DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

ok for everyone following this here are pics of my badge removal compete, (yes i know truck is dirty everywhere except badge removal car wash was being repaired today and im lazy no hand washing for me lol)

NOW ON A VERY SERIOUS NOTE

I have decided on my lift parts(cancled previous order placing this on monday soon as i make sure it is tweaked perfect after reading lots of threads and posts on here and suggestions from bignugly among others i cant remember right now)

ProComp 6in lift for the front without shocks
rough country 6in lift for rear without shocks

and i am wanting to run bilstien adjustable but need a part number i think i found the right ones heres PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE CORRECT ADJUSTABLE BILSTIENS FOR FRONT AND BACK WITH 6in LIFT

THANKS!!

http://www.transamericanwholesale.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/Bilstein-Shocks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pl=9763&Year= 2009&Make=DODGE&Model=RAM+1500+PICKUP+ST&CAB+STYLE _VQ=Extended+Cab&DRIVEWHEEL_VQ=4+Wheel+Drive&Posit ion+w%2fLift_APQ=Rear+w%2f1+in.+Lift&CAB+STYLE+AND ++DRIVE+WHEEL_VQ=Crew+Cab+4WD

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 09-20-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

BigNUgly?
I like that one.....

I'd go the RCX route over pro comp. not because I did it, but for the money you're getting a better kit.
But it's your call

As for the bilstein, you want 24-187367
These are the front shocks.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Im not gonna do the rcx on the front (i want a true 6in suspension lift no spacers) so i have decided to do rcx in the rear and procomp in the front with bilsiens are we sure those will work with a 6in lift manufacturer page says works on 0-2.75in lift but if they do do the havr an adjustable shock for the rear so far im in my lift

Procomp 6in lift front
RCX 6in lift(technically 4in haha)
Bilstien adjustables in the front

Grand total so far 1781.42

Ive for a little over 200 left in my budget to upgrade this lift as best as i can still looking for some adjustable shocks for the back and whatever else i can use to make this lift the best it can be.

If i do a six inch and adjust the bilstiens to the max will i have an 8.75in lift and if so will i have to do anything to my drivetrain(transfer case o driveshaft or yoke)?

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
Im not gonna do the rcx on the front (i want a true 6in suspension lift no spacers) so i have decided to do rcx in the rear and procomp in the front with bilsiens are we sure those will work with a 6in lift manufacturer page says works on 0-2.75in lift but if they do do the havr an adjustable shock for the rear so far im in my lift

Procomp 6in lift front
RCX 6in lift(technically 4in haha)
Bilstien adjustables in the front

Grand total so far 1781.42

Ive for a little over 200 left in my budget to upgrade this lift as best as i can still looking for some adjustable shocks for the back and whatever else i can use to make this lift the best it can be.

If i do a six inch and adjust the bilstiens to the max will i have an 8.75in lift and if so will i have to do anything to my drivetrain(transfer case o driveshaft or yoke)?
How are you getting pieces from each kit?
This is a first and if I could do something like this, I would have done it. With another kit.

But....who told you that RCX is not a true 6" lift? Who said it comes with spacers?
Can you clarify this?

1) there are no rear adjustable shocks. You'll need to use/add rear coil spacers to go higher (max 2". I have 1.75" going in and swapping out my 1")
2) pro comp uses a 1" Pre load spacer in the front to actually get a 6" lift and therefore this does not make it a 'true' 6" lift. Which leads to #3
3) if you install the Bilsteins those Pre loads should be removed as you cannot stack these 2. That said, your procomp goes from 6" down to 5"
4) RCX - you actually get a 5.5" strut spacer. RCX is the only kit to give you that large of a strut spacer. RCX kit will always be 1" taller than any kit that does not use the coilovers as I have not been able to measure against those.
Taller for skid plate clearance and cross member clearance.
But in general is usually a taller kit by 1/2"
5) the rough country rear adds 4.5" of lift

So Im not sure who is giving you this info. I'd hate for you to install stuff not realizing what is going in and what cannot be paired together.

I'd just choose one kit and install in completely.

My 2 cents. And only providing you info. Either way, your truck will be sweet lifted

Last edited by fastNugly @ BP; 09-21-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

good start man. I'm subscribed! gotta see this lift!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
good start man. I'm subscribed! gotta see this lift!
Yes it is!!!

