DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of
Default Dash mats/dash covers

I'm looking at buying a mat to protect the dash. I know they usually attach with velcro(I assume glued/stuck to the dash) and don't want to use the velcro. Are there any that just lay in place and stay? Can you all post pics of yours, I've found some info but need more to make a choice. Thanks all!

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 1500 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:74
KingofDomain will become famous soon enough

Hey Sean, why not go with a tinted version of your windshield. Is it illegal where you are at? Unless you really like the look, I went with a UV protective and inferred film at 80%. I have some pics on my profile of the difference. It even cuts down on the glare at night caused by headlights and the sun during the day. Just another tip from someone else. I'm not knocking you on the dash mat, just a non believer in them (I don't like the look) Good Luck!!

Last edited by KingofDomain; 09-17-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:44 PM

I just wanted to give another look at protecting your dash!!

Last edited by KingofDomain; 09-17-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:45 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Thank you for posting that info. I don't like the dash mats either honestly but am more concerned with protecting the dash. Was hoping I could find one that fit/looked good. Can you post some more info on what you're talking about? I may go that route if it provides the same protection. I'm sure tinted windsheilds are illegal here(or anywhere). But so is my illegal tint on the side windows and tinted tails....lol. I dunno about tinting my wind sheild though that seems like a safety issue for real. I don't mind breaking the law if I feel I'm safe but I guess I can look in to it.

My father in law told me all newer cars have some sort of UV protection built in to the glass.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:01 PM

Yes the newer cars do come with a uv protective glass from the factory. I can tell a huge difference with it now, I had a friend of mine tint my windshield, he told me it's not illegal if you don't go past 70%. At 80% you really can't tell a difference as looking through the windshield from the outside looking in. What happens when you shatter a window without tint? It goes everywhere, now the windshield will not cause of factory specs but another level of protection with film on it (I don't actually have proof of that) but what happens when you shatter a window with tint on it? It doesn't go everywhere. I did it cause I had an 03 and 5yrs into the life of the truck the dash cracked, so what the hell why not try something new.........
Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 PM

You DIY or have it done?

Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 PM

Sunscreening devices can be applied to the windshield if all of the conditions below are met.

Sunscreening devices must be applied above the AS-1 line. If there is no AS-1 line, sunscreening devices must end five inches below the top of the windshield.
Sunscreening devices may not be red, amber, or blue in color.
Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less.
A clear (un-tinted) UV film is allowed anywhere on the front windshield without a medical exemption being required.
Side Windows to The Right and Left of The Driver

I just did the research under Texas Law and found this: as long as you don't go below 70% it's okay in Texas. If you go below your going to need a medical exemption.

No Sean Had a friend do it he is a professional tinter, besides it didn't look easy even having it done. I watched the whole process.

Google your state on windshield tinting.........
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 AM

Thanks, I might go to the guy that did my tint and see if he has recommendation.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Rep:28
MOFOGO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Thanks, I might go to the guy that did my tint and see if he has recommendation.
Research sunscreen exemptions on the Florida Dept. of Motor Vehicles websight. With the exemption you can go darker than legal on ALL windows, front, back, and sides, legally! I run 5% on the rear and all sides, plus a strip on the top of the windshield. And all for less than $10.00, plus a trip to your Doctor for a signature. A lot cheaper than a ticket.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Research sunscreen exemptions on the Florida Dept. of Motor Vehicles websight. With the exemption you can go darker than legal on ALL windows, front, back, and sides, legally! I run 5% on the rear and all sides, plus a strip on the top of the windshield. And all for less than $10.00, plus a trip to your Doctor for a signature. A lot cheaper than a ticket.
lol that sounds strange haha. So I'd have to get a doctor to say I need that? How would I get that lol