DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-16-2012, 09:27 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Default 2012 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 build!!

how we doing everyone new to the forum, have owned ram1500 since i was 15, i just purchased a 2012 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 have a pretty good idea of the direction that i want to go with it, i have listed everything that i have done and parts that i have ordered and what i am looking for guidance on any suggestion would be well appreciated.

MODS THAT ARE DONE

blacked out back glass, legal limit on front, blacked out eyebrow(done by vision audio)

spray in linex liner done by (done by truck works)

factory running boards removed

jvc arsenal single din receiver and dash kit installed

MODS AND PARTS ORDERED AND TO BE DONE

AIRAID MXP Series Synthaflow Cold Air Dam Intake System (will be delivered 9-18-12) will install myself

badge removal, door handle removal, door poppers, remote start, and back up camera scheduled for install on 10-3-12 at vision audio.

borla cat back dual exhaust, mbrp 5in black tip, jba shorty headers, and AIRAID PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer expected delivery 10-2-12 will install myself

Bedlocker Explorer Series Tonneau Cover Kit, pro comp 6 inch Lift Kit with MX-6 Shocks, whell spacers expected delivery 10-4-12 will install myself

anzo smoked headlights, tail lights, and third break light expected delivery 9-19-12 will install myself.

jl audio hd900/6 amp, 4 ct-650 6x9's and 10w3v3-2 stealth box

thanks everyone.

day i picked it up at the dealer ship

blacked out back glass, legal limit on front, eyebrow blacked out 3.5 inches below asi line

linex bed liner bed is kinda dirty had to haul some wood chips havent sprayed them all out yet

factory running boards removed (I HATE CHROME!!!) they had to go

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 09-17-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

Post up some pics with the door handles removed! Haven't seen a shaved door yet!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

I will be posting new pics as I get everything completed door handles scheduled to be shaved on 10-3-12, will post pics soon after, subscribe to follow my progress more pics coming tomorrow evening of cold air intake and radio install.

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

That will be nice to see, looking forward to seeing the shave
Old 09-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Great looking truck!
Great choice on the color....I think this is the best color ram offers
Im bias though

Brings me back to how my truck use to you look 5 months ago
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:03 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

black with no chrome is the only way to go in my opinion i have now owned 5 ram 1500 some regular cab some quad cab and everyone of them were black, i dont personally like the two tone trucks or the other ones for that matter jmho though. got a new pic up with the running boards gone, cold air intake pics coming tomorrow, anyone know how many pics we can put in a single post before having to make a new one?>

Old 09-18-2012, 12:05 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

I've decided since tomorrow I only work half a day I am going to try tackle debadging the truck myself after watching a couple youtube videos and reading other threads why pay someone to do it when you get an do it yourself and install the cold air intake when it arrives tomorrow morning, I will put ics up in my original post.

I am wondering what is everyone's opinions on my choose lift and should I add a 3 in body lift and which one would by go with? Also what r yalls thoughts on a rolled rear bumper vs. Iron cross rear bumper? Any help or thoughts well appreciated.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
I am wondering what is everyone's opinions on my choose lift and should I add a 3 in body lift and which one would by go with? Also what r yalls thoughts on a rolled rear bumper vs. Iron cross rear bumper? Any help or thoughts well appreciated.
Pro Comp is a good kit.
My dealer pushed and tried to steer me towards pro comp but I went another route and made them grab me another kit.

I love pro comps front part of the lift. The one thing that urkes me about the kit is they make you use your own rear coils and give you spacers to achieve the height.
I personally want longer coils to come with the kit.
And they don't give you a skid plate. Why? I have no idea.....
Still a great kit, but wasn't my first choice.

Long sorry short, I went with rough country.
For 3" body lift, I'd recommend Performance Accessories aka PA
Great kit and is $400

But what size tires are you going to run with a 6" lift and body lift?
Will you run Bilsteins up front or use the preload strut spacer?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:34 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

i planned on running billstiens as i see people all over this forum and other forums recommending it, however i was not away that pro comp made you use your factory springs, and it did not come with a skid plate i might go another direction this, and no spacers for me sir, i was planning on running a 37in tire on either 18's or 20's not sure yet.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
i planned on running billstiens as i see people all over this forum and other forums recommending it, however i was not away that pro comp made you use your factory springs, and it did not come with a skid plate i might go another direction this, and no spacers for me sir, i was planning on running a 37in tire on either 18's or 20's not sure yet.
This is why I steered away from Pro Comp.
Pro Comp has a great front end. I believe they are the only kit with an actual 6" Diff drop. Which is good for your angles when adding the Bilsteins.
I just did not like how they do their rears and no skid plate
But they have been doing it this way for a while and many have bought it without issue.

A few members that I know with the Pro Comp actually purchased the RCX (Rough Country) rear coil and swapped out the Pro Comp Rear coil spacers and coil.
If my dealer pushed and pushed me to go Pro Comp, that is what I was going to do.
That would be a great pairing, but the Pro Comp is a more expensive kit and to add another $200-$250 for RCX coils was not in my plan.

When I asked about the spacer....I was asking about the Pre load strut spacer that pro comp gives you. All who run Bilsteins with this kit do not use the pre load as it is not recommended to combine both.