DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Cool Vanilla
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:63
MoparMadness08 will become famous soon enough
Default Ram Runner Beats the Ford Craptor!!

http://blog.ramtrucks.com/features/i...ook3#more-8637
Old 06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 - Waiting
Rep:10
nerddason is on a distinguished road

33 Seconds is not winning that is shaming. Wow, I can't wait for Chevy's special edition in 2013 so we can have a battle of the big three. That Runner would be awesome to have.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to know, if you watch the video of that run, the Raptor bottoms out the front end on the mogul section because they are still using the factory bottom notch setting on the raptor's front suspension. If they were to move to the middle notch setting they would have got another 2 inches of suspension height and not had any bottoming out issues resulting in a much better time. The guy driving the truck is awesome, the guys setting the truck up failed. The Raptor's front suspension has 3 notches in it and due to the feds wanting the headlights at a certain level Ford had to use the bottom notch out of the factory.

Also, look at the price and how you get each vehicle... buy a new Ram, sign away your warranty and add a $20k kit.... or walk in and buy a fully warrantied vehicle off the show floor that is ready to run most desert races for LESS... sorry, Raptor is winning. Now remember, I'm a diehard Ram fan, but I can talk sense rather than be blinded by brand loyalty.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:31 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

U
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Also, look at the price and how you get each vehicle... buy a new Ram, sign away your warranty and add a $20k kit.... or walk in and buy a fully warrantied vehicle off the show floor that is ready to run most desert races for LESS... sorry, Raptor is winning. Now remember, I'm a diehard Ram fan, but I can talk sense rather than be blinded by brand loyalty.
Okay so the Raptor would be a better choice for the money...it still lost. And if is a big word and it goes both ways. If I would have driven the Ram used in the video of Ford promoting the ecoboost beating the hemi they would have lost because I would not have let off the throttle like they obviously did in that video. I see your point (it's a nice truck) but I'll raise you a hundred that they all beat the hemi and talk trash ten fold on their forum. So I ask you, do you go to their forum defending the hemi or Ram in the same maner?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Cool Vanilla
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:63
MoparMadness08 will become famous soon enough

I wouldnt own a raptor period. Their frames are junk. they cant withstand the abuse that ford claims. look at all the raptors with the frames bending just behind the cab. and they wont warranty it. Dodge is clearly the better truck. and who cares about the ecoboost. its a joke. ford has to put turbos on a vehicle just to make any power. Just sayn.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

The ecoboost is crap for anything except going to get groceries, I drive them for work every so often and I hate them.

As for defending the hemi on other forums, I actually have to defend my gas truck regularly since my work truck is a Superduty 6.7L that has seen some aftermarket love as well and those forums bash EVERY gas job out there. I don't suffer from the brand loyalty that so many do. But I WILL try to give other people the information that tends to get forgotten about when people are trying to play the "mine's bigger than your's" game.

As for the raptor frame issues, it's very limited and every single case has been because the DRIVER has put the vehicle past the truck's capabilities. The biggest claim of bent frames came after a group ran across the desert at top speeds on a trail they'd never run. Even in trophy truck races they run the trails first to find out where the bitters, ditches, washouts, etc because running a course blind is a sure way to wreck any vehicle, even purpose built ones. So giving a vehicle that can handle most terrain to a driver with no idea how to run it properly and safely is a recipe for disaster. It's like taking a ram and putting 10,000lbs in the bed then going to the dealership wondering why your suspension is messed up and saying it's a design flaw.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:251
2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough

was the raptors frame bent afterwards??? LOL
Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road

If dodge offered it to buy it'd be great. As this stands its a contest between a factory production vehicle and a customized aftermarket vehicle. IMO, edge to the Raptor

EDIT: anybody know if Dodge is gonna start building Ram Runners to sell? I'd be very interested in a possible upgrade.

Last edited by BradZ; 06-08-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew-Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black over Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:31
Hardware is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
One thing to know, if you watch the video of that run, the Raptor bottoms out the front end on the mogul section because they are still using the factory bottom notch setting on the raptor's front suspension. If they were to move to the middle notch setting they would have got another 2 inches of suspension height and not had any bottoming out issues resulting in a much better time. The guy driving the truck is awesome, the guys setting the truck up failed. The Raptor's front suspension has 3 notches in it and due to the feds wanting the headlights at a certain level Ford had to use the bottom notch out of the factory.

Good counterpoints.

Hopefully, this is an indicator of things to come...a factory built Ram Runner available at the dealer.

They've set the stage (sort of) with the Power Wagon. No other manufacturer (that I'm aware of) has a vehicle on the dealer showroom floor with a winch, for example.
MODS: BAKFlip F1; Head Rack; WeatherTech mud-flaps, vent visors & bug deflector; Cabella's rear seat cover; cabin air filter; Geno's Grill Quick Release Kit, PIAA Xtreme headlamps (Highs, Lows and Foglamps), WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:44 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Good counterpoints.
With all due respect to CdnoilRAM, it sounds more like a bunch of lame excuses as to why it lost and why it's better to me. He'd make for a good Ford salesman but he won't get anywhere on here, lol.