DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram 2500 crew cab
Trim Level: laramie
Color: austin tam pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
brickmanstl is on a distinguished road
Default Front drivers seat

I hope everyone is doing well
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a new or used drivers seat for my 98 dodge ram 2500 club cab truck.
it's the 60/40 style seat -cloth gray with colored specs, I really don't care if it matches perfect color, I just can't stand the seat I have which is ripped and the springs are shot.

In a different questions I had my original stereo removed and had a Alpine 121 stereo installed, the tech couldn't get my front door speakers to work he said they were blown ( I don't think so) they do have the amps built into them, I would appreciate any thoughts on how they can be hooked up the right way, all the other speakers in the rear and the front tweeters are workings ???????

Thanks for everyone's help in advance
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 95 & 98 1500 Ram 4x4s
Trim Level: SLT & Sport
Color: 1 Blk,1 Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:36
Screamintrashcan is on a distinguished road

Heh Heh... Good luck with that seat, I've got two of those worthless things, Unfortunately, it seems everyone has the same problem, with rips, the sprung thing seems particularly bad on the 98s (low bidder war?) I also have one prototype wheel on my 98, and the coating on the alloy wheel is coming off like a wheelcover. (Superglued on, now!!) It has all sorts of approval stamps on the inside, you can only see em with the tire off... Odd that you mentioned the speakers, on mine, (both trucks) the little wires that went to the magnets from the paper cones vaporized, rear speakers, as well. I got sony xplodes for both trucks, the fronts are round, the rear oval, and they are terrific. Walmart or ebay. can't remember what size. looking on crutchfield would get you the sizes. you can pry the rear plastic up and out of the way easily enough, try and save the plastic clips on the door panels, and put them back in when your're done, cuz there isn't enough screw support with 2 in the pull cups and one top front. those push pins are actually structural (shhheeesh) The special pry tool is probably money well spent, and use finesse.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg. Cab
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Phatninja55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamintrashcan View Post
Heh Heh... Good luck with that seat, I've got two of those worthless things, Unfortunately, it seems everyone has the same problem, with rips, the sprung thing seems particularly bad on the 98s (low bidder war?) I also have one prototype wheel on my 98, and the coating on the alloy wheel is coming off like a wheelcover. (Superglued on, now!!) It has all sorts of approval stamps on the inside, you can only see em with the tire off... Odd that you mentioned the speakers, on mine, (both trucks) the little wires that went to the magnets from the paper cones vaporized, rear speakers, as well. I got sony xplodes for both trucks, the fronts are round, the rear oval, and they are terrific. Walmart or ebay. can't remember what size. looking on crutchfield would get you the sizes. you can pry the rear plastic up and out of the way easily enough, try and save the plastic clips on the door panels, and put them back in when your're done, cuz there isn't enough screw support with 2 in the pull cups and one top front. those push pins are actually structural (shhheeesh) The special pry tool is probably money well spent, and use finesse.
Try to check the craigslist for your area, Or ebay.

If the springs don't bother you, you could go to a local store and by some snuggies. they make really good covers. I was lucky and went to dollar general and bought 2 adult and 1 child snuggie for $3 for all 3.
Looks really good on my seats. But I also have 40/20/40 seats.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Banned - Unauthorized Commercial Sales

sanddperformance is on a distinguished road

I think i just seen a super nice complete front row at a local salvage yard I will check next week when I go down there