Wait about 30 seconds then turn the key on. After radio powers up wait about 15 seconds, then press and hold the uconnect phone button for about 15 seconds, the radio will start to say a few options and then something like please attach usb….. And then there will be a software version that comes up on the screen. Should be 63.02.48 V: HS: d6. When you see this,
release the button, press and release it again. The radio will show the radio screen now. Let me know how it works out for you. Thank you,
PS - You will also need to delete the current pairing of the phone to Uconnect and the Uconnect to the phone, then start the new pairing session.

Quote:
You Sir, are my hero!

Thank you again
Old 06-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thank you mucho! I'm downloading on my phone now and will stop again to install once it's finished. I'll reply back here when i have it. I'm at 20% from two mins or less ago...