OP, pls don't take what I said above as rude. Not my intention. I just want to make sure you're getting correct info and to get the most out of your
Old 09-21-2012, 08:21 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

i simply called my dealers and asked them if i could purchase just the front and rear parts and they said no problem. i am wondeering though if i use bilstiens and it takes it down to 5, then i set it to the max at 2.75 wouldnt that be 7.75 in of lift in the front, and do they make struts that are 1in longer than factory so that there is no need for a spacer, and in the back what about just a taller spring maybe? my goal is to try and get this dont without spacers at all and achieve atleast 6in of hieght, if i could find a true 6in lift in the back, and then use the bilstiens in the fron to achieve 7.75 i think that would be best. but idk, its early i gotta go to work i will try to respoond throughout the day and check in.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:37 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Or maybe the better question is if someone could peice togethet a 6in lift using the front and the rear from two different kits and diferent shocks what two lifts and shocks would u use and why

Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
i simply called my dealers and asked them if i could purchase just the front and rear parts and they said no problem. i am wondeering though if i use bilstiens and it takes it down to 5, then i set it to the max at 2.75 wouldnt that be 7.75 in of lift in the front, and do they make struts that are 1in longer than factory so that there is no need for a spacer, and in the back what about just a taller spring maybe? my goal is to try and get this dont without spacers at all and achieve atleast 6in of hieght, if i could find a true 6in lift in the back, and then use the bilstiens in the fron to achieve 7.75 i think that would be best. but idk, its early i gotta go to work i will try to respoond throughout the day and check in.
Quote:
Or maybe the better question is if someone could peice togethet a 6in lift using the front and the rear from two different kits and diferent shocks what two lifts and shocks would u use and why
When you say dealers, do you mean you ram dealer or a shop that does lift kits?
Man, I would DOUBLE check with this and make sure they are not charging you for 2 kits and simply pulling pieces from the kits as you want.
I have never heard a shop doing this....if they did they would have no use for the left over pieces as who would buy half a kit.
So....I would double check

Strut spacers are as is. Most companies offer a 5" strut spacer on avg. (some less) with the exception of RCX (5.5"). The way they achieve 6" is via pre load spacer of 1-2". As mentioned above, this CANNOT be paired with Bilstein. Technically it can, but highly not recommended. If someone at the shop says it can, take your keys and go to another lift shop. Seriously....

If you add Bilsteins to the Pro Comp (minus the pre load), on paper you are correct 7.75"
The Bilsteins will settle about .20-.25" within a month or so....but again, on paper, 7.75" is the number.
Regarding the back, there are no longer springs. What comes with the kit is a spring that gives you 4".
comparing the 2 kits (procomp and rcx), pro comp uses your stock springs and gives you spacers (for me, I did not want this), rcx gives you a new longer coil spring that gives you approx 4.5" of lift.
The only way to achieve height in the rear is via a rear coil spacer. I am not sure why you are leary about doing this. MANY members here are running this and do mudding/off roading and have zero issues. But this is your call whether you want to run it or not.

Can I ask why you prefer the Pro Comp front over another (again, if this can be done)
Are you aware that pro comp has a 5 year warranty vs a lifetime warranty provided by RCX?
That is why I am uncertain as to why you want to mix 2 kits together....

I can understand wanting to go with the coilover front of a Fabtech or ProComp kit as this eliminates the need for Bilsteins, but other than that, why?

Either way, if there is anything I can answer or help, let me know.
Again, I do not want to burst your bubble, but I do not want you installing the wrong things or getting wrong information.

Not trying to steer you to any particular kit but I would honestly stick to one kit. But that is just me.
At the end of the day going 2 different kits can void both warranties as they can easily say one cause the problem to the other as I can see this happening.
Whether true or not, this is something you will have to fight.

**EDIT** By the way, just to provide you numbers for the RCX front. with Bilsteins set to max, you'll have a front lift (on paper) of 8.25"

Last edited by fastNugly @ BP; 09-21-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Im a procomp fan is all i prefer pro comp, and can pick parts up pretty much at cost, then when they get delivered take them to my brothers shop and have them installed cheap, i want a procomp lift but want longer springs in the back not spacers. Idk ill figure something out and buckle down and order next week